WDW Photographers Gallery (all images welcome)

fractal

DSC05841-X2.jpg

stuart

It's been an age since I've posted in this, so will get some pictures posted over next few days. To start with, here is one of the Duchess of Cambridge - or, to give her correct title as she was in Scotland at the time - Countess of Strathearn.

i-26ZkbC5-X2.jpg

fractal

I took these with the LA-EA1 + Minolta Maxxum 200mm 2.8 on my Nex-7. Manually focused using focus peaking.
Having spent the last 6 months shooting indoor sports, I welcomed the outdoor scene and the glorious sun despite the chill. It was great to shoot at ISO 100-200, F4, and 1/800-2000/sec! The tri-nav controls on the NEX-7 made it so easy to switch shutter speeds as the sun would move in and out of the clouds. It's something I'm afraid I'll miss if I change cameras.

DSC06975-XL.jpg

DSC07033-XL.jpg

DSC07083-XL.jpg

DSC07101-XL.jpg

DSC07136-XL.jpg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Not a picture, but I have a n00b camera question. My new camera is a basic point-and-shoot and I'm trying to figure out the resolution settings. Basically I have a 16 MP setting and then another setting that says 16 MP with a star after it. They both have the same pixel dimensions but the 16 MP *Star* files seem to take up twice the amount of space on the memory card. Thoughts?

Dragion

Not a picture, but I have a n00b camera question. My new camera is a basic point-and-shoot and I'm trying to figure out the resolution settings. Basically I have a 16 MP setting and then another setting that says 16 MP with a star after it. They both have the same pixel dimensions but the 16 MP *Star* files seem to take up twice the amount of space on the memory card. Thoughts?

To be able to help you answer your question, we are going to need some more detailed information.
Have you looked at the manual for the answer?

What make and model is the camera?

The only thing that I can think of is that it might be the resolution difference between JPEG and RAW.
Does you camera have the ability to shoot in RAW format?

Please let us know if this has answered your question.

stuart

Solar eclipse in this part of the world today, not a full one, but got 95% or thereabouts for us.

ISO400 1/8000 F14 500mm.

*I faffed around on my site with watermarking, and wont remove this large one now.

DSC_3553-1796x959.jpg

Last edited:

stuart

Some newsworthy images here from various incidents. These were either taken on my D300 or D7100. Images and video from these incidents were used in local press and also on TV.

These first two pictures from a flat fire, where the occupant lept from the top floor window, just as the fire brigade arrived on the scene. Story: http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...our-storey-fall-from-perth-flat-fire-1.229621

DSC_8912-X2.jpg

DSC_8945-X2.jpg

These three photos come from a search of the River Tay after a body had been sighted. Story: http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/lo...find-body-seen-in-river-tay-at-perth-1.237042

ISO5000 on D7100 - Sky was black at this point.
DSC_4658-X3.jpg

DSC_4725-X3.jpg

DSC_4698-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom