WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

notslim99

My family and I have always enjoyed the Hoop Dee Doo Review. We think the food is actually pretty good, not to mention the show is really entertaining and funny. Go for it - You won't be disappointed.
How would you compare the food there to Whispering Canyon? We're thinking of choosing Hoop Dee Doo over Whispering Canyon, but we love the food there.

OhareATC

How would you compare the food there to Whispering Canyon? We're thinking of choosing Hoop Dee Doo over Whispering Canyon, but we love the food there.

Honestly, the last time I was at Whispering Canyon, I was 7 years old. haha Anyways, my parents seemed to think that it was good, but for the price they prefer Hoop Dee Doo. If you go to Hoop Dee Doo, make sure to have someone in your party "stick out". They most certainly will get picked to go up on stage. When I was little, my Dad was picked. A little bit later he came out in a pink tutu - ha he's a big guy too. I'll never forget that and it's worth just a little bit more. The food, I think, is pretty similar. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

EvilQueen-T

While I'm happy disney had moved to include a little more diversity in their kids meals menus beyond pizza and chicken nuggets but I'm disappointed that they tend to offer a different protein but the exact same set up items on a menu making it hard to move kids away from the old standards because of them. A recent trip to Jiko left my granddaughter eating a good portion of my meal when her choices outside the pizza type stuff was one of several proteins but all served with grains aka brown rice, broccoli rob, and a slice of melon. This was her meal which she didn't enjoy and this is a kid who has a pretty adventurous and healthy palate (she made most of her meal out of our appetizer the grilled boar q/mealie pap and part of my short ribs).

jaklgreen

While I'm happy disney had moved to include a little more diversity in their kids meals menus beyond pizza and chicken nuggets but I'm disappointed that they tend to offer a different protein but the exact same set up items on a menu making it hard to move kids away from the old standards because of them. A recent trip to Jiko left my granddaughter eating a good portion of my meal when her choices outside the pizza type stuff was one of several proteins but all served with grains aka brown rice, broccoli rob, and a slice of melon. This was her meal which she didn't enjoy and this is a kid who has a pretty adventurous and healthy palate (she made most of her meal out of our appetizer the grilled boar q/mealie pap and part of my short ribs).

My kids eat whatever we eat at home, I do not make any special "kid" foods for them. So, when we go to WDW the kids just get a normal adult meal. When they were young they would split one adult meal. The servers are always very nice and would usually split the meal in the kitchen for them. I don't know when kids meals turned from smaller portions of regular food to the crap they serve them now. Another option for sharing is to share the protein and add an extra side of vegis.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

The meat looks almost nonexistent on that chop! It looks like all bone, was there anything substantial to it? It also doesn't look like an enjoyable meal at all.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

You can request the mac and cheese for the children's steak. That's what my kid gets every trip.

EvilQueen-T

The meat looks almost nonexistent on that chop! It looks like all bone, was there anything substantial to it? It also doesn't look like an enjoyable meal at all.

It was about 1/4 piece of a chicken breast and dry. So no, not an enjoyable meal. She ended up sharing my short ribs and I got her something else later on and she's a pretty adventurous eater and did her best but said the chicken was just ok, the fruit was supposed to be a mixed fruit cup but came out the melon which she doesn't like, and the grains were just sticky and bland. I tasted it and agreed. I'm lucky with her because she'll try about anything and this won't discourage her but if it had been my son I'd have been really hard pressed to ever get him to venture off the chicken nugget/pizza path again at that age.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It was about 1/4 piece of a chicken breast and dry. So no, not an enjoyable meal. She ended up sharing my short ribs and I got her something else later on and she's a pretty adventurous eater and did her best but said the chicken was just ok, the fruit was supposed to be a mixed fruit cup but came out the melon which she doesn't like, and the grains were just sticky and bland. I tasted it and agreed. I'm lucky with her because she'll try about anything and this won't discourage her but if it had been my son I'd have been really hard pressed to ever get him to venture off the chicken nugget/pizza path again at that age.

Wow, that was chicken?! I guess on a closer look it kind of looks like chicken. I totally thought it was a pork chop! LOL! :confused:

belledream

Animal Kingdom 229.JPG

Boma - dessert offerings

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom