WDW Reruns?

Coronado

Original Poster
I noticed that the spitting camels at the new Aladin ride looked very much like those used in the old parade at MGM. Also, one of the old 20K subs was part of the pre-show at back lot tour. Does any one know of any other "reruns" (props, etc.) used at WDW?

DisJosh

They always use old stuff in new attractions......did ya ever hear of the remember the magic parades nickname? its recycle the magic......they used tons of old floats for that parade.

Tapestry2000

*starts singing*
recycle the magic
recycle the magic
it's time to recycle the maaagiiic!

i guess that's how Disney shows "environmentality" ;) :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
first off. The MAGICAL MOMENTS parade had NO reused floats in it, except for the castle float. Yes that parade has been around for 5 years, w/ 3 different names, but nothing in it was recycled from a previous parade (except for the castle float.. but that float is also in the xmas parade, and the 15th parade).

Now for the camels, yes they are the ones from the aladdin parade.

MrPromey

The chickens in Goofy's Barnstormer came from the big traffic scene in WOM. Parts of the original JII can be found in MouseGears… Supposedly the floats from the Lion Kings show in AK are modified floats from what was originally a DL parade… Those are just what I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are a lot more though...

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by sillyspook13
The Genie float in Magical Moments is reused too.

from what??? I don't remember ever seeing it prior to DMM

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The audio-animatronic animals like Simba and the Elephant are from the Lion King Festival Parade at Disneyland and are totally reused. A submarine from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at WDW has popped into the lagoon area of Mysterious Island at Tokyo DisneySea. The camels were once in front of the Soundstage for Bear in the Nig Blue House but were to Magic Carpets. Some of the cars from the World of Motion can be found early in the queue for Test Track. That's all I know right off the top of my head.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by sillyspook13
The Genie float is from the Aladdin parade.

are you sure.. i don't remember seeing that float once in that parade. I know they've built duplicates for other parades before

DisJosh

Originally posted by mktiggerman
first off. The MAGICAL MOMENTS parade had NO reused floats in it, except for the castle float. Yes that parade has been around for 5 years, w/ 3 different names, but nothing in it was recycled from a previous parade (except for the castle float.. but that float is also in the xmas parade, and the 15th parade).

Now for the camels, yes they are the ones from the aladdin parade.

I've heard from waaaay too many ppl that that parade is made up of used floats etc... to believe you on this one. As a matter of fact there are several web sites out there dedicated top the recycle the magic parade.......maby you should look them up and see what I mean.

mkt

Premium Member
I've performed in that parade since I was 16. I remember when the floats arrived everyone was like "ohh, new" And everone I've asked says that the floats (except for the castle float) were made for that parade.

I will agree that the parade was renamed twice, in lieu of a new parade, but that doesn't qualify as saying that "the entier parade is recycled" when its the same parade it was 5 years ago. The costumes were the same they were 5 years ago.

In fact, I'll go ahead and feed the recycle iness now: One of the BRAND NEW floats for the Share a Dream Come True parade.. well, it has the same drivetrain as the toy story parade radio float. Oh god.. it's recycled.

mkt

Premium Member
OK.. you win. I researched some more. But only the genie itself is recycled.. the rest of the float was rebuilt.

2 recycled floats (and the castle float was designed to be reused) and NO reused costumes.. not the parade made of ENTIRELY recycled elements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom