WDW Resorts booked 1/8-1/11?!

LostPrincessKarleigh

The fiance and I have our planning session on January 8th. I have been looking for a rooms at WDW from 1/8-1/11 but all the values and almost all the moderates have no rooms! :eek:
What in the world is going on?!

we just switch our trip from 1/5 - 1/13 to 1/27-2/3 because of this...we got our airfare and hotel weeks ago, and were waiting for the discount.....when the discount came and we got $0 from it we decided to switch our whole vacation......we went from $4,770 to $3,825....were staying at port orleans riverside....if your a family of 5 there is no discounted deals in early Jan....weve done Disney in the winter for 7x now and this was the first year we werent going to get a discount...

not getting a discount when i wanted to go really irritates me....the room is discounted every week except for the week we wanted to go...even though Disney says there is a discount

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

we just switch our trip from 1/5 - 1/13 to 1/27-2/3 because of this...we got our airfare and hotel weeks ago, and were waiting for the discount.....when the discount came and we got $0 from it we decided to switch our whole vacation......we went from $4,770 to $3,825....were staying at port orleans riverside....if your a family of 5 there is no discounted deals in early Jan....weve done Disney in the winter for 7x now and this was the first year we werent going to get a discount...

not getting a discount when i wanted to go really irritates me....the room is discounted every week except for the week we wanted to go...even though Disney says there is a discount

I don't think we can be mad about not getting a discount. Maybe disappointed, but discounts are not a guarantee. If that weekend is popular, it makes good business sense to not give a discount.

@LostPrincessKarleigh - if you can switch to the end of Jan, it was an awesome time to go!

Upvote 0
Have you tried looking on Trivago.com, CheapTickets.com, or Orbitz.com? You may be surprised about what they have listed as available on Disney property. Be sure to type in Lake Buena Vista as your requested location. Good luck!

Upvote 0
i can be mad when everyone else is getting the discount...every hotel, every option except for 1 on 1 week.....for some reason it was singled out....5 person rooms at POR just for that week.....4 person rooms were discounted and any other week except for that 1 was discounted....

anyways...glad to change and save $950

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

i can be mad when everyone else is getting the discount...every hotel, every option except for 1 on 1 week.....for some reason it was singled out....5 person rooms at POR just for that week.....4 person rooms were discounted and any other week except for that 1 was discounted....
anyways...glad to change and save $950

Odd......I booked POR for 1/6/15 to 1/18/15 for a family of 5 and used the Stay Play Dine discount saving over 2k.

Upvote 0
we booked the room 3 weeks before the sale through a disney vacation planner.....we were waiting for the sale to change and get the deal.......the sale came and the room never was discounted....we checked disney daily since the sale started....never once saw a price change.....now we noticed all the rooms were sold out.....we even called Disney and went around our disney planner.....he said all the rooms are booked and no discount

1-5 to 1-13 at POR

it never showed a price different than $4,770 (8 day disney w/ dining)

never once saw POR come up with any rooms available with the discount......and when i say daily checks i mean both me and the wife checking daily....so one check mid day and one at night when i got home from work......

we always pick Jan/Feb for our trips to disney....we always stay at POR......we always get a winter discount....its why we do it....i am just irritated that we have to change travel plans/plane tickets and reschedule to get it.

I will most likely not use a planner again.....i see no advantage

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom