WDW Permits 2014

flyerjab

As was discussed a few days ago, they are building a new path between Africa and Asia, this will be a theme element in that area. It is believed that there will probably be some sort of shops or restaurants back there.

Great, and thanks for the info. It is starting to get challenging keeping up with everything that is going on or rumored to be going on at the parks.

RSoxNo1

As was discussed a few days ago, they are building a new path between Africa and Asia, this will be a theme element in that area. It is believed that there will probably be some sort of shops or restaurants back there.
799 W. Savannah Circle would put this closer to the new Lion King theater (803 W Savannah Circle). I'm not sure this is related to the Train Station to Tamu Tamu path.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure it has been asked but does anyone know permit completion date for the MK Hub? My wife and I want to go for our anniversary next May... I'm hoping it's not still under construction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
799 W. Savannah Circle would put this closer to the new Lion King theater (803 W Savannah Circle). I'm not sure this is related to the Train Station to Tamu Tamu path.

It's been a challenge to decipher all the new address in that area. They have introduced a bunch that I didn't have a record of.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This permit was filed today for the Great Movie Ride. Contractor is Icarus Exhibits who has done some work for Disney in the past. I am wonder what this is going to be.

Great Movie Ride Show - Great Movie Ride Show Set Install

Also some refurb at Magic Kingdom, new roof on Pinocchio's Village Haus, and some facade repairs in Adventureland and Main street:

PVH Wood e Roof Replacement Phase 1 - General Construction
MO-5 Facades 6-9 Uptown Jewelers - Exterior Renovation
Adventureland Veranda Facades 42-49 - Exterior Renovation

WDWFantasmicFan

Could it be changing one of the 2 'scenes'?? This would not require a whole ride shutdown, but would reduce its capacity? I doubt it - but is it a possibility?

PhilharMagician

Could it be changing one of the 2 'scenes'?? This would not require a whole ride shutdown, but would reduce its capacity? I doubt it - but is it a possibility?

2 scenes? There are like 8 scenes throughout the ride and none of them can be bypassed.

Hopefully the mob car get fixed and new headlight bulbs. That would be new for me since I haven't been lucky enough to see it working in probably 5 years. :confused:

WDWFantasmicFan

2 scenes? There are like 8 scenes throughout the ride and none of them can be bypassed.

Hopefully the mob car get fixed and new headlight bulbs. That would be new for me since I haven't been lucky enough to see it working in probably 5 years. :confused:
Yes - I know there is more than 2 scenes in the ride. But I was always under the illusion that either the Gangster or Western scene could be bypassed? Am I incorrect?

PhilharMagician

Bypassed in the sense that the scene isn't used for the CM switch, yes. Bypassed in the sense that you can drive around it, no

There is only one way through all of the scenes and all of the vehicles follow behind on another. There is no going around any of the scenes, only diving straight through them without stopping. The lead car passes through the Western scene and heads into the Gangster area where the CM's proceed to do the gangster themed show. The second car stops in the western scene and the where the CM's perform the Western themed show. The cars all come back together in the final room where the movie clips are shown. I believe this is the only place in the entire ride that the cars do not follow back to back and they align side by side here so they can all fit in one area.

So the answer is no. They cannot shut down part of the ride without effecting all of it.

OK, But if I'm not mistaken (haven't been on it for a while) you only go through either the western or gangster CM switch scene during the ride? Correct?

You always go through both scenes. Depending on where you sit will be the factor in which show you see. You are correct in the sense that you will not see both shows (CM switch) on your ride.

WDWFantasmicFan

There is only one way through all of the scenes and all of the vehicles follow behind on another. There is no going around any of the scenes, only diving straight through them without stopping. The lead car passes through the Western scene and heads into the Gangster area where the CM's proceed to do the gangster themed show. The second car stops in the western scene and the where the CM's perform the Western themed show. The cars all come back together in the final room where the movie clips are shown. I believe this is the only place in the entire ride that the cars do not follow back to back and they align side by side here so they can all fit in one area.

So the answer is no. They cannot shut down part of the ride without effecting all of it.

You always go through both scenes. Depending on where you sit will be the factor in which show you see. You are correct in the sense that you will not see both shows (CM switch) on your ride.
OK - Thank you for clearing that up. I clearly wasn't paying attention when I last rode it, as I didn't notice going through the other scene! haha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom