Walt's Impact on Me

bigfatdonna

Original Poster
As I was sitting with my son this evening watching a Pluto cartoon from 1945 (Pueblo Pluto), I felt so calm and intensely happy. I began to ponder on exactly what it was about the whole Disney thing that makes me feel so grand. It came to me so boldly.........Walt. Pretty simple, I know, but for some reason tonight it impacted me differently. Sheesh, I must watch a million cartoons a year with my son but none of them envelope me like Disney's (especially the classics). I have been enthralled with Walt's face as long as I can recall. His smile exuded a warm, caring, almost father-like reassurance. The more I've learned about him and his life the more in awe I am of this man. To simply say that "he was something special" is a gross understatement. I see HIM in every Disney classic, every turn at WDW and every piece of Disney history I can get my hands on. I can hear HIM humming along with a smile in my favorite Disney classic songs. To have a presence that lingers as strongly as his does even years after death is mind boggling. I could go on and on but won't simply because I don't want to start rambling. Just thought I'd share feelings with you as no one on this side of my world seems to get it.

General Grizz

That's such a great feeling. It shows you are a definite Disney fan!

“A professor I once had, who was a very learned man, once said that Walt Disney was the greatest teacher in American history. I thought, you know, that’s true; that man taught a hundred moral lessons again and again in ways that tickled the whole world and yet made the point.” – Michael Novak

bigfatdonna

Original Poster
Thanks, General Grizz, for responding. Disney is definitely my drug of choice!

Walt Disney, the greatest teacher in American History? He gets my vote without question. :sohappy:

Disney_Belle

I agree, when i watch a disney movie or go to a park i see so much more than what is visible to the eye. Walt is there he's that feeling you get in your stomach. That is what he wanted. And it started with him loving his family and wanting to make a place for families to enjoy. It is just amazing. WALT is amazing. Im just glad there are people in this world who still respect him and not just see a theme park or a movie. Keep Walt's spirit alive, its what he deserves at the least.

P.S. read my signature its true :)

jsfra209

Walt Disney is a perfect example of a person being able to do anything they put their minds to ... God bless him for starting this .....:sohappy:

Halfling418

I love learning about the man myself.

I've read a few Disney Company books and Walt biographies. When I learned of his faults and biases, instead of being disappointed and shocked, I became more enthralled. Walt's private life is so unexpected! He is truly an interesting and complex person.

He had a goal and went for it. He was extremely confident, and wouldn't listen to anyone if they disagreed. He went with his instincts. He started arguably the biggest company ever. He inspired me to dream.

And for that I will be forever grateful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom