Wasted Space behind fantasyland.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
All the wasted space behind fantasyland can be redone to Disneyland's Toontown, Note that Gadgets Go-Coaster has been replaced by Goofy's Barnstormer and that Chip and Dales treehouse has been removed. And now "New Fantasyland can be called the enchanted forrest.
NEWAS.jpg

Bolt

All the wasted space behind fantasyland can be redone to Disneyland's Toontown, Note that Gadgets Go-Coaster has been replaced by Goofy's Barnstormer and that Chip and Dales treehouse has been removed. And now "New Fantasyland can be called the enchanted forrest.View attachment 86228
Don't be fooled by green space on maps, they aren't actually green. The area you are speaking of is a fire station, monorail garage and firework launch areas...

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Don't be fooled by green space on maps, they aren't actually green. The area you are speaking of is a fire station, monorail garage and firework launch areas...
Oh i've seen all these areas, just didn't realize that's where they were.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh i've seen all these areas, just didn't realize that's where they were.
If you are referring to Magic Kingdom...

Untitled.jpg

That being said, I've been on an armchair imagineer team that has developed back there, and it could be doable (probably not in real life, but fun to play with)...but you'd need to take into consideration the fact that fireworks shells don't always behave like they are supposed to.

So...you end up with this.

(Seven Dwarfs Mine Train caught on fire)

Happened at Disneyland a few weeks (months) back as well...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The map on the Disney site is very deceiving, there is no where near that much space between the back of FL and the railroad tracks.
There is quite a bit of space back there between the end of NFL and the berm. Enough for several more rides, etc...

But, that pond and green space is left there for a purpose. If you check the alignment of the pond, it's directly in the path of the big shells they shoot up over the top of the castle during Wishes (straight forward) and in line with the Castle (not visible on my screencap, but easy to check on google maps).

I can't recall where I read about it (it was a while ago), but I think the largest shells they use at Magic Kingdom are 12" (though, it could be 10"). At Disneyland they use a different fireworks launch system (compressed air instead of gunpowder) due to proximity to neighboring non-Disney properties and residential areas.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
To really expand the Magic Kingdom in that direction then would need to relocate It's a Small World. And that ain't gonna be cheap.
Small World is not the issue. Relocating it is also not the issue. It's a boat ride that Disney built in less than 12 months for the worlds fair, and has done at all of their theme parks. I doubt that is holding the expansion back there in ransom due to it's unique nature (because...it's not unique...and is probably the worst Small World there is)

I made it quite clear what are the operational issues with projecting development into that space, and not one of them has to do with Small World.

Jon81uk

Small World is not the issue. Relocating it is also not the issue. It's a boat ride that Disney built in less than 12 months for the worlds fair, and has done at all of their theme parks. I doubt that is holding the expansion back there in ransom due to it's unique nature (because...it's not unique...and is probably the worst Small World there is)

I made it quite clear what are the operational issues with projecting development into that space, and not one of them has to do with Small World.

I am thinking of it as another problem in addition to everything you listed. The bottle-neck between Peter Pan and Small World is the only really narrow section of pathway left, New Fantasyland has pushed the park out North-East (ish) so to go out north-west Small World stops the park becoming round, it keeps a corner of the park blocked off.

I think they could move it if they really want to, and going north-east avoids a few of the firework issues, but equally there isn't much room before you hit the Haunted Mansion show building anyway.

The priority is fixing Hollywood Studios anyway.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am thinking of it as another problem in addition to everything you listed. The bottle-neck between Peter Pan and Small World is the only really narrow section of pathway left, New Fantasyland has pushed the park out North-East (ish) so to go out north-west Small World stops the park becoming round, it keeps a corner of the park blocked off.

I think they could move it if they really want to, and going north-east avoids a few of the firework issues, but equally there isn't much room before you hit the Haunted Mansion show building anyway.

The priority is fixing Hollywood Studios anyway.
Um...no. Thanks for playing.

Jon81uk

Um...no. Thanks for playing.

I don't think that attitude is called for.

The OP was thinking about the space available behind Fantasyland. I have looked at Google Maps in the past and noticed that Little Mermaid and New Fantasyland is close up to the firework launch area, whereas Small World is very close in to Peter Pan. So on the same topic as the OP I was just thinking about the fact that moving Small World would open up some expansion room.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't think that attitude is called for.

The OP was thinking about the space available behind Fantasyland. I have looked at Google Maps in the past and noticed that Little Mermaid and New Fantasyland is close up to the firework launch area, whereas Small World is very close in to Peter Pan. So on the same topic as the OP I was just thinking about the fact that moving Small World would open up some expansion room.
Yeah, no it wouldn't. And I said exactly why, had you read it.

Jon81uk

Yeah, no it wouldn't. And I said exactly why, had you read it.

Yes and again, looking at satellite imagery, Little Mermaid is right up against the firework viewing area, Small World is not. Seven Dwarves fits between Mermaid and the Castle. Whereas Small World fits where Seven Dwarves is and there is a small space behind. It probably isn't enough space to be worth expanding into, but in my opinion it is the only direction Fantasyland could currently expand into, without moving firework launches. As I said it isn't worth moving Small World, as the land gained would be small. But it is the only thing that can be done without touching firework areas.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes and again, looking at satellite imagery, Little Mermaid is right up against the firework viewing area, Small World is not. Seven Dwarves fits between Mermaid and the Castle. Whereas Small World fits where Seven Dwarves is and there is a small space behind. It probably isn't enough space to be worth expanding into, but in my opinion it is the only direction Fantasyland could currently expand into, without moving firework launches. As I said it isn't worth moving Small World, as the land gained would be small. But it is the only thing that can be done without touching firework areas.
Keep snorting your "mayhaps"

It won't happen. I said exactly why it won't, and it had nothing, once again, to do with "small world"...

orlando678-

I wish iasw could go to epcot and a new expansion of fantasyland could happen. Perhaps with Alice near the speedway( which would be gone) and Pinocchio, Tangled, Frozen(no frostrom) and Mr toad in the new new fantasyland expansion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom