Water cup change??

lazyboy97o

Like I said, I don't have too much experience with the TTC trams, so I don't know what they announce. I do think it's weird that they would require announcements there but not on the launches or monorail.

I can put my bottle in my bag, not carry it around. I can take it out when I want it. That alone is worth not carrying around a plastic cup. I realize that everyone is different though.
The cup is acquired when needed, used and disposed of when done. Very little carrying. So you still haven't saved anything. This is also not the savings you claimed, time wasted in a line.

daisyduckie

If people are only hydrating with water they are not doing a great job of hydrating. You need all of those electrolytes your body sweats out too. Or should Disney have to hand out Powerade or Gatorade free of charge too?

lazyboy97o

If people are only hydrating with water they are not doing a great job of hydrating. You need all of those electrolytes your body sweats out too. Or should Disney have to hand out Powerade or Gatorade free of charge too?
Unless you are engaged in sustained, vigorous exercise then water is sufficient. You also ignore that water fountains are mandated by the Plumbing Code and that cups of water are a widely available amenity at restaurants of all levels. So good job on another pointless comparison.

daisyduckie

Unless you are engaged in sustained, vigorous exercise then water is sufficient. You also ignore that water fountains are mandated by the Plumbing Code and that cups of water are a widely available amenity at restaurants of all levels. So good job on another pointless comparison.

No water is not sufficient if it is hot out. Free cups of water are not mandated by any code either, which is the comparison I made. But I get the feeling you really are not reading any replies, especially if you think they don't agree with your opinion.

lazyboy97o

No water is not sufficient if it is hot out. Free cups of water are not mandated by any code either, which is the comparison I made. But I get the feeling you really are not reading any replies, especially if you think they don't agree with your opinion.
Water is sufficient even with heat. Reading replies is the only way to see the ridiculous stretching that must be employed to try and make Disney's actions seems like some sort of benefit for anyone.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The spiels talking about heat just occur throughout the year because Florida is hot, they have nothing to do with certain extreme conditions. They are just general information / safety notices.

I'd love to hear these notices announcing free water service from counter service locations. I can't say I've ever heard them that I can recall.. On buses, trams, or the monorail. Nor is it mentioned in the park maps. I call Bunkus on this.

I bet it's more about the Internet cost saving tips becoming more common knowledge and something Disney doesn't need to "be a thing". So knock it down a bit.

By your criteria, people brining in refillable bottles is an abuse that would need similar curtailing as they are used to steal from the remaining self service fountains and are also used to avoid the costs of purchasing a beverage.

If allowing filling of your own personal containers is an intended use of the fountains - it's not abuse nor is there any "stealing". Filling our personal swimming pool you snuck in.. Would be abuse. Or filling things not for your personal use... Reusable containers for your personal use and are allowed by Disney for water bottles (aka an intended use).

Disneys accepts water fountains are an alternative to purchased drinks... Just like they accept ice cream is.. Or slushies, etc. that doesn't mean there isn't thought into how those things intermix.[/QUOTE]

21stamps

This is why I gave up. Too many twists and turns. A conversation can only happen when two people are listening (or reading) to each other.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Water is fine. Salt can be replenished later. This isn't people trying to excel

lazyboy97o

I'd love to hear these notices announcing free water service from counter service locations. I can't say I've ever heard them that I can recall.. On buses, trams, or the monorail. Nor is it mentioned in the park maps. I call Bunkus on this.

I bet it's more about the Internet cost saving tips becoming more common knowledge and something Disney doesn't need to "be a thing". So knock it down a bit.

If allowing filling of your own personal containers is an intended use of the fountains - it's not abuse nor is there any "stealing". Filling our personal swimming pool you snuck in.. Would be abuse. Or filling things not for your personal use... Reusable containers for your personal use and are allowed by Disney for water bottles (aka an intended use).

Disneys accepts water fountains are an alternative to purchased drinks... Just like they accept ice cream is.. Or slushies, etc. that doesn't mean there isn't thought into how those things intermix.
Even as an Internet cost saving thing, it is hardly some huge secret since even McDonalds offers free cups of water. It's not some ridiculous assumptions.

You're also ignoring your own criteria that avoiding a purchase is an abuse along with water fountains not being designed to refil bottles. Disney offers cups of water without question, so it is just as much an intended use. They could just point people to the fountains or even install soda fountains without the water nozzle (which is the case at some kiosk locations).

This is why I gave up. Too many twists and turns. A conversation can only happen when two people are listening (or reading) to each other.
I have repeatedly made the same two points. No twists and turns; those have only come from the many wild comparisons and attempts to define the change as a benefit.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You're also ignoring your own criteria that avoiding a purchase is an abuse.

No, you are skipping dimensions. I said when it starts to become a cost avoidance thing (and later added extra clarity when saying it is becoming a trend). Disney has offered water for those that want water and as a customer service. A cup of water has many uses besides just just a beverage. So having it in your policies has many benefits. What I specifically brought up is when you see it's use become a cost avoidance strategy of notice.... And not just about serving water for those looking for water.

Disneys doesn't need to serve free large cups of water to meet their objectives... So they stopped. The change has to have benefits. By your position, it's not for costs, so it has to have some advantage to be greater than the negative attention it would get from the vocal minority. You may not agree wit my assessment of why... But you have to admit there would be a reason they have to justify the effort and potential push back.

21stamps

Even as an Internet cost saving thing, it is hardly some huge secret since even McDonalds offers free cups of water. It's not some ridiculous assumptions.

You're also ignoring your own criteria that avoiding a purchase is an abuse along with water fountains not being designed to refil bottles. Disney offers cups of water without question, so it is just as much an intended use. They could just point people to the fountains or even install soda fountains without the water nozzle (which is the case at some kiosk locations).

I have repeatedly made the same two points. No twists and turns; those have only come from the many wild comparisons and attempts to define the change as a benefit.

I haven't read any wild comparisons. I just wonder if people are seriously ultra cheap, or if they do things just to try and spite Disney, or try to make themselves feel better. All of these "get one over bc WDW has high prices" comments and threads are so odd.

I think all of us like to save money. It's just at what lengths do we go to.. I've already said that I bring my own water, to at least get me through part of the day..which does save some money. I also pack Z bars when go to a park..regardless of Disney or our own amusement park. They're great to tide us over until the next meal. Cutting the need for buying snacks twice per day down to one.
Especially at our home park..standing in a long line and your kid announces he is hungry..which means now I have to pay $4 from the candy machine for 1 normal sized bag of M&Ms is something that I try to avoid as much as possible. But I don't try to 'get one over' on that park just bc their food and drink prices are so high. I know that I want to limit what I spend, so I try to plan accordingly.

JIMINYCR

I haven't read any wild comparisons. I just wonder if people are seriously ultra cheap, or if they do things just to try and spite Disney, or try to make themselves feel better. All of these "get one over bc WDW has high prices" comments and threads are so odd.

I think all of us like to save money. It's just at what lengths do we go to.. I've already said that I bring my own water, to at least get me through part of the day..which does save some money. I also pack Z bars when go to a park..regardless of Disney or our own amusement park. They're great to tide us over until the next meal. Cutting the need for buying snacks twice per day down to one.
Especially at our home park..standing in a long line and your kid announces he is hungry..which means now I have to pay $4 from the candy machine for 1 normal sized bag of M&Ms is something that I try to avoid as much as possible. But I don't try to 'get one over' on that park just bc their food and drink prices are so high. I know that I want to limit what I spend, so I try to plan accordingly.

Not necessarily ultra cheap but mostly unprepared. After our first trip I learned to bring my water bottles and water additive to cut the odd FL water flavor. I wasnt a wise Disney traveller on that first trip. Lots of guests show up totally unprepared to deal with a long hot day in the parks. Although, maybe cheap is right..... as long as Disney sites advise that free water is given out, why buy a water bottle?

21stamps

Not necessarily ultra cheap but mostly unprepared. After our first trip I learned to bring my water bottles and water additive to cut the odd FL water flavor. I wasnt a wise Disney traveller on that first trip. Lots of guests show up totally unprepared to deal with a long hot day in the parks. Although, maybe cheap is right..... as long as Disney sites advise that free water is given out, why buy a water bottle?
Can someone please show me where this is advertised? In 38 years I have never heard of it.

As to why buy a bottle of water? For me it's because it tastes better than tap water, and because it is much easier to carry or set down without spilling.

EOD K9

In fact, I know that you know that when Disneyland opened they didn't even have fountains working. The sold Pepsi!
WONTCHU.png

epcotisbest

daisyduckie

daisyduckie

I want to stay too that I have been visiting WDW for over 20 years, and have never heard, other than on line, that they offer free water. I have never seen it advertised by Disney anywhere. Not at the resorts. Not on the buses. Not on their web site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom