WDW Permits Part 5

nepalostparks

Interesting permit today:

1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Development - DBO Show Control Hardware

That address is the location of the old Dumbo. Not sure what DBO stands for.

Dan

Well, the contractor is Raleigh Enterprises out of Davenport. Googling the address, it's a residence in a neighborhood, so that leads me to believe its a smaller contractor. Could it just be the removal of whatever electrical/mechanical items are left in the ground from the ride being there?

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting permit today:

1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Development - DBO Show Control Hardware

That address is the location of the old Dumbo. Not sure what DBO stands for.

Dan

Well, the contractor is Raleigh Enterprises out of Davenport. Googling the address, it's a residence in a neighborhood, so that leads me to believe its a smaller contractor. Could it just be the removal of whatever electrical/mechanical items are left in the ground from the ride being there?

Yes, Raleigh is a home-based electrical contractor. Knowing that, I ruled out several possible meanings for DBO (Database Object and Dragon Ball Online), and came up with the only one I knew of already that has to do with technical production: Dead Blackout.

It's a command used on theatrical lighting control systems. I've never heard of an entire hardware system referred to as "DBO", and the only two Google hits were this thread and Stitch Kingdom's twitter post about the same permit.

My guess....Raleigh is doing park lighting work in the area where the castle walls are going in, around old Dumbo.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Bunch of Fantasyland permits today for Barton Malow, but these appear to just be renewals of existing permits.

Tom

Beta Return
Bunch of Fantasyland permits today for Barton Malow, but these appear to just be renewals of existing permits.

It appears that the originals all expired on 12/27/2011. These new ones don't have expiration dates on them.

Odd that you'd have to tell the County you're working on the same project...twice.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lot of interesting permits today...

Buena Vista Construction permits for Epcot Norway, China, Germany, France, Mousegears and The Land.

Buena Vista Construction permits for AK Asia, Africa, and Baobob Tree.

Permit for Kilamanjaro Safari which appears to be for the new Zebra area that was recently announced.

Two permits for Fantasyland, one of which is for Seven Dwarf Mine Ride Ride Column Steel.

ann0d

I have a dumb question, When they apply for these permits does that mean the work is being done shortly, or is there a timeline? :shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have a dumb question, When they apply for these permits does that mean the work is being done shortly, or is there a timeline? :shrug:
Typically the work will occur in short order but some permits can be for work that will not take place for a year or more.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm not disagreeing with you by any means so please don't think that. It seems that if they are adding FP to "minor" attractions at EPCOT, it seems like they would leave them at a "same level" attraction in MK. Just a thought.

Totally a guess on my part. They are trying to even out the number of fast pass opportunities at each of the parks so when the next gen plan your attraction viewing 6 months out hits, if you are wanting say a FP for Soarin between 1 and 2 and its not available, you will likely be prompted with, "but there is a FP available at Turtle Talk with Crush for the same time", etc., etc.

tracyandalex

I know this isn't the most exciting permit out there, but beginning April 9th I believe, work will be being done on Stormalong Bay. We are staying at Yacht Club starting on the 18th and we received a letter in the mail telling us it will be closed and that if we need a water slide we can use the one at Boardwalk. :cry: The letter stated that Stormalong will be reopening in late April, so I'm guess this is just normal maintenance and nothing major.

Tom

Beta Return
An update on all the "queue work" permits...

After being in several queues this week, I've determined that the queue modifications were relocating the posts that form the queues. There are filled in holes all over the place where they used to be. Looks like they're making the queues wider, likely so wheelchairs can navigate the standard queues.

Evan's Servants

It appears that the originals all expired on 12/27/2011. These new ones don't have expiration dates on them.

Odd that you'd have to tell the County you're working on the same project...twice.

Not really - it's all about the money. If the permit was issued with an expiration date, then the county is happy to take another permit fee when the first one expires. While I'm certainly no expert on Florida permits, in my city a permit is valid as long as progress is being made on the project. Clearly that definition of progress is open to interpretation ... By that same token, when taking out a garage permit it was hinted that I shouldn't ask for a demo and build new permits, but rather ask for a renovation permit. I was told that as long as I recycled at least one 2 x 4, it was a renovation and would cost me far less in permit fees.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not really - it's all about the money. If the permit was issued with an expiration date, then the county is happy to take another permit fee when the first one expires. While I'm certainly no expert on Florida permits, in my city a permit is valid as long as progress is being made on the project. Clearly that definition of progress is open to interpretation ... By that same token, when taking out a garage permit it was hinted that I shouldn't ask for a demo and build new permits, but rather ask for a renovation permit. I was told that as long as I recycled at least one 2 x 4, it was a renovation and would cost me far less in permit fees.
The definition of a remodel varies quite a bit from county to county and state to state but one thing that is fairly consistent is remodels cost less in permitting and legal fees. The big savings that you run into, especially in commercial construction, is in impact fees. For commercial construction salvaging an 8' section of wall can save 6 figures in impact fees alone.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Couple interesting permits from the last few days..

Permit for Princess Fairytale Hall. Whiting Turner is the contractor:

1396A Magic Kingdom Dr - Magic Kingdom Princess Fairytale Hall

Permit for Agent P Main Marquee on the Odyssey Bridge:

Odyssey Bridge - EPCOT Odyssey Bridge - "Agent P" Main Marguee

Also two from Buena Vista Construction for Animal Kingdom. Don't know what these addresses are but I did find that Yak and Yeti is 775 Werikhe Way. I can't find any reference to Jakata Road.

Ak Bldg 36, 797 Werikhe Way Bay Lake - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
Ak Bldg 3a 907 Jakata Road Bay Lake - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

Tom

Beta Return
Couple interesting permits from the last few days..

Permit for Princess Fairytale Hall. Whiting Turner is the contractor:

1396A Magic Kingdom Dr - Magic Kingdom Princess Fairytale Hall

Permit for Agent P Main Marquee on the Odyssey Bridge:

Odyssey Bridge - EPCOT Odyssey Bridge - "Agent P" Main Marguee

Also two from Buena Vista Construction for Animal Kingdom. Don't know what these addresses are but I did find that Yak and Yeti is 775 Werikhe Way. I can't find any reference to Jakata Road.

Ak Bldg 36, 797 Werikhe Way Bay Lake - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
Ak Bldg 3a 907 Jakata Road Bay Lake - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

They filed for Princess Hall early. SWSA doesn't close till the end of May.

So, will Agent P be HQ'd at the Odyssey now?

I used to find that AK has more backstage buildings than onstage. Those could just be storage sheds, animal houses, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom