1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

WDW Permits 2017

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by danlb_2000, Jan 1, 2017.

1. ProtoProto

ProtoProto Member

Dont let the low voltage electrical stuff distract you from the fact that Ellen uses a huge brick phone in the Universe of Energy ride

2. Herah

Herah Member

I keep seeing people say this...look, kids, that is not a brick cellphone. In 1996 we (Americans, at least) did not sit in our living rooms and chat on cellphones. The signal wasn't good enough indoors, minutes were expensive, and the landline was right there. That's a cordless handset.

rdoncsecz, punkabella, smp2k6 and 3 others like this.
  3. ProtoProto

ProtoProto Member

It's that same brick phone that Zack Morris uses in Saved By The Bell and you know it!

4. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Original Poster Premium Member

Brazil pavilion at Epcot confirmed.....

upload_2017-4-13_17-26-23.png

... well not really. There were a bunch of permits today that must be related to the Food and Wine kiosks.

becca_, rdoncsecz, El_Tomato and 11 others like this.
  5. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

That wasn't a cell phone that was a landline phone with remote capabilities as long as you were less then 50 feet away from the base. So just a house phone with no cord attached. In it's time it was an amazing thing. You could walk around your house without being attached to anything.

PorterRedkey and TiggerDad like this.
  6. Herah

Herah Member

I'm not actually familiar with that show. But brick phones were 80s, not 90s. My 1996 cellphone (with the bad reception indoors and the ridiculous per-minute charge) was a StarTAC flip phone. It wouldn't make any sense for Ellen to have a 10-year-old DynaTAC.

I can't find an online image of Ellen's phone. But when I first saw it in 1997, it never occurred to me that it was anything but a cordless landline handset. Cell phones didn't look like that or work like that.

lifeguard1020 and whitney37354 like this.
  7. Cesar R M

Cesar R M Well-Known Member

awesome!!
    More food kiosks! D:

I wonder if in 10 years Worldshowcase will look like a popular market in Mexico or India where theres hardly space to walk because vendors are everywhere.

8. Bolt

Bolt Well-Known Member

Not more - Brazil already is a kiosk.

9. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Original Poster Premium Member

Correct, all the permits are for existing kiosks and all have roughly the same address so I assume they are working on them backstage.