WDW Magic Annual Holiday Banner Contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirNim

Originally posted by disnyfan89
sure I dont mind doubling my work
are you working with layers? If so, you can easily just add in the background I'm posting here and leave the rest of it as it is... :)

Also, be sure that you DO use layers with these... because the overall design has to be the same... only the backgrounds fluctuate between your two banners... :)

Here's Blue Daylight

Attachments

• bluedaylight.gif
    bluedaylight.gif
    311 bytes · Views: 125

SirNim

Originally posted by Maria
Gracias! I´ll see what I can do!

Suuuuuuuure Maria... keep dreaming! :lol: :lol:
:lol:

*morphs into motivational speaker*

"C'mon Maira. Transform your dreams into reality! We can do it! YOU can do it! Dreams do come true! You WILL make your masterpiece!"

*morphs back into his good ol' self*

What a winner that motivational speaker is... :rolleyes:

:lol:

*goes to Blockbuster and rents Me, Myself, and Irene*

ACE

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Here's my effort. Hope you all like.:)

Don't take this wrong, I really like your entry, but I thought we couldn't use Disney copyrighted images.

By the way, the entries so far are great but where are the HOLIDAY references. They all seem to be snowy scenes, but snow doesn't equal holidays for some of us. :lol:

Remember this is the "WDW Magic Annual Holiday Banner Contest". Let's see some holiday cheer.:sohappy:

Happy Holidays,
:wave: ACE

Maria

LOL Ace!

It doesn´t snow where I live! :lol: (It just gets cold enough for me... :D ) :animwink:

disnyfan89

"No Images from other Disney Official or UnOfficial Sites "

You can use them! just not from anyother site though!:xmas:

Gregory

Here we go :)

I don't know who much I like them... I may make a few changes...

I made another copy with falling snow, but there are already a number of ones like that... so I think I'll use a snowless one... :xmas:

[EDIT]: I hope this new one will work :) (With the snow, and slogan)

Daylight (I think thats what its called)

Attachments

• banner-light.gif
    banner-light.gif
    96.3 KB · Views: 176

Gregory

I'll edit this one if the one above it gets the OK :)

Evening Shades

Attachments

• banner-evening.png
    banner-evening.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 120

NowInc

Im workin on it!!

I'll even tell you what im working ON...since god knows if i'll meet the deadline (as usual)...

Fireplace...stockings....mmmm....animated. Its cooler than it sounds i swear!!

...it was either that or a Manora for my jewish friends :)

ACE

Originally posted by disnyfan89
"No Images from other Disney Official or UnOfficial Sites "

You can use them! just not from anyother site though!:xmas:

I just assumed that we couldn't use Disney characters because of copyright problems and I figured that would hold true for other Disney images. Especially park icons like the castle, SE, etc...

The entries so far are great but I want to see more Holiday in the holiday banner, not just snow.

:xmas: ACE

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by ACE
Don't take this wrong, I really like your entry, but I thought we couldn't use Disney copyrighted images.

I didn't use any Disney copyrighted anything. The pictures of the park icons are ones that I took myself, and the park icons themselves are not copyrighted. Disney DOES copyright pictures that they've taken of the icons, however, which is where the rule comes in. You wouldn't be able to go to Disney's website and grab a pic of the castle and use it.

;)

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by ACE
The entries so far are great but I want to see more Holiday in the holiday banner, not just snow.

:xmas: ACE

That's the other thing I wanted to address. You have to remember that, just as you said, "holiday" means something different to all of us. Saying "Christmas" banner would be a big mistake, because not everyone celebrates Christmas.

Things like snow are are what most associate with the December holiday season, some don't get snow, but that rings true for anything you could put in. Others may associate candles, fireplaces, stockings, etc. But not everyone burns candles, hangs stockings, or even HAVE fireplaces. Santa would be out, because he's not associated with everyone's holiday....and the list goes on.

So, what might you suggest for a banner with "more holiday" in it?:)

SirNim

Originally posted by Gregory
I may make a few changes...
You have to make a few changes! :lol:

You need to add in "An Unofficial [font=walt disney script v4.1]WaltDisney[/font]World Fan Site" ;)

Gregory

Originally posted by SirNim
You have to make a few changes! :lol:

You need to add in "An Unofficial [font=walt disney script v4.1]Walt Disney[/font]World Fan Site" ;)

You can't make me! No! I wont do it!

OK.. I give up... you win... I'll go make the changes ;)

Anyways, MSU- you said "Santa would be out, because he's not associated with everyone's holiday....and the list goes on. "

Does that mean we can't have Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom