WDW Resort Advice

bunnyman

Original Poster
Ok, want some opinions. Going down for three nights in March to watch child's high school marching band perform. Figuring will only get to MK and Epcot. Where would you stay and why...not necessarily looking to go cheap, but not looking for Contemporary tower room either. Have stayed at WL (just got back 3 weeks ago), Poly, YC, BC, POR, and all values. Have been looking at Contemporary Garden Rooms for monorail proximity.

21stamps

Ok, want some opinions. Going down for three nights in March to watch child's high school marching band perform. Figuring will only get to MK and Epcot. Where would you stay and why...not necessarily looking to go cheap, but not looking for Contemporary tower room either. Have stayed at WL (just got back 3 weeks ago), Poly, YC, BC, POR, and all values. Have been looking at Contemporary Garden Rooms for monorail proximity.
Poly. Just do a standard view room if you want more budget friendly. That resort will give you the best convenience to the two parks. Actually, you may want to look into renting points from a DVC rental site. You can save a ton of money that way.

HurricaneHanna

In your situation (three nights, only time to go to MK and Epcot) and assuming not a lot of down time to luxuriate at the resort, I'd stick with what you're already looking at- the garden wing at The Contemporary. Those rooms are just as nice as the ones in the tower but their price tag is almost a bargain in comparison to other deluxe rooms. You can walk to the Magic Kingdom and from there you can take the monorail to and from Epcot.

Tinkerkelle

We stayed in the garden wing in October and loved it. We were very close to the main building (3 mins to the lobby) and right by the pool, though not a pool view. We could see the monorail exit from our room but there was no noise. The room was huge and the amenities in the Contemporary were fab-contempo cafe served such great quick serve food and cafe mickey meant breakfast with the fab 5. The walking path to MK is the real seller: door to door in 10 mins and the monorail to epcot. We certainly had a brilliant stay here.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

If you want to stay around the Magic Kingdom I HIGHLY recommend you check out DVC Rental Store online. You could usually get some good deals. We're in the DVC but our family members are not and when they go with us I can usually get them some good deals on staying at DVC resorts. If you want you can pm me and I wouldn't care a bit to try and help you out with it. I can call DVC directly and find out how much it would be for you. I actually enjoy doing it. LOL!

bunnyman

Original Poster
Dolphin / Swan if you want moderate pricing. EPCOT resort if you want to spend a bit more. Why? - F&G...the food is getting to be about just as good as F&W.
Already looked at that...both have no rooms available through our first night.

Schneewittchen

I'd look at places that are easy access to MK or Epcot.

Near MK - Fort Wilderness Cabins might be a nice change, but if wanted real convenience I'd stay at the Contemporary too. I always camp at Fort Wilderness in my motorhome, it's so easy to just hop on the boat to get wherever I need to go.

Or stay at a place that's walking distance to Epcot instead - Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk. My boss swears by the Yacht Club.

bunnyman

Original Poster
I'd look at places that are easy access to MK or Epcot.

Near MK - Fort Wilderness Cabins might be a nice change, but if wanted real convenience I'd stay at the Contemporary too. I always camp at Fort Wilderness in my motorhome, it's so easy to just hop on the boat to get wherever I need to go.

Or stay at a place that's walking distance to Epcot instead - Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk. My boss swears by the Yacht Club.
Yeah, we like the YC and BC also; YC is usually cheaper if discounts are available at 30% vs. 20% for BC. I'm leaning towards YC, BC, or a monorail resort (i.e. Contemporary or Poly) for the convenience factor. Never stayed at Contemporary, but hear that the prices for the Garden rooms aren't that bad so we may give it a shot. Problem with Fort Wilderness is similar to the Wilderness Lodge...only boats or buses (we were just down there at the WL earlier this month).

Schneewittchen

Yeah, we like the YC and BC also; YC is usually cheaper if discounts are available at 30% vs. 20% for BC. I'm leaning towards YC, BC, or a monorail resort (i.e. Contemporary or Poly) for the convenience factor. Never stayed at Contemporary, but hear that the prices for the Garden rooms aren't that bad so we may give it a shot. Problem with Fort Wilderness is similar to the Wilderness Lodge...only boats or buses (we were just down there at the WL earlier this month).

If you stay in a Garden room, we'll need a detailed play-by-play so I can live vicariously through you.....

tpoly88

Just stayed in a garden wing room at the Contemporary, rooms were very nice, big and quiet. if you can get a good price that is great option. you can walk over to MK, or hop the monorail to Epcot. Quickest way to Epcot though is a taxi, $20 and takes 15 min from the hotel. Poly is the best for going between both as you can take the boat over to MK or Monorail and walk to TTC to get Epcot monorail. Stayed at WL a bunch because of the price but the buses to other parks from there are long and dont come often. There is a ferry to MK which is fast and again with the money you save just grab a taxi to Epcot.

rob0519

The CR Garden Wing would be my choice. We stayed in one years ago. The lake view is definitely better than the parking lot view if that matters to you. As others have said. Close to the main building and monorail and if you care to, you can walk to the MK.

bunnyman

Original Poster
Ok, with the Disney Visa discounts now out, the Contemporary is only 10% off, while the WL is 25% off. Comes out to a big difference. Poly and GF are also not as discounted. Still considering Contemporary garden wing, but I throw out a question for anyone...concerned about transportation since only going to hit MK and Epcot. Are there buses to Epcot from that resort??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Ok, with the Disney Visa discounts now out, the Contemporary is only 10% off, while the WL is 25% off. Comes out to a big difference. Poly and GF are also not as discounted. Still considering Contemporary garden wing, but I throw out a question for anyone...concerned about transportation since only going to hit MK and Epcot. Are there buses to Epcot from that resort??
From the Wilderness Lodge? Yes, there is a bus to Epcot. It shares with Ft. Wilderness.

TXDisney

I'd look into a resort you haven't tried yet. Sounds like you've done some resorts near MK, so maybe try and Epcot area resort. We love bc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom