Walt Disney World of Yesteryear......what would you want back??

Main Street USA

- Horizons
- JII
- Old Spaceship Earth w/ Walter Cronkite and old ending
- WoM (just wish they could have added TT somewhere else)
- SkyWay
- Old Peoplemover
- CoP
- 20,000 Leagues
- MR. TOAD!!!!!!!
- Boats at AK (I forget what they were called, they were only there for a few months)

I know I'm missing some but I think thats enough.

Brer Bear

Mr. Toad

Hopefully I won't get killed for this but I don't think Mr. Toad was that great of ride and I don't miss it all that much. The Pooh ride I think is a good substitute. I will say one thing though I think the Sleeping Beauty ride is dreadful. You go the whole ride and only get a glimpse of her in the beginning and at the end. It should be called the 7 dwarf ride. :king:

TheDisneyBoy

Original Poster
Signs in EPCOT Center

The last time I was down (Aug/Sept of 2001) there still were signs pointing to the rides with those cool futuristic symbols! They are so neat! Actually, when I was down at Christmas 2001, they were putting new ones up. Another interesting note, they recently replaced the electronic signs near the bus port in front of the park. They are BRAND NEW, yet they sport the ever so cool EPCOT Center logo. you know, the five rings joined together thing. So....signs of our old and beloved EPCOT Center are still there.....you just have to look closer as time goes by.

"...Yes, E.P.C.O.T. IS an acronym!!!" -- Me arguing with EPCOT Guest Relations people

NowInc

Re: Signs in EPCOT Center

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
The last time I was down (Aug/Sept of 2001) there still were signs pointing to the rides with those cool futuristic symbols! They are so neat! Actually, when I was down at Christmas 2001, they were putting new ones up. Another interesting note, they recently replaced the electronic signs near the bus port in front of the park. They are BRAND NEW, yet they sport the ever so cool EPCOT Center logo. you know, the five rings joined together thing. So....signs of our old and beloved EPCOT Center are still there.....you just have to look closer as time goes by.

"...Yes, E.P.C.O.T. IS an acronym!!!" -- Me arguing with EPCOT Guest Relations people

The old logos and such are being dug up since this year is epcots 30th anniversary...

Lhriangel

Re: Re: Signs in EPCOT Center

Originally posted by NowInc

The old logos and such are being dug up since this year is epcots 30th anniversary...

30 Anniversary of MK... Epcot will be 20 on Oct 1st, 2002. *sighs* I wonder if they will do ANYTHING nice for it....

NowInc

Re: Re: Re: Signs in EPCOT Center

Originally posted by Angelique

30 Anniversary of MK... Epcot will be 20 on Oct 1st, 2002. *sighs* I wonder if they will do ANYTHING nice for it....

Ewps ;)

goonsquads57

When I was a kid, my family went to Disneyland in 1968 and for some reason, I never went on 20,000 leagues under the sea. By the time my own family got to go to WDW, it had been removed. So i'd have to say i'd like that to be brought back. I also liked the skyway.

Dizknee_Phreek

i want Journey Into Imagination back...the original! And Image Works!
i want Horizons back...Epcot just isn't the same without either of these!
i want the old Adventureland back!
i want Nova Era (band at Italy) back!
i want 'Epcot' taken off of SSE!
i want the flower planters in front of SSE back!
i want the pizza and Pasta restuarant in Future World back the way it was when the pizza was rectangles!
the Mickey hat in front of the Chinese Theater is ok for now, but after the 100th celebration, i want the perfect view of the Theater back!

but thank God they gave me one wish! Thank God SpectroMagic is back!!! i was really missing that parade! but...i do kinda wish they'd bring the Surprise parade back for a little while. anyone remember that parade? i think it was for the 20th Anniv. *SIGH* childhood memories! :) so sweet to the soul!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by goonsquads57
When I was a kid, my family went to Disneyland in 1968 and for some reason, I never went on 20,000 leagues under the sea. By the time my own family got to go to WDW, it had been removed. So i'd have to say i'd like that to be brought back. I also liked the skyway.

oh yeah! almost forgot about 20,000 leagues! yeah, i want that back too!

NADisney

I would like to see :

1, Mr. Toads Wild Ride
2, The Mickey Mouse Revue
3, If You Had Wings
4, The Swan Boats
5, Mission to Mars
6, Horizons
7, SuperStar Television

:D :sohappy:

Rider

Re: Re: Re: Signs in EPCOT Center

Originally posted by Angelique

Turn it into a big pink, white, and yellow round cake.

susssssssshhh!! I didnt say that!!

James123

Account Suspended
Let's get real!

Don't be such old f a r t s. All of those old rides are just OLD. I can hardly wait until they junk It's a Small World. As you have noticed, the "security swear word checker" can't figure out spaces. So you can now say p e e d without regret. Or perhaps I should say... naw the 24/7 guy is watching...he he.

Leif

bring it back

I would deffinetly bring back the awsome MILLINNIUM VILLAGE!!!
not so much for it's rides or games and stuff, but for the cast members there!
the people who used to work there ARE the spirit of the village!
I used to work there myself (UN & Denmark)and I got to meet some the greatest people ever!
so what if the village wasen't very cool, but the people were!!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tigggrl

I loved the Millenium Village! The castmembers were so cool, and the atmosphere was awesome too. like walking into a whole other place. I wish they didnt have to close, just maybe rename it:(
Tig:animwink:

Dwarful

Skyway

I really miss the skyway...one of my favorites even as a child. But dont scrap Small World my children love that ride 5 & 2, besides it gives worn out parents a cool break. So its not popular with ever adult its a classic. of course my kids love CBJ too!

Debbie

I miss the old WDW before mass construction. When staying on property was really special because there weren't that many rooms built. And you HAD to book your room a year in advance. I miss alot of the old attractions and wish they could have kept them but added on the new attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom