WDW 45th Anniversary

TTA94

Original Poster
I know there have been rumors of a Wishes replacement and a DAWM replacement mayybe next year... Coincidentally next year is the 45th.. Maybe I'm way over thinking but could TDO be planning a 45th celebration? It would seem odd since they did not do much did the 40th and I would think they would be saving a major celebration for the 50th?

Thoughts?

rodserling27

I agree, it would make more sense to do this sort of thing for the 50th. Considering all we got for the 40th was a march (albeit cool, but still just merch) that had old school WDW logos on it, I would think the next few anniversaries would come and go quietly until the big Five-O.

HiYa Pal

I was at EPCOT's 30th, unplanned, but a nice surprise, umm the firework show that night, with the tag at the end was insane in person, the closest thing I could equate it to was running the entire show a second time in the span of 1 minute, it was daylight bright in the lagoon and LOUD. I loved it ;)

danv3

Expect some merch and maybe a cupcake. If anything else happens in 2016 (Wishes replacement for example) I don't think it will be connected to the 45th.

jrhwdw

I was at EPCOT's 30th, unplanned, but a nice surprise, umm the firework show that night, with the tag at the end was insane in person, the closest thing I could equate it to was running the entire show a second time in the span of 1 minute, it was daylight bright in the lagoon and LOUD. I loved it ;)
If Epcot ever does a longer celebration of their birthday than just a day, that ROE tag should run every night!

jrhwdw

Expect some merch and maybe a cupcake. If anything else happens in 2016 (Wishes replacement for example) I don't think it will be connected to the 45th.
Whoever did Hocus Pocus, give them the DAWM, CTS and the Wishes replacement! How long is the life of Holiday Wishes? what would replace it? Believe....In Holiday Magic is the only other Christmas pyro show out there, I'm not sure that show would work here. DLP's dreams of Christmas is more than just a pyro show.

gatordoc

The funniest thing about that show was the poor ducks. We were down close to the water, and at the end of the usual show a flock of ducks came out from a secluded place back into the water. They pretty clearly had the show memorized, and knew when it was safe to come back out. But they weren't expecting the 30th tag. I'm pretty sure they were convinced those large explosions were the end of the world.

brb1006

If WDW celebrates it's 50th Anniversary in 2021. I hope they make that anniversary extra special with a special new nightime parade that won't be like Pain The Night. But a tribute to each of the Disney films by each decade including some underrated ones. At least have one new WDW parade that acknowledges the films from the 70's such as The Aristocats, or The Rescuers.

Last edited:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
If WDW celebrates it's 50th Anniversary in 2021. I hope they make that anniversary extra special with a special new nightime parade that won't be like Pain The Night. But a tribute to each of the Disney films by each decade including some underrated ones.
I'd love that parade a lot more than anything now, but I have to be realistic. Average guests wouldn't know who the characters on the parade are... Unfortunately, it's probably going to be filled with characters from the 2000s until now, with some classics mixed in.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

If WDW celebrates it's 50th Anniversary in 2021. I hope they make that anniversary extra special with a special new nightime parade that won't be like Pain The Night. But a tribute to each of the Disney films by each decade including some underrated ones. At least have one new WDW parade that acknowledges the films from the 70's such as The Aristocats, or The Rescuers.
Unfortunately you're going to get something that involves Cars and Frozen. Love your idea of the tribute from each decade but a majority of people won't know or care about those movies.

Bocabear

I think that they will celebrate in some way and maybe the fireworks upgrade is it.
Saying it won't go beyond a cupcake was a joke...hopefully it will be more than just a fireworks upgrade... Disneyland's 50th was a huge celebration with upgrades and events all over the place...I am hoping they do the same for WDW's 50th....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom