Walt Disney World Monorail system to operate on revised schedule from September 1

MaxsDad

Well, that's a bummer.

Do you think the resort beam will be clogged with non-resort guest between 8:30 and 9:30 am, while the express is not running? Being on the last stop before the MK, I would expect it to be quite crowded by the GF stop.

Figment2005

Well, that's a bummer.

Do you think the resort beam will be clogged with non-resort guest between 8:30 and 9:30 am, while the express is not running? Being on the last stop before the MK, I would expect it to be quite crowded by the GF stop.
That's a negative, guests are pointed towards the buses and ferry boats in the morning to avoid that happening.

TheRabbit

Well, that's a bummer.

Are you planning on riding the resort monorail a lot during that hour in September? lol I don't see it being much of an issue.

DVCPluto

I'm very curious to see how the automated system will work in real life. Any idea when this lengthy update is projected to be completed?

Kamikaze

walle_mo.jpg

Monorail is the preferred and expected mode of transportation to the park for the monorail resorts.

It may be, but not when it isn't operating. I'm sure the monorail resort guests will be able to get to the parks. If there is anyone Disney will make sure can get transportation, its the guests in those hotels.

Figment2005

walle_mo.jpg

It may be, but not when it isn't operating. I'm sure the monorail resort guests will be able to get to the parks. If there is anyone Disney will make sure can get transportation, its the guests in those hotels.
Correct, just like the last 3 months, if the monorail isn't operating, there are always busses operating.

ninjaprincesst

Mo

Monorail is the preferred and expected mode of transportation to the park for the monorail resorts.
No , but it makes it very difficult when you are staying at the Contemporary, you have a 7:35 adr, have to walk to the MK with a father who has mobility issues and then catch a bus to the Poly.

TheRabbit

No , but it makes it very difficult when you are staying at the Contemporary, you have a 7:35 adr, have to walk to the MK with a father who has mobility issues and then catch a bus to the Poly.
Why would you have to catch a bus from the MK to the Poly? They run one that goes from Contemp to Poly to Grand Floridian

shipley731

Taxi from Cont to Poly couldn't be more than $10. Much faster than trying to walk to MK then catching a bus. More comfortable as well.

wdw71fan

Flame me now... I often take the resort monorail, Not sure why it would matter. I shower, and I try to be polite. I didn't realize it was taboo....

it's not... the train stops at the TTC... if monocraft didn't want you using it for ttc, they wouldn't have a stop.

ninjaprincesst

Once again...you don't need to do either. Busses run from the Contemp to the Poly. ESPECIALLY if monorail is down.
My Dad has had a broken back and requires and ECV and that makes a taxi impossible, plus the point is you are staying at a resort that has monorail service as a perk, so you expect it to be working and you have already paid for this perk, plus they have had more than enough time to get this done already.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom