WDW Magic Meetups?

erasure fan1

we have T-shirts and buttons and ohr cool stuff.
There are buttons and t-shirts available for purchase. I don't know where the link is, but I'm sure someone around here does!

EDIT: Nemo is on top of things. She beat me to the punch!
Yea I know. I was thinking more like a secret symbol like wearing a certain pin on your right shoulder or something like that. :)

Nemo14

See, the problem is that unlike DL, WDW is so big that you would have to plan to meet in a resort rather than a park, so people without park hoppers wouldn't have to plan their ADR's and FP's around meeting up. This takes away park time, which not everyone would want to do.

rufio

Original Poster
See, the problem is that unlike DL, WDW is so big that you would have to plan to meet in a resort rather than a park, so people without park hoppers wouldn't have to plan their ADR's and FP's around meeting up. This takes away park time, which not everyone would want to do.

I don't think so. I think you could just plan it at a park and if people want to go, they can go.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

That's why the "hook up" idea really caught on. That tends to happen in the evening.

In all seriousness, I have met people in the parks, but I've actually met more magicers outside of the parks. It does take planning for a meet up in WDW. @TwoTigersMom and I actually worked out things so that we would have meals together (entire families) on one trip. Worked out horribly. We hated each other (this is mostly a test to see if she ever reads the forums any more. I'm assuming she'd have to respond to the tagging and this comment). :lookaroun

Tiggerfanatic

I"d like to find someone to meet up with in Disneyland next year. Planning a trip to Japan, traveling alone to visit my daughter (probably next fall) and want to come back home with a couple day stop in California.

sweetpee_1993

The girls cruise thing is unofficial and we try to keep the "un" part prominent. Before ever going forward publicly with the girls cruise I contacted Steve, WDWMagic's owner and discussed it with him. We are UNofficial because the website and its owner have no hand in the organizing of the group. It's purely just friends new & old who got to know each other on this website. Over the past 18 months of planning, etc. I've kept Steve up to date on anything that could pertain to the website as a courtesy. I mean, this place is years of time and effort that he's put himself into. I so respect that. If I put years of time & effort into something I would definitely want to retain control over what & who represents me. Ya know? Kinda like how Disney doesn't want well-costumed guests representing them with other guests. So, for meet-ups that you want to do using WDWMagic's name I totally recommend contacting Steve ahead of time.

Meeting WDWMagic friends is fun! Sharing our common love is like finding our fellow ducks-in-water! ;)

rufio

Original Poster
The girls cruise thing is unofficial and we try to keep the "un" part prominent. Before ever going forward publicly with the girls cruise I contacted Steve, WDWMagic's owner and discussed it with him. We are UNofficial because the website and its owner have no hand in the organizing of the group. It's purely just friends new & old who got to know each other on this website. Over the past 18 months of planning, etc. I've kept Steve up to date on anything that could pertain to the website as a courtesy. I mean, this place is years of time and effort that he's put himself into. I so respect that. If I put years of time & effort into something I would definitely want to retain control over what & who represents me. Ya know? Kinda like how Disney doesn't want well-costumed guests representing them with other guests. So, for meet-ups that you want to do using WDWMagic's name I totally recommend contacting Steve ahead of time.

Meeting WDWMagic friends is fun! Sharing our common love is like finding our fellow ducks-in-water! ;)

Thanks! :) I just posted a thread in the "Help" forum so we'll see what happens. I have no problems keeping in unofficial, I just didn't know how to start. Maybe we should talk? ;)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We have tshirts for the girls cruise and on the front it says:

My name is Kelly
but you know me as
sweetpee_1993.

Fun! I thought it was better than a standard Hello. My name is... badge. Lol!

Where do we have these? I only saw the logo ones!? Have to have one of these...

sweetpee_1993

Thanks! :) I just posted a thread in the "Help" forum so we'll see what happens. I have no problems keeping in unofficial, I just didn't know how to start. Maybe we should talk? ;)
Sure! A standing meetup spot would be different and prob'ly not require much. Run whatever ideas you have by Steve and keep approaching it with him & his baby in mind. That's the best way to go. I love this site so much and respect the awesomeness that is here sooooooo much. I'm humbled that we're even bestowed with our UNofficialness. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom