WDW Permits 2016

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
East Gate is a CM term of a backstage area near the restrooms of Spaceship Earth, I believe.

The permit is for this structure...

upload_2016-7-19_9-52-4.png

roj2323

From the permit, it has nothing to do with the bathrooms at the end either.
I worked in that building so I can give you a general idea of what's there.

There's a break room and the servers for the Main entrance magic band reader system are in there. There's also a large meeting room (formerly guest relations or something- its the glassed in area on the guest side). There's also quite a bit of office space. The top triangle bit is Guest restrooms. There's also a second set of Cast restrooms (single stall) about where the pedestrian walkway is and south of that is all stroller/wheelchair rentals. There's one other thing in this space but I don't feel comfortable sharing it and it accounts for a 10x20 room roughly.

The cast restrooms were remodeled a few years ago but the rest of the cast space is really worn out so I generally think it's a refresh/remodel as there was some talk of reorganizing the office space and the break room in particular was in really really rough shape 2 years ago.

Rteetz

@danlb_2000 someone on the dis posted a permit was filed for Rockin Rollercoaster that expires in July 2017. Is this permit anything major? I haven't seen anything about that ride having a refurb anytime soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@danlb_2000 someone on the dis posted a permit was filed for Rockin Rollercoaster that expires in July 2017. Is this permit anything major? I haven't seen anything about that ride having a refurb anytime soon.

The permit does not have a July 2017 expiration, the expiration date is left blank so it default to one year, but this normally means that it's a very short duration, and considering that this is BVCC it's probably something minor.

Variable

I'm kind of mystified they need permits to set up kiosks. After so many years, isn't a lot of this sort of plug and play?

I haven't paid that much attention to their connections, too busy eating. Do they have to lay out temporary utils for these every year?

My visual is more like an RV park, with hook ups scattered around and accessible. China? Set it here, pop that cover, connect.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I'm kind of mystified they need permits to set up kiosks. After so many years, isn't a lot of this sort of plug and play?

I haven't paid that much attention to their connections, too busy eating. Do they have to lay out temporary utils for these every year?

My visual is more like an RV park, with hook ups scattered around and accessible. China? Set it here, pop that cover, connect.
There are pop up boxes around the lagoon that are easy to see.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

They don't need them for all the kiosks. I think as long as it's something free standing that can just be brought out an dropped in place, a permit is not needed. Looking at last year's permits they were for things like the pennants that hung over the seating area for Brazil, the wine and cheese pergola, and in a lot of cases, signage. These are things that are not free standing and actually have to be "installed"

Variable

They don't need them for all the kiosks. I think as long as it's something free standing that can just be brought out an dropped in place, a permit is not needed. Looking at last year's permits they were for things like the pennants that hung over the seating area for Brazil, the wine and cheese pergola, and in a lot of cases, signage. These are things that are not free standing and actually have to be "installed"

Ah I see. Its very illuminating to see the level of permitting needed to do the simplest things.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
They don't need them for all the kiosks. I think as long as it's something free standing that can just be brought out an dropped in place, a permit is not needed. Looking at last year's permits they were for things like the pennants that hung over the seating area for Brazil, the wine and cheese pergola, and in a lot of cases, signage. These are things that are not free standing and actually have to be "installed"[/QUOTE
[/URL]

Speaking of pennants and pergola's, here are the ones for this year...

1790 Avenue of the Stars - Epcot F&W Pennants
1990 Avenue of the Stars - Epcot F&W Pergolas

Next Big Thing

There was a permit today for a Remodel of the West Side Starbucks at Disney Springs. This location isn't that old is it?

1499 E Buena Vista Dr West Side D51 - Starbucks Remodel
Only about 2 years old. Although it is a "Starbucks Reserve" location, which means it's meant as a showcase location and is owned by the company. Maybe they just want to change the design slightly since it's a showcase location?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom