WDW Permits Part 5

Tom

Beta Return
Thought this was interesting. Buena Vista Construction permit for a Boat Ramp at DAAR. Wonder what that is going to be for.

Boat Ramp - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

Perhaps they do these at all bodies of water, but camouflage them? Something to allow access for water rescues, cleaning, etc.

It's definitely not for guests to launch watercraft. Unless they're actually going to put in a marina.....which would officially take DAAR up to "Moderate" status.

DAAR = Disney's Art of Animation Resort?

Is this the official new abbreviation for it?

Scuttle

Yes, most definitely. Then plans look pretty cool, to be honest.

Yes jewel of the seven seas looks pretty awesome. I gotta say if this is what RFID and next gen is all about I'm all for it and understand why Disney is investing billions into it. It will put them WAY ahead of any other theme park competitor. I was shocked how good it looked when I saw the prints. Now if we can get more of this and get rid of that horid thing called sorcerers of the kingdom we will be in business.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes jewel of the seven seas looks pretty awesome. I gotta say if this is what RFID and next gen is all about I'm all for it and understand why Disney is investing billions into it. It will put them WAY ahead of any other theme park competitor. I was shocked how good it looked when I saw the prints. Now if we can get more of this and get rid of that horid thing called sorcerers of the kingdom we will be in business.

Right. Fewer screens....more interactive props. If they're going to get technical, at least make it blend in, like Jewel will.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Perhaps they do these at all bodies of water, but camouflage them? Something to allow access for water rescues, cleaning, etc.

It's definitely not for guests to launch watercraft. Unless they're actually going to put in a marina.....which would officially take DAAR up to "Moderate" status.

Is this the official new abbreviation for it?

I have seen "DAAR" on a few permits.

Tom

Beta Return
Can you elaborate? When will this be up and running for guests? :wave:

There will be several props located throughout Adventureland that are activated by tapping them with some sort of RFID device (the plans specifically say RFID Tap Point on them).

Eyes will light up. Hidden speakers will make sounds or perhaps say your name. Smoke will puff out of things. Animals and figures will animate.

Everything will blend in perfectly with the rest of the land and surroundings. It won't be like Sorcerers.

I don't know the details of the "game" or what you'll use to participate, but I imagine it will be some sort of scavenger hunt similar to Kim Possible. You go to the first one, tap your KttW card on the sensor, and it does something and tells you the next clue.

As for timeline....no idea. Watch for walls to go up in weird places in Adventureland or new props to start appearing around the land. It will be called "A Pirates Adventure: Jewels of the Seven Seas."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lots of Buena Vista Construction permits for the Magic Kingdom over the past two days. Check out the first page of this thread for all the details.

Tom

Beta Return
Fiber/Networking possibly for NextGen and/or park wide Wi-Fi?

The locations seem too obscure to be for NextGen stuff. But the park WiFi would make sense. I didn't read the article about it, so I don't know exactly where these "hot spots" will be, but this could be the start.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The locations seem too obscure to be for NextGen stuff. But the park WiFi would make sense. I didn't read the article about it, so I don't know exactly where these "hot spots" will be, but this could be the start.

Would this be the sort of work Buena Vista would do? I would think that we be done my a more specialized contractor.

Tom

Beta Return
Would this be the sort of work Buena Vista would do? I would think that we be done my a more specialized contractor.

True. They would outsource the wifi, just like they did with the rest of the "Property Wide WiFi" earlier.

BVCC usually only does proprietary/secret stuff, minor tasks, or WDI type installations.

Now I'm scratching my head. Some of the locations are odd...like the Speedway.

PeterMarcus

Theres a permit a few days ago for SSE's "ride envelope". Is that the external facade between the loading area and the geodesic sphere? Or is that internal? Like the descent where the lights and triangles are?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Theres a permit a few days ago for SSE's "ride envelope". Is that the external facade between the loading area and the geodesic sphere? Or is that internal? Like the descent where the lights and triangles are?

I am guessing that this isn't work on the ride itself and I don't think it's connected to the rumor of changes to the descent. There were a couple permits filed the same day for various Epcot attractions all from the same contractor, so I am guessing that they are doing related work at each attraction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Permit today for "Fantasmic Area Development". Look at the drawing in the permit the location of this work is to the right (when entering Fantasmic) of the Fantasmic entrance path, and behind the BatB theatre. Doesn't currently appear to be anything in that space.

Backstage Fantasmic Area Development - General Construction

Here is a picture of where the work area is.

FantasmicPermit.jpg

nepalostparks

Permit today for "Fantasmic Area Development". Look at the drawing in the permit the location of this work is to the right (when entering Fantasmic) of the Fantasmic entrance path, and behind the BatB theatre. Doesn't currently appear to be anything in that space.

FantasmicPermit.jpg

Interesting. The contractor on the project looks like they do mostly residential and office type construction, although they do also feature museum construction. But nothing on their website shows any amusement/theme park work.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting. The contractor on the project looks like they do mostly residential and office type construction, although they do also feature museum construction. But nothing on their website shows any amusement/theme park work.

Mivan does a lot of projects for Disney. Recently they have been involved in a lot of queue modifications.

Tom

Beta Return

I am guessing that this isn't work on the ride itself and I don't think it's connected to the rumor of changes to the descent. There were a couple permits filed the same day for various Epcot attractions all from the same contractor, so I am guessing that they are doing related work at each attraction.

"Ride envelope" is a very generic term. If used properly, it would mean the entire structure that houses the ride itself. They would have said "queue mods" if they were doing more of those. Interesting wording.

FantasmicPermit.jpg

Perhaps the contractor couldn't think of anything better to call this area than "Fantasmic Area". Given the work they've done for Disney, I'm guessing it will be additional support areas for cast like office trailers, dressing rooms, prop storage, and other things to support BatB and perhaps even Fantasmic.

Could also be an expanded queue area for Fantasmic, so that they're not lined up all the way down the street before each show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom