Warm Butterbeer

71jason

Original Poster
So while they claimed warm Butterbeer was just a test Friday morning, it was for sale as late as Saturday afternoon at the Hog's Head, which implies it will be here at least through the weekend. Hoping it becomes at least semi-permanent.

It's not soda-based. It's basically a butterscotch-flavored hot cocoa (think Swiss Miss) with the standard Butterbeer foam pumped on top. $4.25, same as frozen, currently served in a nondescript white coffee cup, tho if it stays that's bound to change. It's good, a very pronounced butterscotch flavor, and easy to drink, although very, very sweet--possible sweeter than even regular Butterbeer.

IndianaJones

So while they claimed warm Butterbeer was just a test Friday morning, it was for sale as late as Saturday afternoon at the Hog's Head, which implies it will be here at least through the weekend. Hoping it becomes at least semi-permanent.

It's not soda-based. It's basically a butterscotch-flavored hot cocoa (think Swiss Miss) with the standard Butterbeer foam pumped on top. $4.25, same as frozen, currently served in a nondescript white coffee cup, tho if it stays that's bound to change. It's good, a very pronounced butterscotch flavor, and easy to drink, although very, very sweet--possible sweeter than even regular Butterbeer.
Completely on board with this.

Last day trip that I took with a group of friends was in September. And the best part of the day was drinking butterbeer in the 3 Broomsticks.
image.jpg

Recently we were talking about how much fun that would be on colder days with warm butterbeer.

So I'm all about this.

tribbleorlfl

Which is interesting, because the way it was described in the books, my wife and I always imagined it more as a warm, butterscotch drink than what is served, anyway.

JustInTime

Well, I always thought it was supposed to be warm anyway. I remember in the books harry talking about how it warmed him up when drinking it from a pint glass. I think it was book 3 when Harry snuck to Hogsmeade and it was in three broomsticks. But then in the 5th book he drank it from a bottle and wasn't warm. I'd love it if they hard all 3 options year round. Even warm in the summer would be fine with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom