WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

dopetig

Cake.jpg
omg!! i have pics of this!! i was there in nov 97. my first trip....

dopetig

my thoughts EXACTLY.... for many people, going to Disney World is a once in a lifetime chance... and after seeing the castle in pictures, on TV, in magazines.... and expecting this beautiful stunning castle, this is what they get...?? :hurl:

and even worse, can you imagine what this looked like in the process of being put up???? there's no way it went up overnight, and I imagine it was even more tragic when it was half cinderella castle, and half cake mess

well i have to say it was kinda disappointing not to see the castle in all its' beauty but at the same time it was kinda cool to say that i had seen it like that. i'm glad to say that i have been again and got to see it in all it's glory. i almost cried when i turned the corner and saw it at the end of main street....both times. haha. i wish i lived closer and had more money so i could go often. i would go atleast once a year if i could. :(

JML42691

Original Poster
Now that we are getting very close to the 5000 post mark, I figured that we should start the new thread now, that way people have a little bit of time to find out about the new thread before this one is closed. Mainly so people don't stay here not knowing of the newer thread (like last time). I continued it here:

WDW Picture of the Day (Part 3)

mousefan1972

my thoughts EXACTLY.... for many people, going to Disney World is a once in a lifetime chance... and after seeing the castle in pictures, on TV, in magazines.... and expecting this beautiful stunning castle, this is what they get...?? :hurl:

and even worse, can you imagine what this looked like in the process of being put up???? there's no way it went up overnight, and I imagine it was even more tragic when it was half cinderella castle, and half cake mess

I had the unpleasant luck of seeing it half castle/ half cake mess, and it was AWFUL!!! We went in early Sept. 1996 and the transformation was about halfway done. Me and (now) DH started walking down Main St., looked up, and both shrieked "AAAUUGGHH!" We grabbed the first CM we saw (a janitor) and asked him what was going on w/the castle... and were told that it was for the 25th anniversary in October.

*shudders*

We still say now, over 10 years later, "remember how awful the castle looked the first time we went to WDW together?" :lol:

joanna71985

Princess Aurora: "Oh my goodness!! For once I don't have to wear that same old pink dress."

Now would it kill Ariel's father to give her feet for the day and let her play with the other 5?

Great photo. I wonder what was really going on with Aurora there.

Thanks! I love her purple dress. I was so happy when I was able to get a photo with Aurora when she was wearing.

And she was blowing a kiss to a little girl.

DSC00744.jpg

That would be my purse that he's holding. He stole it from me and later gave it to Jack, who looked through it. :lol:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I had never seen the cake castle in person (or pictures even), but had heard of it a few times.... I'm not sure if others share my opinion, but WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!?!?!? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have absolutely NO idea. But it looks awful.:dazzle:

kcw

I had the unpleasant luck of seeing it half castle/ half cake mess, and it was AWFUL!!! We went in early Sept. 1996 and the transformation was about halfway done. Me and (now) DH started walking down Main St., looked up, and both shrieked "AAAUUGGHH!" We grabbed the first CM we saw (a janitor) and asked him what was going on w/the castle... and were told that it was for the 25th anniversary in October.

*shudders*

We still say now, over 10 years later, "remember how awful the castle looked the first time we went to WDW together?" :lol:

I knew there had to be someone!!!! Do you have any pictures of it?? It's like a train wreck, I just have to see! haha

well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.... and here's to hoping that Disney will never again allow Candyland to throw up all over Cinderella castle!

mousefan1972

I knew there had to be someone!!!! Do you have any pictures of it?? It's like a train wreck, I just have to see! haha

well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.... and here's to hoping that Disney will never again allow Candyland to throw up all over Cinderella castle!

Yes, I have pictures but they're film, not digital. It might take me a bit to find someone with a scanner who can post them for me. Watch for them on the new Picture of the Day, Part 3 thread!

happymom52003

My husband proposed to me in front of Cinderella's castle, and as luck would have it it was while the castle was a cake!:eek: But it was still a magical moment.:king: And it is the only thing that gives me fond memories of the Pepto castle!

imamouse

oh god, the cake castle makes me wanna through up. just think, a family that has never been to WDW " i cant wait to see the castle!! its so pretty"... walks down main street.... "ewww!!" i would prolly cry if i saw it like that

Pretty much what happened to us. It was our first family trip to WDW and that is the castle that awaited us :hurl: .

DocAudio

Bidding a fond farewell to this thread and looking forward to the new one. Thanks to all who posted pictures - I enjoyed them all.

DocAudio - congratulations on your daughter. Thanks for posting comparison photos of the Temple of Heaven. Truly amazing!

DocAudio - congratulations on your daughter. Have you taken here to WDW yet?

It is really impressive to see the comparison that you posted. The attention to detail by WED in designing EPCOT Center never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for the comments, imamouse and Jeff! Yes we did take her to WDW last july 4th week. she had a great time and I hope we can get back there some time soon. I would love to go back this summer but my wife and I are expecting a new baby girl in April. It is amazing what can happen after an adoption. If a few things come together, however, we may get to go back next july 4th week, but probably not. I know we are going in 2009 so we will have the new baby sister indoctinated in the WDW fan club before too long.

Here is a photo of my little girl and me on the TTA last July. It was a little warm that day.

210KDonTTA.jpg

iheartdisney91

Pretty much what happened to us. It was our first family trip to WDW and that is the castle that awaited us :hurl: .

oh my gosh i'm so sorry for you... must have sucked... EWW its just so disgusting who in their right mind thought of this brilliant idea to make a castle Pepto pink.... most cakes i have seen aren't even pink. lol

iheartdisney91

exactly i could agree more.... omg i just can't get over it. i'm sry guys for this but i feel like throwing up after seeing the half cinderella castle half cake.... i for one am glad i never saw this in person.

imamouse

Thanks for the comments, imamouse and Jeff! Yes we did take her to WDW last july 4th week. she had a great time and I hope we can get back there some time soon. I would love to go back this summer but my wife and I are expecting a new baby girl in April. It is amazing what can happen after an adoption. If a few things come together, however, we may get to go back next july 4th week, but probably not. I know we are going in 2009 so we will have the new baby sister indoctinated in the WDW fan club before too long.

Here is a photo of my little girl and me on the TTA last July. It was a little warm that day.

210KDonTTA.jpg

Your daughter is adorable and so lucky to have been welcomed into your family. Best wishes with the birth of her sister. That's so cute that you adopted and then got pregnant. It's funny how that happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom