WDW Permits 2016

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today for a new R C I D Technical Services Facility in the location shown below. Nothing to exciting but I like to post it because inevitably someone will spot the construction and conclude that it is the start of a 5th gate. ;)

upload_2016-6-24_10-3-27.png

JoeCamel

A permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management District today for a new R C I D Technical Services Facility in the location shown below. Nothing to exciting but I like to post it because inevitably someone will spot the construction and conclude that it is the start of a 5th gate. ;)

View attachment 147757

That should be an interesting building site. At least the grass should be really green.

Tom

Beta Return

View attachment 147757

Nice work being proactive!

That should be an interesting building site. At least the grass should be really green.

Looks almost like part of a golf course.

JaxFLBear

Although room refurbs at Saratoga are definitely in need.
The rooms at SSR received a soft goods refurbishment back in 2012. Based on DVCs new refurbishment time frames, it will at least 3 years before another refurbishment is done. New refurbishment time frames (as announced at the condo meeting this past Dec) are Soft Goods at 7 years and then a Hard Goods 7 years after that. The cycle will then repeat.

Katie G

View attachment 147757

That pic must be a little out of date, because the area you circled is the location of the current Cast Connection/Property Control parking lot.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That pic must be a little out of date, because the area you circled is the location of the current Cast Connection/Property Control parking lot.

Are you sure? That picture was taken in March of this year. I though Cast Connection/Property control were in the North Service area?

JoeCamel

Katie G

Are you sure? That picture was taken in March of this year. I though Cast Connection/Property control were in the North Service area?

Cast Connection was moved to this building right off of Bear Island Road, across Western Way from the Tree Farm/Nursery. You can smell the recycling from the parking lot when the wind blows the wrong way.

The new building site may be with the other grouping of buildings since those in the top right are behind a security gate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Cast Connection was moved to this building right off of Bear Island Road, across Western Way from the Tree Farm/Nursery. You can smell the recycling from the parking lot when the wind blows the wrong way.

The new building site may be with the other grouping of buildings since those in the top right are behind a security gate.

That's right, I forgot that stuff moved when they re-worked the cast parking lot off of Reams road. There is a small parking lot in the area I showed that won't be effected. Here is how the area will end up looking...

upload_2016-6-28_16-32-37.png

Disone

View attachment 147757
I am confused, that picture is not the most up to date. The red circle is now the parking lot for the new Property Control for cast members. To the immediately left of that circle would be the new property control.

Nvm.... just saw your clarification.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am confused, that picture is not the most up to date. The red circle is now the parking lot for the new Property Control for cast members. To the immediately left of that circle would be the new property control.

As I said, it's the most recent image I could find, it's from March. Either way, that area is now slated to become a new building and a retention pond.

Katie G

There were permits filed today by Buena Vista Construction for pretty much every resort. As usual BVCC permits don't tell what the work is, but if I had to guess I would say this is fences around bodies of water.

I think its for pool fences since the waterway fences are already up. Most of the resort pools don't have fences though.

Rteetz

There were permits filed today by Buena Vista Construction for pretty much every resort. As usual BVCC permits don't tell what the work is, but if I had to guess I would say this is fences around bodies of water.
The fence that was on the GF beach was removed today. Crews still seem to be onsite according to reports so they could be putting in a new permanent fence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom