Waterfalls in WDW

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I just LOVE waterfalls (and I am VERY disappointed that the Poly will lose its ones) and my GF and I got into a kind of waterfall-frenzy yesterday when we were planning our May vacation which goes NOT to WDW but somewhere else we still don't know where. WDW and DLR are major targets of our fall invasion of the USA. During this frenzy, where we looked up a lot of impressive waterfalls over the world with increasingly unrealistic (and finally outright insane) vacation plans, I began to thinking about WDW and it's numerous waterfalls, some even carrying names, so I had this idea of starting a thread for accounting ALL waterfalls which were created in WDW since the beginning of the World. This list should not include waterfountains and wells, only "real" waterfalls like Inspiration Falls and Schweitzer Falls.
So far I counted at least half a dozen falls in the MK area alone, three in the JC alone, the most impressive and famous being the two major falls of the JC, Inspiration Falls and Schweitzer Falls but the Baby Elephant Bathing Pool features also a waterfall although it stayed nameless if I am right. Then we have of course in the WL the Silver Creek Falls and (still) the four smaller ones in the GCH of the Poly and the one at the Nanea Pool. I know there are a lot more but now I would like you to add some to the list, with their name if possible (and if they have one of course)

Last edited:

horizons82

Waterfalls are absolutely beautiful elements of the resorts and parks!

Why is the Poly losing a waterfall? Is it one that was outdoors due to the new construction of the DVC area?

MeandMickey

Way back when... the entrance to Tomorrowland used to have two giant towers/spiers that had waterfalls/waterwalls that were pretty cool. I do not have any pics, but I am sure someone here does.

BoG restaurant has a nice waterfall. New Little Mermaid ride has a waterfall also. There is a grotto and waterfall at the Swan and Dolphin hotel main pool. A waterfall at the Grand Floridian waterslide pool. A waterfall temple at Coronado Springs main pool.

Splash mountain has one called "Slip'n Falls" or something like that. Been over that one a few times. ;)

ABQ

... back of Tree of Life....
Sorry I was more focused on the animals than the waterfall itself. The scorpion is just too cool.

cJvujmj_0pB-SdcpJNFXTG83NVZO3DeMUUt0NU5l3Ds

BoarderPhreak

I miss the Tomorrowland towers... At least they looked futuristic. So what if you got a little wet walking past?

There are the "internal" (ride) waterfalls too - of sorts. PotC, SM, KRR...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom