WDW Permits Part 5

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting one today:

1394 Magic Kingdom Dr (Dumbo) - 2011-8 Showset Package 1

by a company called Adirondack Scenic. The location is the address of the old Dumbo so my only guess is that this is for the installation of the rest of the castle wall.

Dan

This seems most logical, but it doesn't seem right that they'd file a separate permit for more of the same thing. They only filed a few permits, in general, for FLE...and none of them were specific to anything.

Makes me wonder if this is for something new, or outside the original scope of work.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I see from their website that they have done some work for Universal, but do you know if they have done any work for Disney in the past?

jme

Quick search of the boards turned up a permit with them as contractor for what was assumed to be show installation for the Little Mermaid ride.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=4450210&highlight=Adirondack#post4450210

Two posts after the one you linked also shows them as the contractor for the Be Our Guest - Restaurant Showset. I guess they were pretty much tapped for fabricating some of the larger show pieces based on the sort of things they have on their sites portfolio (Krusty's Head and Dueling Dragons statues at Uni)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tom

Beta Return
Another Fantasyland related permit today:

MK Fantasyland Props, 1308 Magic Kingdom Dr - Provide Labor, materials and/or equipment for construction

I am hoping Edward can shed some light on this address. In the address list he gave me it's listed as "Resturant (Lumiere's)", but the other address close to it is 1300 which is the Toontown Train Station. I am wondering if this might be the water play area that is going to be next to the train station.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Peter Pan queue.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A bunch more permits today for "Queue Modifications" to Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, American Idol Experience, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and The Living Seas. Contractors are Vanson Enterprises Inc and Albritton Williams, Inc.

RSoxNo1

A bunch more permits today for "Queue Modifications" to Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, American Idol Experience, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and The Living Seas. Contractors are Vanson Enterprises Inc and Albritton Williams, Inc.

Well, this probably isn't Fastpass related. I can't imagine them putting Fastpass on AIE, perhaps general maintenance?

Tom

Beta Return

Well, this probably isn't Fastpass related. I can't imagine them putting Fastpass on AIE, perhaps general maintenance?

I agree....Star Tours is brand new. This is probably some sort of global implementation of something. New/repaired railings? Something to accommodate new ADA regulations? Water misters? Wait time card readers? It could be almost anything.

RSoxNo1

I agree....Star Tours is brand new. This is probably some sort of global implementation of something. New/repaired railings? Something to accommodate new ADA regulations? Water misters? Wait time card readers? It could be almost anything.

My co-host got impaled by a Star Tours railing earlier this month - perhaps they have other deadly railings in these queues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom