wdw jasmine bus route???

FireChiefGoofy

As FireChiefGoofy is missing in action, I'll stick my nose where it doesn't belong. And if you saw my nose, that's easy to do.
Buses do not go back and forth to the same destination. Except in few instances, such as park to park buses, the CBR internal bus, and CM shuttles, there are no repetitive routes.
Upon returning to the bus hub, the next route is supposed to appear on the screen on the little black box next to the driver. That's why guests are not dropped off at the bus stop that they came from. That bus drops off at the load zone that they're going to next.
As for guests being nice, it's a myth that guests are rude. Nothing could be further from the truth. 99.9% or better of the guests get on the bus and get off the bus, that's it. The vast majority of riders, except for people on scooters, say thank you and there is hardly ever any rudeness from guests. It's not what people think.

Ok FireChiefGoofy, I'm done covering for you. Get your butt over here.

I'm back. I've been working late nights at Epcot and DTD. Thanks for covering me while I've been gone. You are 100% correct in all you say. Every guest I have transported this week has been very kind and 95% of them thank me for the ride. The hardest thing to deal with is when guests do not leave their resort early enough to get to their dining reservations on time. ATTENTION: Please give yourself at least 90 minutes to get to your dining reservation if using any mode of Disney transport. Contrary to popular belief, we don't know you have reservations. We get dispatched when their are people at a load zone. No set routes, we just go where we are needed. I was hubbed out of Epcot the other night and was sent to MK to help with demand. I show up for work, and go where the black box tells me to go.

I have also noticed that boys between 5 and 10 are fascinated with the buses. I usually give them the transportation trading cards (if they have multiple siblings, then everyone gets them).

I truly love my job and enjoy going out and meeting new guests everyday (night).

Figments Friend

Fabness. Thanks for checking in.

These *Transportation Trading Cards * you speak of....this is the first i have heard of them. Can you describe these? Sounds like another fun thing to add to the collection.

I remember some time ago the *Monorail Pilot * cards that used to be given out to kids who rode in the front cab, but do buses now have something similar?

cayz

Fabness. Thanks for checking in.

These *Transportation Trading Cards * you speak of....this is the first i have heard of them. Can you describe these? Sounds like another fun thing to add to the collection.

I remember some time ago the *Monorail Pilot * cards that used to be given out to kids who rode in the front cab, but do buses now have something similar?

Figment's Friend,

The Pilot Cards, if memory serves, was something that says "___(blank)____" is a honorary monorail pilot".
The Transportation Trading Cards was a set of 10 or so cards, each showing the different models of park transportation. There were 3 cards for the buses, 1 or 2 for the Monorails, 1 for each of the ferries, and maybe something else?

Next time you visit, and you are on a old bus (plaque in the front near the stairwell reads RTS), ask the driver why the bus is called an "Alien Bus". They'll look at you funny, smirk, and tell you a story.

If you are real good, you'll be able to tell the style of bus from either the front or back, how long it will take to load the bus, and whether or not a handicapped rider will take 2 minutes or 6 minutes to load / unload.

And yes, I love the buses. When I grow up and retire, I'm heading to Disney to drive buses all day, just like several of my previous co-workers have done.

James

Figments Friend

Thank you James for answering my question. I have one of the Monorail cards from some years back, when Guests were still allowed to ride in the front cab with the Pilot. I did not know until now that watercraft and the buses ALSO had something similar! That is a nice thing to learn about, as I enjoy collecting those little types of things while visiting.

I have a lot of experience riding buses, as i take a lot of public transportation where i live, so i know what you mean about spotting the older and newer models.
I know exactly what you are talking about when mentioning the older RTS buses. We have some running up in my neck of the woods so i know the design well.

Heh heh....i shall have to remember to ask about the *Alien Bus*....now you have me curious.

I love a good story..!

:)

The train in MK also gives them out (sometimes) when
1) you are in the very back of the train, and,
2) The conductor has the child give the "all aboard" call.

At least that's what we did when my son got his several years ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom