WALTPAPER CONTEST! Expedition:Everest

Legacy

Original Poster
After a year of nothing I thought I could try and give it another go. With all that is going on and the size of the boards now I felt that the Waltpaper contests could be ressurected.

So what's the theme for the first Waltpaper back?

You guest it! Expedition: Everest!

Image sizes limited to 700x525

Formats-JPEG, GIF and PNG

Please refrain from animated entries and also reusing any entry that you may have entered in a previous contest.

I'm going to give two weeks since it's the first one back and I'm sure people are going to need some time to fire up the creative juices. The deadline will be Febuary 11, midnight EST.

So goodluck everyone, and have fun!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I know we already had one... so I think you should add the rule that no one can reuse an entry

Shaman

Here's mine :D

everestb.jpg

:lookaroun

ZapperZ

Since I'm relatively new here, I don't quite know what is the requirement for this "contest". There's no instruction or guideline. Is it just like the regular photo contest? Are you allowed to modify with the picture?

So rather than make a fool of myself, I thought I'd wait till either someone explains it, or I figure it out myself... :)

Zz.

Legacy

Original Poster
ZapperZ said:
Since I'm relatively new here, I don't quite know what is the requirement for this "contest". There's no instruction or guideline. Is it just like the regular photo contest? Are you allowed to modify with the picture?

So rather than make a fool of myself, I thought I'd wait till either someone explains it, or I figure it out myself... :)

Zz.
The Waltpaper contest is simply designing computer desktops. Photo manipulation is encouraged, although not nessecary. As long as your submission is tasteful, there really is no limit on what can be done with it.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=49267&highlight=waltpaper

There is a link to one on the previous contests for the Boardwalk that would give you are really good idea of what we are looking for.

Tramp

OBJR...that's a cool wallpaper...nice work.

Legacy...wallpaper contests are much harder than photo contests cuz of the work and time one has to put into it. Don't be discouraged.

I'm just guessing but perhaps the problem is Mt. Everest...people don't have too many photos to work with and online material is scarce compared to other Disney subjects. I may be wrong...wouldn't be the first time or the last. :lol:

ZapperZ

OK, so here's my first, amateurish attempt at this "Waltpaper" contest. Please don't laugh out too loud!

:)

Zz.

EE.jpg

Legacy

Original Poster
ZapperZ said:
OK, so here's my first, amateurish attempt at this "Waltpaper" contest. Please don't laugh out too loud!

Zz.
That's actually REALLY good. I love the yeti blended into the mountain.

ZapperZ

Thank you!

However, I just realized that by using all of these different pictures in one contest, I've just disqualified those from ever being used in another contest on here!

Oh well.. it's not as if I've ever won any of them anyway! :brick::D

Zz.

Legacy

Original Poster
ZapperZ said:
Thank you!

However, I just realized that by using all of these different pictures in one contest, I've just disqualified those from ever being used in another contest on here!

Zz.
No... you can still use them for the photo contest. These are two seperate beast.

Those are two beautiful Waltpapers! I'm terribly uncreative, but, in case the creative people need encouragement, I'd just like to throw out there that I absolutely love the wallpaper contests! Everyone always does such beautiful work! :sohappy:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
ZapperZ said:
Thank you!

Zz.

We won't tell....:lookaroun

DisneySam

I tried....My Photoshop skills are limited....
[sorry I had to upload as an attachment...I need to learn how to add it to your post.]
All Pictures courtesy of google image search and wdwmagic.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom