WDW Permits Part 5

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yes, Raleigh is a home-based electrical contractor. Knowing that, I ruled out several possible meanings for DBO (Database Object and Dragon Ball Online), and came up with the only one I knew of already that has to do with technical production: Dead Blackout.

It's a command used on theatrical lighting control systems. I've never heard of an entire hardware system referred to as "DBO", and the only two Google hits were this thread and Stitch Kingdom's twitter post about the same permit.

My guess....Raleigh is doing park lighting work in the area where the castle walls are going in, around old Dumbo.

Another permit for the old Dumbo location referencing DBO...

1394 Magic Kingdom Dr (Old Dumbo) - Experience Development - DBO - Graphics Pkg

Tom

Beta Return
Another permit for the old Dumbo location referencing DBO...

1394 Magic Kingdom Dr (Old Dumbo) - Experience Development - DBO - Graphics Pkg

Well, obviously DBO stands for a Disney project of some kind. Can't imagine what would go at that location, and can't think of anything that would use those initials, that we know about.

Someone will have to keep their eyes open for a sign.

Tom

Beta Return
Haha, I know. I guess I was using to term to add a little sarcasm in hoping that some day the ice cream would return to Aunt Poly's. :shrug: I guess I failed.

Gotcha. Sometimes I use my fancy construction lingo and forget that it doesn't make sense to everyone.

I too would like to see Polly bring something back, but oh well.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Some interesting permits the last few days...

- Buena Vista Construction for Dinosaur, Midway Mania, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates

- Buena Vista Construction for a Meet and Greet at 1396 D Magic Kingdom Dr. Might be the new Pooh M&G.

- Buena Vista Construction for something called the Eco Lab at the Art of Animation Resort.

Tom

Beta Return

- Buena Vista Construction for Dinosaur, Midway Mania, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, and Pirates

- Buena Vista Construction for a Meet and Greet at 1396 D Magic Kingdom Dr. Might be the new Pooh M&G.

- Buena Vista Construction for something called the Eco Lab at the Art of Animation Resort.

Hmmm....BVCC work at e-tickets.

1396 also corresponds to Snow White. Could be BVCC's scope of work for Princess Hall. I haven't heard about a Pooh M&G, but it could be that too.

Odd that they'd file a permit for something at a project that's still underway (AoA) and should have been covered by the global permit/NoC.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hmmm....BVCC work at e-tickets.

1396 also corresponds to Snow White. Could be BVCC's scope of work for Princess Hall. I haven't heard about a Pooh M&G, but it could be that too.

Odd that they'd file a permit for something at a project that's still underway (AoA) and should have been covered by the global permit/NoC.

There was a permit for Princess Hall the other day listed at 1396A Magic Kingdom Dr, that's why I think this one is something different.

dreamscometrue

Do they need to file a permit for any little change that isn't simply maintenance? Is there any way to tell the scope of a project by the filed permits?

Tom

Beta Return
Do they need to file a permit for any little change that isn't simply maintenance? Is there any way to tell the scope of a project by the filed permits?

With the county, they're technically filing Notices of Commencement, which means they're going to begin work on real property which could result in non-payment to one or more parties if someone were to default. As in, the county has to know a project is going on, in case someone doesn't get paid for their part of the work.

So yes, just about anything Disney does to improve it's property, but doesn't do with in-house forces, is considered an "improvement" and the county has to know.

It's different than a building permit, which would be filed with Reedy Creek.

dreamscometrue

Thanks for those replies. I thought they were building permits, but I do understand the difference as explained.

I guess I shouldn't get too excited then when I see my beloved 'Dinosaur' on a list like that. They could be doing minor things to it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Four more permits for "Queue Modifications" today for Dinosaur, Kilamanjaro, Primeval Whirl and It's Tough to be a Bug with the contractor Mivan Inc. The first three had permits earlier this year for "Queue Modifications" with the contractor Albritton Williams, Inc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom