Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort guests to be able to make advance FastPass+ reservation

Thumper14

So to follow up, my Swan reservation is valid, but the MDE system cannot recognize it at this time. No big deal I was able to link my park tickets and book my FP+ selections through the MDE system. My plan on the first day is to stop by the International Gateway, pick up my RFID cards, buy a Magic Band at the World Traveler and have the CM link it to my MDE account. Everything is ready in MDE; ADRS, FP+, guests, tickets and my Memory maker. All that is left is to wait patiently for the next 27 days to pass very slowly and pack. Thank goodness Baseball started today to help pass the time.

33 Honeymoons and more to come  

SnowWhite71

So to follow up, my Swan reservation is valid, but the MDE system cannot recognize it at this time. No big deal I was able to link my park tickets and book my FP+ selections through the MDE system. My plan on the first day is to stop by the International Gateway, pick up my RFID cards, buy a Magic Band at the World Traveler and have the CM link it to my MDE account. Everything is ready in MDE; ADRS, FP+, guests, tickets and my Memory maker. All that is left is to wait patiently for the next 27 days to pass very slowly and pack. Thank goodness Baseball started today to help pass the time.

33 Honeymoons and more to come  

Quick question for you or anyone reading, did you purchase your tickets through Disney? I'm confused on the RFID cards? Is this different from tickets sold on their site?

Rob562

Quick question for you or anyone reading, did you purchase your tickets through Disney? I'm confused on the RFID cards? Is this different from tickets sold on their site?

In order to use FP+ in the parks, you'll need to make sure that your ticket is RFID-capable. if you've bought it in the past year, you're 99.99% assured that it's RFID-capable.

To make sure, look on the back of the ticket for the MDE logo, a Mickey head inside a circle. If it's there, the ticket is RFID-ready.

Otherwise, you can link the ticket to MDE, make your FP+ choice, but you'll have to trade in your non-RFID ticket for an RFID card at Guest Relations.

-Rob

SnowWhite71

In order to use FP+ in the parks, you'll need to make sure that your ticket is RFID-capable. if you've bought it in the past year, you're 99.99% assured that it's RFID-capable.

To make sure, look on the back of the ticket for the MDE logo, a Mickey head inside a circle. If it's there, the ticket is RFID-ready.

Otherwise, you can link the ticket to MDE, make your FP+ choice, but you'll have to trade in your non-RFID ticket for an RFID card at Guest Relations.

-Rob

We were planning on purchasing tickets on the WDW site. Do you know if they are linked right away or once they are mailed to you, you have to link them then? This trip planning is a lot of work, but I know will be worth it in the end:)

Dolphin Resort  

Thumper14

I order my vacation package through Costco Travel the end of January. I have Will Call tickets, that I was able to link in MDE. I was told I need to go to the Ticket windows to pick up my RFID cards, aka Magic Cards, which are the new park tickets. In addition, I can buy a Magic Band at the Epcot International Gateway for $12.95 and have it linked to my tickets in MDE. I cannot use the RFID cards, or MB to access my Swan room or charge to my credit card. But I can use it for FP+, park entrance, EMH and Memory Maker. That is all that matters!

Did I confuse you more?

I need a Disney PhD!  

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We were planning on purchasing tickets on the WDW site. Do you know if they are linked right away or once they are mailed to you, you have to link them then? This trip planning is a lot of work, but I know will be worth it in the end:)

Dolphin Resort  

If you buy your tickets from Disney's website, you will have the opportunity to link them to a MDE user account during the checkout process (or immediately after, I don't remember exactly)

I have an AP, but had to buy a 5day PH for my mom or our trip next week, and even though it's a will-call ticket, I was able to link it to her right away and start making FP+ for us

SnowWhite71

I order my vacation package through Costco Travel the end of January. I have Will Call tickets, that I was able to link in MDE. I was told I need to go to the Ticket windows to pick up my RFID cards, aka Magic Cards, which are the new park tickets. In addition, I can buy a Magic Band at the Epcot International Gateway for $12.95 and have it linked to my tickets in MDE. I cannot use the RFID cards, or MB to access my Swan room or charge to my credit card. But I can use it for FP+, park entrance, EMH and Memory Maker. That is all that matters!

Did I confuse you more?

I need a Disney PhD!  

No you've made total sense! I'm so glad it all is working out! I agree on the PhD!! That is so true;)

SnowWhite71

If you buy your tickets from Disney's website, you will have the opportunity to link them to a MDE user account during the checkout process (or immediately after, I don't remember exactly)

I have an AP, but had to buy a 5day PH for my mom or our trip next week, and even though it's a will-call ticket, I was able to link it to her right away and start making FP+ for us

Thank you for the help! This helps a lot.

nowsheflies

This is a little off topic but I guess still no word for Shades of Green guests? I know we can make our reservations 30 days with other off site guests but I was hoping if the Swan and Dolphin eventually qualified for the 60 days so would SoG. Of course a lot of SoG guests wait to buy their tickets at the resort for the military discount so the best we really could do would be making them all from the resort from our phones right before we went into the parks....

Disneypartyof5

Does SoG have the Disney perks too? I know when Starwood took over they had an agreement with Disney for certain perks like transportation and EMH. I think that's the only reason why the Swan and Dolphin still have them.

nowsheflies

Yeah, SoG also gets EMH and transportation, that's why I was thinking they'd get any FP+ perks that the Swan and Dolphin did but with the military tickets having to be bought at the resort that's a snag the others don't have to worry about. I think my family may just purchase regular tickets in advance so we can reserve at the 30 day mark.

Disneypartyof5

Yeah, SoG also gets EMH and transportation, that's why I was thinking they'd get any FP+ perks that the Swan and Dolphin did but with the military tickets having to be bought at the resort that's a snag the others don't have to worry about. I think my family may just purchase regular tickets in advance so we can reserve at the 30 day mark.
Try calling the SoG, maybe they might have some info on it. We always buy our tickets through mousesavers/undercovertourist.

kenny279

dolphin.JPG

The Swan an Dolphin are a bit different than SOG. You can book the Swan or Dolphin on the Disney website as part of a package (can't do hotel only). That is most likely the reason it is getting the WDW Resort Fastpass+ IMHO. I didn't see where you could book SOG on the Disney site. I could be wrong, but that is my primary guess. I also may be wrong, but if I remember right from Disney War, Disney owns the property just does not manage the hotel due to some compromise to a dispute with Eisner and a development group who were promised a convention hotel in the area by the former CEO.

Thumper14

I was finally able to link my Swan reservation. They had to give me an alternative confirmation number so the MDE could recognize it. I am soooo ready to go. I now like the option of buying a Magic Band once I arrive. Now I can choose the color and coordinating Bandits and sliders. As my husband reminded me, you pay $12.95 or more for a pin! Which I buy tons of each time I visit.

Resort, ADR, FP+, Memory Maker and tickets are all linked!  

jrlbc06

Anyone from Swan or Dolphin able to make a Be Our Guest lunch fastpass plus? I'm bringing my mom and we're staying there and she is desperate to eat at BOG but my confirmation number isn't working on the BOG lunch FP+ website.

SnowWhite71

I noticed today that the dates for FP+ only extends 30 days out from today so even if I was at 60 days today the site wouldn't allow me to reserve anything. The dates are greyed out:( anyone else notice this for swan/dolphin???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom