Walt Disney World's new marketing campaign - 'The Magic is Endless'

SorcererMC

One thing that most of the negative crowd is overlooking is that people are paying for the parties in droves. Why? Easy. Because the park is a lot less crowded, and people - like myself - are more than willing to pay for it. Disney has pitched the parks in such a way that there really isn't a "slow" period anymore. So many will pay extra for less crowds. It really is that simple.
Lesser crowds are also a result of the price effect. I think that it is a good incentive to go to these events, but I also see many reviews saying they expected lower crowds but their experience didn't match and they conclude they wouldn't do it again. Expectation vs. reality. ETA: Again a quality of product compared to quality of experience issue.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Lesser crowds are also a result of the price effect. I think that is a good incentive to go to these events, but I also see many reviews saying they expected lower crowds but their experience didn't match and they conclude they wouldn't do it again. Expectation vs. reality.
And many others reported lower crowds and had an excellent experience. We have been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP and had a great time enjoying the lower crowds. Take reviews on the internet with a grain of salt. You do know that most people will report only on bad things, and not good ones. Nature of the beast.

SorcererMC

And many others reported lower crowds and had an excellent experience. We have been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP and had a great time enjoying the lower crowds. Take reviews on the internet with a grain of salt. You do know that most people will report only on bad things, and not good ones. Nature of the beast.

No blanket statements about crowd levels should be accepted as fact.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No blanket statements about crowd levels should be accepted as fact.
Have you personally been to either party? We have, and from first hand experience, the crowds were much lower. It has been reported that Disney maxes out the parties at 20,000 people. Daily attendance at MK is normally given at 40,000-50,000. So half the crowd is definitely a good thing for some of us.

21stamps

I posted a poll this morning on how many nights people visit MK during their stay. I'm assuming that Disney did a much more thorough investigation of that same question. Based on their results, as well as how many parties are enough to provide for people who want them, I'm sure that's how they came up with how many nights to offer MNSSHP and MVMCP. That way the MAJORITY of travelers are accommodated, and most are happy with the park schedules for the week. There will always be people who complain about something, no matter if it actually is a huge inconvenience or not.

SorcererMC

Have you personally been to either party? We have, and from first hand experience, the crowds were much lower. It has been reported that Disney maxes out the parties at 20,000 people. Daily attendance at MK is normally given at 40,000-50,000. So half the crowd is definitely a good thing for some of us.

I'm not saying you are wrong. What I'm saying is that how one person experiences the crowds during a special ticketed event can vary, as the crowds are going to be focused around the unique offerings. One's perception and tolerance of the crowds will vary. I would expect that crowds would be higher closer to the actual holiday, so the difference could be a question of when one goes to the party (either MNSSHP or MVMCP). Me personally - I avoid the holiday season due to the higher crowds in general and harder for me to schedule those times; an event for lower crowds is right up my alley but I haven't done either as of yet. (Crowd level is more of a deal-breaker for me than price).

Bocabear

During the last Halloween party I went to, the wait for 7 Dwarves Mine Ride was still 90 minutes...seems like that ride is the biggest hit of the park. I wish they would create and "Adults Only" night at the Magic Kingdom... just once or twice a year...I think they would be sellouts

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm not saying you are wrong. What I'm saying is that how one person experiences the crowds during a special ticketed event can vary, as the crowds are going to be focused around the unique offerings. One's perception and tolerance of the crowds will vary. I would expect that crowds would be higher closer to the actual holiday, so the difference could be a question of when one goes to the party (either MNSSHP or MVMCP). Me personally - I avoid the holiday season due to the higher crowds in general and harder for me to schedule those times; an event for lower crowds is right up my alley but I haven't done either as of yet. (Crowd level is more of a deal-breaker for me than price).
I will absolutely agree with you that people's expectations and perceptions can and will be different.

Heck, if we had gone with the reviews of certain places only, and never experienced it ourselves, we wouldn't eat at half the restaurants on property that we love. People will tend to gripe about a negative experience much more than a positive one. So when you see negative reviews about a party, remember that the vast majority probably had a great time. Don't let a few negative nellies influence whether or not you should experience something.

21stamps

During the last Halloween party I went to, the wait for 7 Dwarves Mine Ride was still 90 minutes...seems like that ride is the biggest hit of the park. I wish they would create and "Adults Only" night at the Magic Kingdom... just once or twice a year...I think they would be sellouts
This is why the Disney After Hours event looked so attractive to me..and I hope it returns. Preferably on a date that I can make it.
There are other threads to talk about the special events. Any way we could focus this back on their new marketing campaign?
Yep.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was just hoping to point out that there are plenty of other times to go to MK...as well as the reality that most travelers do not spend every evening of their trip in that park.

Your view is- "I should have the option to go whenever I want, regardless of if I would have actually wanted to go or not."

My view is the resort is a year round property and I I paid a price based on all four parks.

I gave you real facts, instead of just emotional jib jab. If you want more specifics about my trip and how the park closing early directly impacted how I had to structure my 3.5 day vacation I could if you wanted. It's not trivial when you want to experience wishes and other entertainment. It's another detractor from great customer service, like a RESORT should have.

So your "easily worked around" means I should have gone sun-Thursday instead? How about it shouldn't be a f'n issue in the first place. The parks should minimize disruptions to the park operating hours... Not KEEP expanding them every year (glossed over that part didn't you).

NearTheEars

My view is the resort is a year round property and I I paid a price based on all four parks.

I gave you real facts, instead of just emotional jib jab. If you want more specifics about my trip and how the park closing early directly impacted how I had to structure my 3.5 day vacation I could if you wanted. It's not trivial when you want to experience wishes and other entertainment. It's another detractor from great customer service, like a RESORT should have.

So your "easily worked around" means I should have gone sun-Thursday instead? How about it shouldn't be a f'n issue in the first place. The parks should minimize disruptions to the park operating hours... Not KEEP expanding them every year (glossed over that part didn't you).

I don't know off hand, but is the park hopper ticket for DL and DCA of a similar price as the one for MK, DHS, AK and EPCOT?

I think if we are talking about park availability / value it's worth bringing up.

But this should probably continue elsewhere.

Though some people obviously believe the "Magic is Endless," especially at hard ticket parties.

SorcererMC

I wouldn't object to that and I think you're right, it probably would sellout. Sometimes trying to deal with kids (whether your own or others') at WDW is like this:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't know off hand, but is the park hopper ticket for DL and DCA of a similar price as the one for MK, DHS, AK and EPCOT?

I think if we are talking about park availability / value it's worth bringing up.

But this should probably continue elsewhere.

Though some people obviously believe the "Magic is Endless," especially at hard ticket parties.

For the bean counters the magic of selling the park TWICE is indeed Magic is (an) Endless (source of revenue), Expect to see more 'sell the park twice stuff' next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom