water parks in december???

faithful

Has anyone ever tried Disney water parks in December? If yes, was it warm enough to have a good time or too painful to enjoy? Any advise would be appreciated.:cool:

Disneynut

The water parks are usually fine in December, especially in the early afternoon. The water in all the water parks (except the Bay Lake portion of River Country) is heated in the cooler month.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Depends upon the weather! The temp might be in the 80s, or could be in the 30s or 40s. I've seen both! It also depends upon your tolerence. As a floridian, I don't go swimming if the temp is below 80, heated pool or not.

Upvote 0

faithful

Original Poster
I am from Arizona so probably would be more comfortable with 80s than 40s. Is it unusual to see 80s this time of year? I have never seen the colder side of Florida,:cool:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
It is more usual to see temps in the 70s and low 80s. It is very comfy for sightseeing, but swimming would depend upon your personal tastes. I always pack a swimsuit, just in case, and my littlest usually will go in the pool. The waterparks are not an option, even for him, in the wintertime. It's the walking around after you get out of the heated water that's the problem.

Upvote 0

Maria

bbbbrrrrrrrr!!!

I agree with the previous post! The water could be warm, but the wind is cold and humid!

I froze in December, January and part of February in Orlando! People think that it is always hot there and it is not! The temperature goes down to the 30´s! And it wouldn´t be that bad if it wasn´t for the humidity that gets to your bones!

However, early december changes a lot during the day. I always carried with me a sweater tied to my waist because early in the morning could be chilly and also once the sun goes down... specially when you are waiting for fireworks around a lagoon! ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom