WDW CP general questions

What's your experience with the Disney College Program?

• I have completed the DCP

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I am currently on my CP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't done it yet -But I am applying.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No experience

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

AllStarMovies

Original Poster
Hello all!

I have a handful of theoretical DCP related questions. If any past or present CPs could enlighten me, that would be amazing!

1) Does free admission to the Disney parks extend to Disneyland in the unlikely event that a CP finds themselves in California during their program? -And if so, are there discounts on resorts in DLR?

2) Does free admission include special event days? (ie could I go into the MK on Christmas or Halloween?) Assuming I had time off on either day..

3) I understand that Extra Magic Hours do not apply to CPs, is that correct?

4) I have been told that the free admission does not include the water parks, however do CPs get a discount on admission?

5) Lastly, what are the employee discounts available to CPs in regards to food and merchandise?

Sorry to bombard everyone with so many questions (several of which based upon impractical odds to begin with) but many thanks to any and all who took the time to read this over.

Domosuke

I've never done the DCP, I was just a part time CM. But I have good knowledge of these questions you asked.

1.Yes. Cast members get free admission to every single Disney Park, discounts on Disney resorts and hotels as well too.

A little foolish for you to ask do cast members who get sent to Disney here in Los Angeles area rather than Orlando get the same perks. Of course they do.

2.Afraid not. In addition there are blackout dates that cast members cannot come into the park for free, and they are usually holidays. Any special event like Halloween or Christmas is more than likely a blackout day. Even if the holiday yo want to attend wasn't a blackout date, some of these holidays require a separate admission anyways, so your free admission pass doesn't matter in the slightest and you would have to pay out of pocket, but you should be eligible for a discounted price.

3.Yes and no. EMH are exclusively used for guests who stay in the resorts and hotels as a way to thank them for booking a room on Disney grounds.

However, let's say your family/friends who are staying at an on site Disney resort wants to come and visit you whilst you are doing the DCP. You are allowed to go into EMH if you are with your family as you are with them.

4.I don't see why it shouldn't. Again, the only limitations is if the day you want to attend is a blackout date/special event/park buyout etc. Other than that, it is free for you as a cast member to enter into any Disney park, and that includes Animal Kingdom, Waterparks, California Adventure etc.

Cast members usually cannot enter into the park on special event days as guests, but they can get a discount rate.

5.Cast members receive a 20% discount on in park merchandise. With the exception of Memorabilia that is under lock and key in the store, DVDS/Blurays, Video Games, Music albums, I think even some cases like cell phone chargers, earphones, and disposable cameras. (I think this is about it.) You only receive a 10% discount.

During Christmas season for a very short time, the 20% discount is raised to 40%, and the 10% discount is raised to 20%.

Cast members receive a 15% discount on all off park merchandise. For example, if you wanted to buy something at Downtown Disney, or at a Disney store in your home shopping mall. etc.

You receive a 20% discount on all quick service, some table service restaurants, and food stands.

However, a restaurant which is usually a full table service one, can reject your discount, and restaurants like the park itself, can have blackout dates so check those beforehand. So please ask these questions within.

There are way more special perks and events that happen which I could be here all day listing the possibilities. So yeah that's about it.

I hope this helped you. :)

AllStarMovies

Original Poster
I've never done the DCP, I was just a part time CM. But I have good knowledge of these questions you asked.

1.Yes. Cast members get free admission to every single Disney Park, discounts on Disney resorts and hotels as well too.

A little foolish for you to ask do cast members who get sent to Disney here in Los Angeles area rather than Orlando get the same perks. Of course they do.

2.Afraid not. In addition there are blackout dates that cast members cannot come into the park for free, and they are usually holidays. Any special event like Halloween or Christmas is more than likely a blackout day. Even if the holiday yo want to attend wasn't a blackout date, some of these holidays require a separate admission anyways, so your free admission pass doesn't matter in the slightest and you would have to pay out of pocket, but you should be eligible for a discounted price.

3.Yes and no. EMH are exclusively used for guests who stay in the resorts and hotels as a way to thank them for booking a room on Disney grounds.

However, let's say your family/friends who are staying at an on site Disney resort wants to come and visit you whilst you are doing the DCP. You are allowed to go into EMH if you are with your family as you are with them.

4.I don't see why it shouldn't. Again, the only limitations is if the day you want to attend is a blackout date/special event/park buyout etc. Other than that, it is free for you as a cast member to enter into any Disney park, and that includes Animal Kingdom, Waterparks, California Adventure etc.

Cast members usually cannot enter into the park on special event days as guests, but they can get a discount rate.

5.Cast members receive a 20% discount on in park merchandise. With the exception of Memorabilia that is under lock and key in the store, DVDS/Blurays, Video Games, Music albums, I think even some cases like cell phone chargers, earphones, and disposable cameras. (I think this is about it.) You only receive a 10% discount.

During Christmas season for a very short time, the 20% discount is raised to 40%, and the 10% discount is raised to 20%.

Cast members receive a 15% discount on all off park merchandise. For example, if you wanted to buy something at Downtown Disney, or at a Disney store in your home shopping mall. etc.

You receive a 20% discount on all quick service, some table service restaurants, and food stands.

However, a restaurant which is usually a full table service one, can reject your discount, and restaurants like the park itself, can have blackout dates so check those beforehand. So please ask these questions within.

There are way more special perks and events that happen which I could be here all day listing the possibilities. So yeah that's about it.

I hope this helped you. :)

Thank you so much for the response! This answered all of my questions entirely. However there is one thing I would like to clarify. In regards to my first question, I COULD get free admission to Disneyland, even if I were employed at Disney World?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom