WDW Permits 2015

Progress.City

@danlb_2000 Imagine one day saying a bunch of new permits plainly titled "Star Wars Land", "Cars Land", "Toy Story Playground", "Fifth Gate - Disney's Mysterious Adventure", "Orange Rail - Property Wide", and everything ever rumored to get built.

One can dream. But why does it feel that just one of these permits seeing the light of day is more fantasy and fiction than the possibility of ever seeing Star Wars Episode X?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
@danlb_2000 Imagine one day saying a bunch of new permits plainly titled "Star Wars Land", "Cars Land", "Toy Story Playground", "Fifth Gate - Disney's Mysterious Adventure", "Orange Rail - Property Wide", and everything ever rumored to get built.

One can dream. But why does it feel that just one of these permits seeing the light of day is more fantasy and fiction than the possibility of ever seeing Star Wars Episode X?

When I took over the permit duties from @Tom he told me I would have the privilege of posting about the first Avatar permits. It took a lot longer then we expected but it did eventually happen.

EdC

If I were @danlb_2000 , I'd enjoy laughing at the social news sites like inquisitr.com quoting forum posts in their articles. :hilarious:

MagicHappens1971

For MSUSA, do they always change the facade when the put it under construction? And if it's the emporium, isn't the edge of that building sorta on a curve, won't they have to close that entrance? I could be wrong, just wondering

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's been pretty quiet on the permit front recently, but there were a few interesting ones today.

Mechanical permit for 22 different buildings backstage at AK. They appear to all be around Kilimanjaro Safari.

AP-08, Ap-10, AP-11, AP-13, AP-14, AP-16, AP-17, AP-18, AP-20, AP-22, AP-25, AP-31, AP-32, AP-24, AP-33, AP-36, AP-38, AP-39, AP-40 (Conservation Station), AP-41 (conservation station), AP-53,AP-60 , AP-71 - Mechnical

Looks like Coronado Springs is the next resort to get room rehabs.

Building #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6A, #6B, #7A, #7B, #8A, #8B, #9A, #9B - Room Rehab

Some construction at Rivers of America.

Rivers of America - Construction

Clamman73

No permits today. I guess once Disney saw the TEA numbers they decided that nothing else needs to be done to the parks to keep attendance up. ;)
mlfw7506-BD_DUM_TSS.jpg

Shaman

Wow, I stayed at Coronado recently and the place looked great, surprised there's a rehab on the way. I think I recall an emptied fountain though.

MGMBoy

Anything labeled AP-## should be an Animal Programs building. AP-14 (page 6) is the Elephant barn, AP-16 (page 7) is the White Rhino barn (both visible from the WLE train). Possibly changes to the gates and such related to the night safaris?

MGMBoy

Here are a few more: AP-10 is Giraffes, AP-11 is Mandrills, AP-18 is Lions and AP-25 services North Savannah (the area visible to the left as you to over the tilting bridge). Page 11 is the back segment of the "Pride Rock" lion area, page 13 is the Siamang temple in Asia (northern pond closer to Kali entrance), page 14 is the temple ruins in the southern pond and page 15 is the Shipping/Receiving building right next to AP-25 (SW corner of Savannah Circle & Conservation Way). Will keep pouring over to see if I can decode any others.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Anything labeled AP-## should be an Animal Programs building. AP-14 (page 6) is the Elephant barn, AP-16 (page 7) is the White Rhino barn (both visible from the WLE train). Possibly changes to the gates and such related to the night safaris?

Based on the contractor it's some sort of HVAC work.

FlaMel

Interesting. Considering how open these buildings are for the most part, I kind of wonder what kind of HVAC work could be going on.
Heating
Ventilation
Air
Conditioning
Even though the building may largely be open air, they would need heat and ventilation. Any food storage or office spaces within would require the same plus possibly the AC too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom