WDW...Final Resting Place??

Dabeast

Original Poster
First let me say that I know this would never happen. This idea may seem a bit morbid, but I've read many post here, where people say they would like there ashes spread over Seven Sea Lagoon, or other locations around WDW. What if Disney came up with some type of "Final Resting Place" for those who would like to, well, spend eternity in WDW? They couldn't call it a cemetary, because that just sounds wrong for such a happy place. I would certainly tell my family to take me there when my time is up. Cemetaries are horribly sad places (which is why I don't see it happening) but if your relatives come to pay respects and get a little down, they can find solice in knowing that you really are spending your eternity in "The Happiest Place on Earth". What do you think? Imagineers have come up with a lot of great ideas. Maybe they can figure a way to pull this off, like putting it somewhere on property that it won't stand out? I admit, this is way out there, and I await the backlash, but from reading this site, I know I am not the only one who thought of this.

Spikerdink

One of my friends has stated she wants some of her ashes spread in the Magic Kingdom....but told us we would have to do it on the sly and not make a big production out of it.

Something tells me this has been done before, but no one is going to admit to it.....

woodardfamily

Something tells me this has been done before, but no one is going to admit to it.....

Agree...I am quite sure this has already been done...albeit very slyly. Getting caught spreading ashes in WDW would not be a pleasant experience I'm sure. Interestingly, there are no state laws governing the spreading ashes in the state of Florida, except to say that written permission from the land owner, park administration, etc.. must be obtained beforehand.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I already have plans for my final resting place but I would sign up in a second if Disney made the process official.

EaglesfanNJ

I'm unsure of the laws in FL on the state level, and of course which laws would be violated on the federal level, but the question you raise i'm sure has been thought of many times, especially Disney fanatics like us.

That being said, my daughter and son will be under strict instructions once that day comes. I will leave them enough $ to take their family on a trip, me in tow, and have me spread at the Magic Kingdom on the sly. No ceremony, no production, you take half over here, I'll take half over there, done.

I just have not decided on a spot where they could A) get away with it and B) a place where i'd want to spend eternity. My first thought would be over the side of a ferry boat

Lee

Adventurer
I'll be out in Seven Seas Lagoon.
I like that better than any official spot.

Coincidentally, I already have a dog eternally resting in the MK...:lookaroun

mergatroid

It would be nice to be packed into a firework and blasted up on an evening display of 'Wishes', they could even rename it 'Ashes' and charge for the service. Even better for one lucky person have tinkerbell scatter their ashes instead of pixie dust, although how folks would feel about someone's Grandma falling on them during the show is questionable :lookaroun

plaz10

I told my sister that if I am horribly disfigured in my death - to the point that an open casket would not be an option - i want to be cremated and then spread around EPCOT.

She said that she'd spread me around ala Shawshank Redemption by cutting holes in her jean pockets and shaking out a little at a time.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have left specific instructions for whomever handles my arrangements about exactly where I'd like to be "sprinkled." It'll have to be done on the sly, of course, but nothing would please me more than to be spread around different areas of my favorite place in the world.

MickeyPeace

It would be nice to be packed into a firework and blasted up on an evening display of 'Wishes', they could even rename it 'Ashes' and charge for the service. Even better for one lucky person have tinkerbell scatter their ashes instead of pixie dust, although how folks would feel about someone's Grandma falling on them during the show is questionable :lookaroun

Now this is funny. :lol:

I can just imagine speaking with a CM over the phone to arrange an 'Ashes'. "Would you like John exploded as a firework or should Tinkerbell scatter him in flight from the Castle? Have a magical day!".

Disney61

I am to be cremated and my ashes dumped into the man made Seven Seas Lagoon....There wont be any time for any formal ceremony with all the water patrol out there :ROFLOL:

I_heart_Tigger

I've always said I hope to be reincarnated as a duck and I'll just swim the moat around the castle - maybe head over to the Jungle Cruise for a change of scenery. I'll visit the Canadian Pavilion if I get homesick (there was a baby duck there last week).

That's the plan right now. I also have said that I wanted my headstone to say "Gone to Disney World" and that if Disney sues my family - oh well, sucks to be them, I'll be dead :lol:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I am still 20 so if the rapture doesnt come before My time I would have to choose between the world showcase or Rivers of America. But since I am filling my arteries with crap as we speak either weight will catch up with me or my arteries will be filled with wax. I am calculating a heart attack within the next 20- 40 years. Enough time to live and I will miss the chaos LOL. They can throw me in front of the Biergarten if still there :).

jlevis

That's the plan right now. I also have said that I wanted my headstone to say "Gone to Disney World" and that if Disney sues my family - oh well, sucks to be them, I'll be dead :lol:

Oh, I like that. You can put an insctiption on a military headstone or niche cover. My wife and I are going to be together in a niche and that would be perfect.

SyracuseOrange

This is EXACTLY what I want. If I can't have that, I'm still debating being packed into a firework somewhere else, or non-fireworks somewhere in WDW.

rufio

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I would love to have my ashes scattered at WDW, no matter how sneakily they get there. :ROFLOL: However, I would NOT want my ashes to be scattered in a ride. All I can think about is them cleaning the inside of the ride and my ashes getting cleaned up on someone's rag and washed or trashed. :dazzle: Eww.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom