WDW Careers

Goofster

Original Poster
Hey, I just got back from WDW and what a spectacular time. The magic is alive and well. I also must say, that hat looks fabulous in person, i know i was skeptical but man, it's amazing!

Anyway, onto the point, I've been thinking about WDW careers, now mostly i just want to look into summer jobs. How does this work, is it easy to get a job? How old do you have to be? Is there cast housing? etc.

Any help would be great, thanks!

dizpins14

I think the youngest you can work is through the college program and those are the only cast housing you can stay in is through that program.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
you have to be 16, and they usually will hire anyone w/ a pulse

cm1988

Career Jump Start (?)

Sometime around 1990 HR had publicized (Eyes & Ears) a program called "Jump Start" or "Quick Start"... something like that. It was like the College Program... included residence at LBV, transportation, etc. I haven't heard anything about it since, but you might inquire at Casting (WDW/PO Box 10000/LBV, FL 32830).

There was (is?) also a program for local high school students... Project Future. Then again, checking your profile + my advanced math skills, I see you're about 21 yrs old... maybe have taken care of that diploma or equivalency?

Your best next move might be to follow this link...http://wdwip.thefairground.com/disneyjobs.htm

When the co. is hiring, a high school diploma with some part time work experience in foods, merchandise, whatever (where you showed up for work dependably!)... plus your ability to convey a desire to "make the magic happen"... should get you in.

How do you know when there's hiring? Check the casting number provided from the link above.

If you have a car, you'd be just as well to maybe find a roommate/house share through the Orlando Sentinal. Back in '88, I ran a "wanted to rent" ad in the Orlando Sentinal... despite the toll call, had plenty of calls. Flew down to Orlando on a Thursday, interviewed with Casting on Friday and was in Traditions the following Thursday.

Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it.

Goofster

Original Poster
Oh no, I'm only 14, I'm just thinking about 2 or three years down the road. But thanks a lot for the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom