WDW music

mweier

I have my own good-sized playlist of Disney Park music and so forth. Lately I've been listening a lot to the Tomorrowland Music Loop, Soarin, or the Future World Music Loop.

Ditto.

I have an instrumental only playlist for when I'm working too... Love Adventureland loop and potc queue loop...

mweier

For that daily dose of Happy Disney Music, may I recommend Sorcerer Radio, available through Live 365 or at srsounds.com? It plays attraction music, and my favorites, all the ambient music you would hear at all the parks, and even at the resorts.

There's also an app for sorcerer radio. Mouseworld Radio is also quite good app/web station

RScottyL

I listen to:

(1) Tomorrowland Music Loop & Tokyo Tomorrowland Music loop

(2) Star Tunnel from Space Mountain

(3) Main Street Electrical parade

tigger1968

I love just about all of the ambient music from the parks and resorts.

Some favorites:
The Entrance Medley for Epcot (there are a few different versions)
Any of the music from Animal Kingdom Lodge
Ambient music from The Living Seas
Illuminations
Haunted Mansion ride through

A few others have mentioned Sorcerer Radio and Mouse World Radio. I have the Live365 app and love it. Free to download and join, and there are several Disney stations. I listen to Mouse World Radio, Sorcerer Radio, and Mouse House Radio daily. Great stuff.

Every night, Mouse World and Sorcerer Radio play the closing shows from each of the parks, which I love hearing. If I recall it right (and I may not be), Mouse World plays their set at the times the shows typically go off at WDW, but Sorcerer Radio does them at the same time nightly, not in order of real time. It's great to hear Illuminations, MSEP, Fantasmic, and even Spectromagic every night. Mouse World even plays the 30 minutes of pre show music (the older version, not the current version) for Illuminations. It's so cool to listen to.

BUT, one of the coolest things I have found it that on Sorcerer Radio, after they play all the closing shows from the parks, they move into a "quiet time" and play softer or more mellow music from the parks and such. You get to hear a lot of background music from the resorts in particular. I find it to be really interesting as well as relaxing to listen to. I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Michael Shiels

For that daily dose of Happy Disney Music, may I recommend Sorcerer Radio, available through Live 365 or at srsounds.com? It plays attraction music, and my favorites, all the ambient music you would hear at all the parks, and even at the resorts.

Aye, Sorcerer Radio is a great way to feel connected to WDW and all the resorts!

Communicore

For me, the 2005 soundtrack is the best since it has the retro stuff from EPCOT Center! I also have a playlist with all the songs from the Tomorrowland loop (1994 New Tomorrowland era) and the Animal Kingdom album is also great tolisten to as it makes me fall asleep (well, except for Diggin' In Dinoland) lol

TB4244

I've taken to listening to Mouseworld, Magical Mouse Radio and Mouse Junkies whilst at work (cue me grinning like a loon while a favourite track or ride audio is played). I flick between them on live365 as generally there's a lot of repetition but I prefer it to either silence or the rubbish on the radio.

I can almost see the rides just from listening to the audio, and in some cases like the Spaceship Earth track, I can smell it too. Not in a bad way like the monorails, more like the burning smell in Rome. Does this happen to anyone else?

eeyoremum

I listen to Mouseworld radio at work everyday...cue laughing co-workers here. I also have the Jungle Criuse music both the dock elements and "Albert Awol" version on my iPod.

Anybody know if "Albert" is Matthew Broadrick? It sure sounds like him.

TB4244

I'm glad it's not just me. Because if I can't be there enjoying the parks I can listen to the radio and pretend I am.

Good question though, a google search didn't turn up any results. I imagine if it was Broderick, then they'd probably credit him.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I don't know if this has been discussed or has a thread already because I'm fairly new to this place, but I was wondering what your favorite type of Disney music would be. Could be a song here or a song there from your favorite Disney movies that you hear at the park. Could be the music you hear at your favorite WDW ride or attraction. Could be a type of music that reminds you of a Disney ride, etc.

For me it would have to be the music at the Star Tours ride (Huge Star Wars fan as well as Disney), Space Mountain, and the World Showcase Fireworks show at Epcot (Can't remember the name of it)

Any techno-sounding music. I'm honestly a dubstep/techno music fan (Skrillex... Owl City.. Don't judge!). Not full dubstep though, just that techno sound. So I for one love the area music that sounds techno around Epcot!

I also love the relaxing music that was around the WoL pavilion, and the Ellen's Energy Adventure theme song is very catchy to listen to in my opinion.

WDWoptmist

This is literally the hardest thing in Disney to choose a favorite of...even harder than a favorite restaurant :D but a few favorites would be the music in Soarin, Space Mountain, and the entrance to Epcot (ALL of Epcot's music is outstanding though).

MikeTaylorSound

I'd say the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of what Disney has to offer is the HORIZONS Exit Area Loop. It's the best 14 minutes, musically. Let me explain by what it has to offer (comparison in parenthesis):

You have the grand march sequence to start (Mickey Mouse March)
Soft trumpets and timpani (Spaceship Earth, new score opening)
A decrescendo into piano and strings (Cinderella Castle)
back into a short march that sounds very "John Williams" (Star Tours)
Another transition into piano and strings (David Arkenstone?)
Orchestral main melody of "Horizons"
A decrescendo into strings and bassoon (Pinocchio)
Flute solo (Imagination area music)
Extended strings and Trumpet (The Land)
Clarinet creepy part w/strings (Haunted Mansion)
Orchestral bridge (Cinderella Castle)
A decrescendo into bassoon solo (Enchanted Tales w/Belle)
Trumpet solo
Transitional section
March (EPCOT Entrance Loop)
Electric Keys w/delay (Space Mountain)
Strings that sing (Fantasyland)
Woodwinds (John Williams' "Somewhere in My Memory")
Keyboard arpeggio (Tomorrowland)
Flute and string (slow Monorail theme)
Back to main melody "Horizons"
Back and forth two part (If you had wings)
Ending (Spaceship Earth descent)

Bairstow

I prefer queue or area loops, especially those with a focus on a particular foreign culture or time period.
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Big Thunder Mountain, and some of the World Showcase countries are nice, but the Tower of Terror loop has them all beat.

This one's neat too- someone assembled a loop for Jungle Cruise with no radio DJ:

Bairstow

I love the drums as you walk into Adventureland. I was able to find most of the music on spotify. Balafon marimba ensemble. :)
The fun thing about their music is that you can often hear the same songs played at Adventureland, Sea World, and Busch Gardens.

Especially, "I Already Have a Husband."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom