WDW Permits Part 5

Tom

Beta Return
Couple permits for Buena Vista Construction today.

This one's for Stitch:

Stitch - Provide Labor, materials and/or equipment for construction

Second one for something called "MK Lift Station" on Seven Seas Drive. Anyone know what this is?

Disney Mk Lift Station 1770 Seven Seas Drive - Provide Labor, materials and/or equipment for construction

A lift station is an underground pit that grinds up sewage and pumps it into another sewer line. Not as exciting as it sounds :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Another batch of "queue modifications" today for Rock-N-Roller Coaster, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Maelstrom, The Land, Soarin, and Kilimanjaro Safari.

Tom

Beta Return
Another batch of "queue modifications" today for Rock-N-Roller Coaster, Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, Maelstrom, The Land, Soarin, and Kilimanjaro Safari.

Would be nice if someone who frequents often could report back on anything they see that's different.

IlikeDW

http://crowncastle.com/das/index.aspx

Looks like they are ramping up cell coverage in addition to the WI-FI, I wonder which carriers? We have a DAS from a different vendor in our hospital and pipe in Verizon and AT&T. We provided the DAS and they provided all of the hardware to connect to their networks. The DAS is not cheap so if they are doing this everywhere on property I know where a chunk of the 1 billion went. I have heard unconfirmed stories where the carriers will pay for access to your DAS if are bringing service to enough customers that would not have had it otherwise.

Edit:
that's a leap on my part assuming cell coverage, they can also pump other signals/frequencies on the DAS (we do) so it could be a proprietary system or both. That's the nice thing about DAS is you can run multiple signals on one antenna system as long as it is engineered for it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
http://crowncastle.com/das/index.aspx

Looks like they are ramping up cell coverage in addition to the WI-FI, I wonder which carriers? We have a DAS from a different vendor in our hospital and pipe in Verizon and AT&T. We provided the DAS and they provided all of the hardware to connect to their networks. The DAS is not cheap so if they are doing this everywhere on property I know where a chunk of the 1 billion went. I have heard unconfirmed stories where the carriers will pay for access to your DAS if are bringing service to enough customers that would not have had it otherwise.

Edit:
that's a leap on my part assuming cell coverage, they can also pump other signals/frequencies on the DAS (we do) so it could be a proprietary system or both. That's the nice thing about DAS is you can run multiple signals on one antenna system as long as it is engineered for it.

How good/bad is cell phone coverage on property now?

Dan

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I actually think that would a good thing. Don't want people on thier phones during a ride!

Dan
Part of me agrees but as someone that tends to travel with a pack getting that "Meet us here in 20 minutes" text an hour late can be a bit of a pain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom