Trip Report Walt Disney World October 2007(My 10th Birthday trip)(A Decade Old Trip Report?)

Well it's time to talk about my trip report from 2007, this will be my oldest that i'll make, because i can barely remember anything from my first trip, which was in 2005. Let's Get Started!
Day 1: October 21st, 2007: Epcot and My 10th Birthday
When we arrived at our resort, Port Orleans Riverside after a morning filled with a plane going from WB/S to Orlando, we kicked off this vacation with Epcot as we took a picture with Spaceship Earth(which was closed for changes on the attraction of course)which was the Food and Wine Festival that had the stars of Disney and Pixar’s newest(at the time)movie Ratatouille, and also the Mickey Wand hand was removed because of the changes for Spaceship Earth, but the first ride on the trip was the all-new(at the time)Seas with Nemo and Friends ride and saw Turtle Talk and not only we saw Crush, but we saw our good friend Dory(of course it would be another decade until we see a sequel to Finding Nemo), and then we all went inside The Land and went on Soarin’ for the first time, because the last time we went in 2005, it was not open because we were a week late for it. Then we saw the Circle of Life, it was about Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba talking about the Earth and it also teaches you about the environment. Then we went on my dad’s favorite attraction, Living with the Land. Then i wanted to see some friends so i went inside the(at the time)new Character Spot, that replaced the ever popular Characters on Holiday bus that had tons of characters, but in there you would have only had 5 spots with 6 friends to meet, in the order they appeared, Mickey Mouse, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Chip ’n’ Dale, and Goofy. Then we took a monorail to the Magic Kingdom resorts, because that day it was my birthday so we had dinner at the Contemporary resort’s Chef Mickey’s restaurant where we met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto. But it wasn’t a very happy birthday at all, as my Mom kinda got a tummy ache, but we won’t be talking about that because it’s family problems. So that was it for Day 1, hope you’ll stay tuned for Day #2 as we are headed to Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios to catch the Stars and Motorcars, watching a boring High School Musical show, and met a lot of new friends(some that i don’t even care for anymore)

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Well, The next day will be a very super long amount of words.
Day 2: October 22nd, 2007: Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios, So Lights, Camera, ACTION!, Tinseltown’s Aglow!
We got up from a long relaxing sleep as we’re going to Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios today, I Got my Tower of Terror shirt on because i was going on that ride later in the day. But we had to see a boring High School Musical 2 show which my older had to have a part at one part of the show, she danced, danced, and danced (it was just a TV movie(the first two), but the worst part was that the third movie was released onto theaters), it was pretty bad. But next i wanted to see some friends so i saw JoJo from JoJo’s Circus, but she went backstage and brought her pet lion, Goliath , and i met them of course, but Goliath couldn’t sign with his little lion paws so JoJo had to sign for him. The next two friends i met were from a show that i used to like(back then), now i totally regret meeting them they were from Little Einsteins and their names were a girl named June, who likes to dance like a ballerina, and a boy named Quincy, who likes to play his trumpet, but i don’t want to talk more about these two anymore, we’re moving on. After that we saw the Voyage of the Little Mermaid, of course it’s good just like the movie itself. Next we did was go inside the Magic of Disney Animation and catch the(at that time)newest stars of the Walt Disney Studios and Pixar Animation’s Ratatouille, but bad news we couldn’t get Emile, because he would be eating a lot more than Remy(his brother), so it was just Remy(voiced by Patton Oswalt in the movie) that i met. But anyways we couldn’t ride Toy Story Midway Mania, because it was under construction(at the time), so we went to Streets of America and had lunch at(the now re-themed) Pizza Planet and went inside the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area(that is now closed). Next i met Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc., but the only problem is that they can’t sign autographs, because their hands are big and their fingers don’t open. But anyways we got our spots for the ever-popular(but sadly retired few months later)parade that debuted in 2001, of course the name of it is the Disney Stars and Motorcars Parade!, the soundtrack came into my head as it sings “Roll Out the Red Carpet, Spotlight on a Dream!, Hip Hooray for Hollywood!, Where Stars are Born to Glitter and Gleam, Imagination and Illusion, Start Setting the Scene, For Making the Magic, Creating a classic on the silver screen, A Grand Ovation for Animation, for Make-up done Just right, Great direction creates perfection, On an opening night, Dressed in Music and Light, We’re Making Mem’ries at the movies, Where true love reigns supreme, and each tale of ‘Once Upon a Time’, Will ‘ever after’ shine a Spotlight on a Dream!”. Then the announcer says that Remy from Ratatouille is the parade that day, (not announced)with his brother Emile. Then the parade’s soundtrack gets back open with these words “So, Lights, Camera, Action!, Tinseltown’s aglow, Cheers for the Premier Attraction, Curtain Up and On with the Show!, Behind the Glitz, Glamour, and Grandeur!, It’s all more than it seems, To Make Movies more than Make-Believe, Make ‘em picture perfect, Shine a Spotlight on a Dream!”. The soundtrack would repeat for the rest of the parade. Then it finally came down the route that we watched it in between the Great Movie Ride and the(now removed)Sorcerer’s Hat. The sign came that says “Disney Stars and Motor Cars, Presented by Chevrolet.”. Emile from Ratatouille leads the parade with a chicken leg(that had one bite off), and the blue lead car, which normally houses the Grand Marshals, but has Remy from Ratatouille instead that day, because the movie was going to be out on DVD at the time. Then we now have the Grand Marshals of that day in a black cart. Finally the real fun has begun with the Green Army Men and Jessie leading the Toy Story unit with Buzz Lightyear and Sheriff Woody in a vintage car that looks like Andy’s Bed with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head on top of it. Next we all went on a Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins and Bert in their vintage car with not one, but two penguin waiters strolling along Hollywood Blvd. Next was everyone’s favorite, The Muppets with Kermit the Frog(Miss Piggy wasn’t there in the car that day)waving to the cheerful boys and girls, as Sweetums shakes hands to the guests! Now this next car was before Episode 7 even existed(and so were Rey, Finn, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma)there were some stars from Episodes 4-6, including R2-D2, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and of course(not Kylo Ren, but the next best thing)Darth Vader(who strolls near the car, who doesn’t interact with the guests, it would be a decade for a chance to meet Vader in person, until Kylo Ren took his spot). But anyways Mulan was next with two Chinese fighters and Mushu walking around near Mulan. But anyways Sulley and Mike from Monsters Inc. were next in a red car(which has a scream can on the rear of the car). Aladdin followed next as four dancers lead the way for Aladdin and Jasmine in a car that actually is the Genie which he turned into a vintage-like car. Right behind them we got the badies of the Disney kingdom, which are the Evil Queen(Snow White), Cruella De Vil(101 Dalmatians), Jafar(Aladdin), and Governor Ratcliff(Pocahontas) strolling around Hollywood Blvd., Ratcliff stopped and i took some pics of him, as the one who called shotgun, who was Hades(from Hercules) and he blew a kiss to me! OMG! this parade is so good! Next following them were the newer Disney stars of the big and small screens, Lilo & Stitch in a green and white Hawaiian style car, and had their surfboards and two palm trees to go along with their Hawaiian theme. Following Lilo and Stitch was the famous mermaid from Disney’s classic movie, The Little Mermaid, Ariel!, and joining her are Sebastian the crab and a few dancers. Next were the Japanese superheroes from Jetix(NO Not Yo-Kai Watch, that would be another decade until that show came out)the Power Rangers! as Gabrielle Huntington says “Hollywood! Join Us Today as a Dilemmatic Team of Stars, the defenders of the Universe, "The Power Rangers!”, and as Stone Granite says “Oh We’re Talking an all-star megaforce for some of the most exciting and powerful Power Rangers EVER!”, as in 2007 the Yellow Overdrive Power Ranger was the newest out of the Power Rangers bunch and joining her were, The Red Ranger from SPD, The Pink Ranger from Mystic Force, The White Ranger from Dino Thunder, and The Green Ranger from Ninja Storm(he almost shook my hand), and no i never got to meet any of them sadly. Next the Playhouse Disney unit with Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House(does anybody remember that show?)riding shotgun along with Treelo, Stanley, and Peanut and Jelly Otter, and don’t forget JoJo and Goliath are walking near Bear’s car. Lastly we came to Disney’s first animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in its own car with a golden apple on top of it, and Snow White herself is in the car and Dopey decided to take a little stroll around Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios. Finally the Big Cheese came, but we’ll say hi to Chip, Dale, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger too!(i was hoping for Lewis and Wilbur from Meet the Robinsons to join them as well, because their movie came out the same year), but enough of that, we see Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and guess who’s driving? Goofy!, and who’s bringing the rear, Pluto! That was the best parade i’ve seen at Disney World ever, it had a great soundtrack, very memorable cars, and that many characters in one parade, who remembers seeing this and which car was your favorite?(tell me down below), i give it an A+. After the Stars and Motorcars wrapped up, me and mom went on the ride of the day, The Tower of Terror, which is based off of one of my mom’s favorite shows, The Twilight Zone, i actually the ride was so good, it’s very thrilling and scary, as my mom thought it was disappointing to her. But next as my dad and sisters left the park, me and mom found some characters, i got in line for Lilo, but left before i even got to see her. But anyways i met Woody near the(now closed)Al’s Toy Barn Meet and Greet, Buzz was here but passed him, but the big story was(almost)seeing Lightning McQueen from the(at the time)newer Pixar movie Cars, but his line was like 30-40 minutes, because of how many kids were into Cars at that time. But anyways we missed him, and went back to our resort for the night, as i say it “That’s A Wrap!” Stay Tuned for Day #3 where we go to the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 3: Magic Kingdom(where Monsters, Aliens, Space Rangers, Tea Cups, Honey Pots, and Pirates rule)
This day started off at the Magic Kingdom, where me and my older sister met Pinocchio, but my little sister was still scared of costumed characters, but Pinocchio went on break for 5 minutes, but he came back out just as we were next. I Also wanted to meet Chicken Little, but they didn’t want to waste time so went onto Tomorrowland to catch the brand new(at the time) Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and of course it had to funny as heck! It was very funny of course! The next thing we did as the highly hated attraction, Stitch’s Great Escape. I Didn’t care if it’s panned, it was mediocre, and it's pretty underhated and so outdated(thank goodness rumors going around that a Wreck-It Ralph ride might replace it). So anyways we went on Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin and of course despite it being outdated, it’s still fun to score as many points. After Buzz, we had lunch at the always awesome looking Cosmic Rays restaurant with Sunny Eclipse(who is AWESOME!). Then we went on the Mad Tea Party, and went inside Mickey’s Towntoon Fair as me and mom rode the Barnstormer(which we would ride again nine years later). But anyways next thing we did was go inside Adventureland and ride the newer version of Pirates of the Caribbean with Captain Jack from the movies that were inspired by the ride. After that i met Captain Hook and Mr. Smee and it was such fun meeting them, but Mr. Smee’s costume is a bit weird, but Hook’s just right, and Hook actually signed by setting the autograph book on a barrel. After that i said hi to Peter and Wendy, but i didn’t actually meet them sadly. But after that we went back to the hotel room, and also went to(Downtown)Disney Springs for a night out shopping and dinner at (the now closed)McDonalds’ restaurant. Stay Tuned for Day #4, where we head down to Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours.

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 4: Disney’s Animal Kingdom(for Extra Magic Hours)
We started a little later than usual because we had Extra Magic Hours for Animal Kingdom, which when we arrived there me and my older sister met some friends near the front gates, including Baloo from The Jungle Book(1967), Terk from Tarzan(1999), and of course Rafiki from The Lion King. After that we went straight to our first attraction of the day, which was “It’s Tough to Be a Bug”, then we went inside the Theater of the Wild to see Finding Nemo: The Musical, which was a great musical show based off the classic Disney/Pixar movie. Next me and mom rode Dinosaur and i actually had my eyes closed the entire time!(BELIEVE IT OR NOT!), but the ride was still good. Also we didn’t do a lot at Animal Kingdom that day so we went back to the resort and it was getting dark outside, But stay tuned for Day #5, where we have breakfast at Cinderella’s Royal Table(thanks to my little sister)!

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 5: Magic Kingdom part 2(Breakfast at Cinderella Castle):
That morning, we woke up early to have breakfast at Cinderella Castle, of course when we arrived there, we had our pictures taken with the princess of the hour, Cinderella in the lobby inside the castle, i got her autograph and we all had a family picture with her. But anyways we went to our table and guess who came first?, Princess Aurora, who was my little sister’s favorite at that time, but my older sister doesn’t like her, but got in the picture anyways. Next was Belle in her blue village dress(not her yellow grown dress), and followed by(BELIEVE IT OR NOT)Mary Poppins!, she isn’t a princess, she’s a nanny from the classic Disney movie of the same name. But anyways the last princess to come around to our table is Snow White. That was not the end, i got a sword while my sisters got wishing stars and wands. After our breakfast was over we went over to Ariel’s Grotto(old version), but since the line was a little long, me and mom went on The Haunted Mansion(which just reopened from its summer refurbishment). But shortly after we finally met Ariel(in mermaid form)and i got her autograph, as my older sister didn’t want to use her autograph book. Before we left the Magic Kingdom, we met Chicken Little on Main Street U.S.A. and that pretty much settles for the one that started Walt Disney World out till next time. Later that night we went to(Downtown)Disney Springs and that’s just it. ;’)
Stay Tuned for Day #6 where we met a few new friends, rode Test Track for the first time, and it’s almost over(sadly)

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 6: Epcot: First Time Going around the World(Showcase)
We started a little later than usual again, as we took the bus to Epcot, and started the day off with Test Track, me and dad rode the attraction, and it was very awesome. Next we saw the Honey I Shrunk the Audience, it was alright, but it was surely an outdated 3D show. Next we went inside World Showcase and went straight to the United Kingdom area to meet our good Winnie the Pooh friends, Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore. Then we walked past France and then went to Morocco to meet the Genie from Aladdin, but he had Jasmine as well. But we walked though a few more countries, but i found Dopey in Germany, but his line was closed unfortunately so i didn’t meet him. Then we walked past the African area, then China, Norway, and Mexico and that was really it for World Showcase. Also that was really it for Epcot for this trip, now Stay Tuned for Day #7(The Last Day)where we head to Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios, to meet more stars, having lunch at the 50’s Primetime Cafe, and then we return home.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Day 7: Last Day, Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios AGAIN!
Well it was our last day on our trip, so we checked out of our room, but it wasn’t over we were heading to Disney(’s Hollywood)-MGM Studios again! The first thing we did was see the last of the two(OH MAN HERE IT COMES!) Little Einstein characters, and their names were Leo and his little sister Annie. Annie was in her blue overalls and green shirt(in season 1)and likes to sing. Her older brother, Leo has a baton who composes music. But anyways i(unfortunately)met them. But the next part was better, we went inside The Magic of Disney Animation and met Frozone from The Incredibles, by the way he stamps autographs just like Mr. and Mrs. Incredible(but they sign sometimes too anyways). But anyways we went to see Muppet-Vision 3-D(except Mom and Gwen)and of course as always funny, original, and sadly overlooked by fans. Then we got to meet two of the most popular(at the time)Disney Channel stars, Kim Possible and her sidekick/friend, Ron Stoppable. That’s right we were all into Kim Possible at that time and the show aired its final episode a month prior to this trip. Ron even knew my Cars shirt(that i used to have, that has Lightning Mcqueen, The King, Chick Hicks, and Doc Hudson), as for most characters they signed autographs. Also they were awesome and they were the last characters that we met on this trip. But next we had lunch at the 50’s Primetime Cafe and then we had to wrap up our visit to Hollywood(-MGM)Studios for this trip. Then finally a few hours later we went back home and we wouldn’t go back until a few years later.

Thank You for checking out my trip reports! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom