• CineScope Cartoon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Circle Vision Theater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other!

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

MonorailGreen

The theme park would be Walt's greatest accomplishment, of course. He held the bar very high and it is still held high by the Disney Company today. The theme parks are one of the main reasons that Disney IS still number one =)

Walt

It amazes me still today when I think of it. How savvy Walt really was. There is nothing second rate in his parks. No matter how old you are, you are always a kid there, even if its for a brief moment.
When I hear..When you wish upon a star I get a lump in my throat everytime.

Wilt Dasney

I would rate his theme parks and full-length animated features as his most significant accomplishments. The others that were listed are impressive, but most of them were technical achievements that would have eventually come along without Disney's contributions. In making a full-length "cartoon" in Snow White and designing a revolutionary type of theme park, Disney went against traditional ideas in those industries and broke new societal ground. Is it coincidence that even today, people associate his company with animated films and theme parks before all of the other things they do?

Bagheera

I went with "other." I think that his legacy of innovation is his greatest accomplishment. His knowledge of what people wanted and his distaste for being satisfied with the status quo drive his continual desire for innovation. He is responsible for more developments in entertainment than any other person in history (at least, that I could come up with).

prberk

Although I marked "Theme Park" (because it brought other innovations together and made the most obvious mark), I really think all of them were great, and I agree with Bagheera that his truest legacy for ME was his sense of innovation and futurism that was completely balanced with a love for and understanding of the past.

Walt knew before Casey Kasem uttered his first word that to "reach for the stars" you truly needed to "keep your feet on the ground"!

AndyP

I voted Themepark as best :king: because Disney set extremely high standards in the theme park industry and is also most influential in my life :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom