Water cup change??

21stamps

I don't know about advertised, but here is some information from Disney Parks Moms Panel, which is kinda official.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/parks-offer-free-tap-water-306803/

That's an answer to a question though, and in the same sentence recommended to bring a filtered bottle and using a drinking fountain. So basically saying- yes you can get a cup of water at a quick service location, but the better idea is to bring your own.

Not exactly an advertisement and definitely not an encouragement for using free plastic cups of water to get you through your day.

epcotisbest

That's an answer to a question though, and in the same sentence recommended to bring a filtered bottle and using a drinking fountain. So basically saying- yes you can get a cup of water at a quick service location, but the better idea is to bring your own.

Not exactly an advertisement and definitely not an encouragement for using free plastic cups of water to get you through your day.

Not sure I understand why it would be advertised or encouraged.

daisyduckie

The only people making mountains out of mole hills are You and a few others. The op literally never throws a hissy fit, they just pos a question. But as is typical of the pixie dust addicts, they get offended when someone dares questions Saint TDO.

Complaining about the size of a free glass of water is making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am not afraid to point the finger when Disney does something wrong, but good grief. How entitled can people sound? "My free glass isn't big enough!!!" :bawling::bawling::bawling:

That is not how the OP sounded, to be clear. But a lot of posters after, yeah.

21stamps

Not sure I understand why it would be advertised or encouraged.
I don't either. That's why I asked. A couple of people on this thread have said that it was.

The only people making mountains out of mole hills are You and a few others. The op literally never throws a hissy fit, they just pos a question. But as is typical of the pixie dust addicts, they get offended when someone dares questions Saint TDO.

Although I can only speak for myself, but I suspect that @daisyduckie was doing the same, it wasn't the OP's post that was so ridiculous, it was the people chiming in to once again act like a basic human right has been taken away.

epcotisbest

I wouldn't take anything from the mom's panel as gospel, or even as mostly accurate. They are out and out wrong on many things. And it states somewhere on there that Disney does not validate anything posted by the mom's panel.

I enjoy reading the Moms Panel. Yes, here is the disclaimer.

Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.

daisyduckie

I enjoy reading the Moms Panel. Yes, here is the disclaimer.

Panelists have received/will receive a Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort vacation for panelist and up to three family members and/or park tickets for their participation on the Disney Parks Moms Panel. The views expressed in the Panel are those of the panelists, who are independent contractors. These views are not intended to reflect the opinions of Disney Destinations, its affiliates, its management, its agents or its employees and have not been reviewed or approved by Disney Destinations prior to posting.

I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks is is ludicrous that Disney can't be bothered to monitor what they post on the Moms Panel. I wonder how many people are horribly misled by them.

epcotisbest

I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks is is ludicrous that Disney can't be bothered to monitor what they post on the Moms Panel. I wonder how many people are horribly misled by them.
Again, I enjoy it. Never been horribly misled, but now that I know I will be more skeptical.

kelknight84

I'm just totally confused at this whole thread. It's not unique that Disney gives cups of water. Universal, Sea World, and Busch Gardens all do it. I can walk into pretty much any establishment anywhere and get some water with no funny looks or questions asked.

Personally I like tap water better and it's my preferred choice over the taste of bottled water. Also water is a billion times healthier than the other alternatives. Why would people just assume someone getting water is cheap? I thinks it's smart to not pay for something that is freely offered and preferred.

I feel the op was just asking a question and not overly complaining, and I'd like to make it clear I'm very greatful about any kind of free water (especially the refreshing ice cold kind), however, I do want to point out that the cups are not just "smaller" they only hold like 2 sips. They are extremely tiny. So I think it's more of a shock thing then complaining, especially when compared to the other theme parks and every eating establishment everywhere.

The Empress Lilly

I'm just totally confused at this whole thread. It's not unique that Disney gives cups of water. Universal, Sea World, and Busch Gardens all do it. I can walk into pretty much any establishment anywhere and get some water with no funny looks or questions asked.

Personally I like tap water better and it's my preferred choice over the taste of bottled water. Also water is a billion times healthier than the other alternatives. Why would people just assume someone getting water is cheap? I thinks it's smart to not pay for something that is freely offered and preferred.

I feel the op was just asking a question and not overly complaining, and I'd like to make it clear I'm very greatful about any kind of free water (especially the refreshing ice cold kind), however, I do want to point out that the cups are not just "smaller" they only hold like 2 sips. They are extremely tiny. So I think it's more of a shock thing then complaining, especially when compared to the other theme parks and every eating establishment everywhere.
Yes, this is one of the weirder threads around here.

A simple observation was made, a minutia. Then an entire strawman was erected by a crowd about entitlement and spoiled guests, and a defense launched of actual lower standards than WDW provides. (Is that a firat for pixiedusting?)

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

And I can name many places that DON'T do it... for various reasons. It's done as a courtesy and can be self-serving too.

Examples that don't... the girl that walked into 7-11 yesterday looking to get a free cup of water.. only to be told the soda fountain would not dispense water-only.. so she walked out. At our beach resort, none of the shops along the beach offers free cups of water.. instead offering to sell bottled water or their normal menu... because the # of people who would ask for free water was so significant it became a drain on them while also costing them potential sales. So they don't offer it, or charge a nominal amount for cups of ice water.

Why would people just assume someone getting water is cheap?

Because many people do.. just like the people that would make meals out of free condiments, etc. This is not 'everyone who orders water is doing something bad' nor has anyone ever claimed so.

matt9112

Do they toilet paper dispensers all over the park that I have missed? You know, where I can walk up and grab what I need? Your comparison is a bad one.

I think people are forgetting how spoiled we are by Disney parks. Not only do they give out free glasses of water in addition to having fountains, but they let you bring in all that you want. Many theme parks don't! But nooo, we whine and sob because the free glasses just aren't large enough!!!! Wow.

Heck, near my home we have a festival in the middle of the summer that doesn't allow you to bring in water, you have to buy it or you don't get it.

stop comparing WDW to regular venues. this mindset is why they can make cuts because ylur own standards are said festival.

the reason thry don't have printed napkins has nothing to do with stealing and evrything yo do with expectation.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
stop comparing WDW to regular venues. this mindset is why they can make cuts because ylur own standards are said festival.

the reason thry don't have printed napkins has nothing to do with stealing and evrything yo do with expectation.
Is your "shift" button broken? Do you think your arguments look better in all lower case?

A well thought-out argument demands proper punctuation and spelling...and even proof reading.

Reading your statements is proof that you are just flying off the handle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom