WDW Permits 2016

RSoxNo1

Interesting permit for Magic Kingdom today for Façade Improvements on Main Street. The addresses in the permit, along with what I have them as are...

1355 Monorail Way - Plaza Pavillion
1365 Monorail Way - MO7
1375 Monorail Way - MO5
1200 Market Street -

MO5 and MO7 are the two buildings on the right side of Main Street when facing the castle. I assume Market Street is the small street between the two buildings. What's interesting is that contractor is H O A R Construction, one of Disney big contractors, and the permit also lists HHCP as the architect which is a big firm that did the American Adventure pavilion and is currently doing the Pizza Planet refurb. With these companies involved this would seem to be more then just a simple re-paint. Permit expires at the end of 2016 so it can't be anything to huge.

1355, 1365, 1375 Monorail Way, 1200 Market Street - MK Facade Improvements
They're replacing Main Street with a Guardians of the Galaxy inspired dance party.

Creathir

That's actually a good thought, the bypass does go behind these buildings.
I know if it was up to me, I would cut through the small wall connecting these two buildings, and improve their backside completely.

Open the bypass up to a more permanent street of Main Street...

Second Street or Fairy Lane...

Kill off the employee parking back there and drop another restaurant or specialty shops... Would become quite the nice little area, and at night serve as further shopping destinations during closing...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know if it was up to me, I would cut through the small wall connecting these two buildings, and improve their backside completely.

Open the bypass up to a more permanent street of Main Street...

Second Street or Fairy Lane...

Kill off the employee parking back there and drop another restaurant or specialty shops... Would become quite the nice little area, and at night serve as further shopping destinations during closing...

Although this sounds like a nice idea, it would defeat the purpose of the bypass.

Next Big Thing

Although this sounds like a nice idea, it would defeat the purpose of the bypass.
Well, what he's getting at is an arcade type of area like DLP.. more permanent.

Problem is, that area is a huge area for CMs backstage moving things around and such. The biggest issue being all the food products that have to get to the bakery/starbucks/The Plaza/etc. Not to mention the utilidor access. It truthfully can never be much more than what it currently is without major reworking of backstage.

TTA94

I don't know if it could be a current plan, part of the Main Street facades refurb, or future plans but ever since they updated/added the led lighting towers in the hub I can't help but wonder if they plan to replace the Main Street roof top flood lights and the rest of the parade route lights?
What got me even more curious is they added light towers going up to the liberty square bridge...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a permit filed with the South Florida Water Management District for the expansion of the kennel in the South Service Area. This doesn't look publically accessible, anyone know what this is used for?

Capture.JPG

mm-engineer

There was a permit filed with the South Florida Water Management District for the expansion of the kennel in the South Service Area. This doesn't look publically accessible, anyone know what this is used for?

View attachment 136307
This is Security's dog area I believe. It's next to the waste water treatment plant. Security does have trained dogs that can detect "contraband" I've witnessed training at 3 am in essentially empty office buildings by Security.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This is Security's dog area I believe. It's next to the waste water treatment plant. Security does have trained dogs that can detect "contraband" I've witnessed training at 3 am in essentially empty office buildings by Security.

With the recent increase in security concerns I guess it's not surprising that they are expanding the facility.

mm-engineer

With the recent increase in security concerns I guess it's not surprising that they are expanding the facility.
They had an agility course set up near the softball field and contractor's row years ago. Occasionally I'd see folks out there putting German Shepards through the paces. Don't think it's there anymore. They may have moved it over by the kennels.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They had an agility course set up near the softball field and contractor's row years ago. Occasionally I'd see folks out there putting German Shepards through the paces. Don't think it's there anymore. They may have moved it over by the kennels.

I just noticed these vehicles parked near the kennel. Looking at Google Earth they have been parked like this since at least 2004. Wonder if these are used for training?

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom