Water Parks Weather Closures?

yummysheep91

Original Poster
Hi all,
Looking to book a visit to Disney World in August this year for around 10 days, and a big part of our WDW vacations are the two water parks. This will be our first visit to WDW at this time of year, and so I was wondering how often the water parks are closed due to thunderstorms in August? I'm from the UK so have very little idea about the Orlando weather patterns! Apologies if this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find this information anywhere!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hi all,
Looking to book a visit to Disney World in August this year for around 10 days, and a big part of our WDW vacations are the two water parks. This will be our first visit to WDW at this time of year, and so I was wondering how often the water parks are closed due to thunderstorms in August? I'm from the UK so have very little idea about the Orlando weather patterns! Apologies if this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find this information anywhere!
When there is lightning within a definied area (this is usually daily in August) the waters are cleared of guests. Once the danger has left the defined area the parks are open again.

Best bet (though storms can occur before noon) is arrive early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom