Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LindsayLoves

The merch still bewilders me. Don't want to have extra left after? Fine, do mail order. Have on in each size for try ons, then place another order and drop ship em. Or take a page from the pin/vinyl merch ordering system and do more pre-orders (With Pictures please!). Shouldn't be that hard.

The pre-order women's jacket was NOT CUTE. It was very 1980's pink/teal with a bit of sparkle. They did have those pre-ordered jackets leftover the morning of the marathon in the merch tent, which was not a surprise at all because they were tacky.

I love the idea of pre-orders with pictures. I bet they stay away from a system like that because they want people to wander and impulsively grab more stuff as they walk the aisles. And they know people will pre-order w/o pictures which can totally backfire, see above.

MiamiMatt01

Congrats to all of the Dopey finishers. Last year I was able to find a sortable google spreadsheet of the Dopey results, giving total times and letting you see where you would've come in if the Dopey was a competition. Has anyone found a 2015 version?

216bruce

Congrats to all of the Dopey finishers. Last year I was able to find a sortable google spreadsheet of the Dopey results, giving total times and letting you see where you would've come in if the Dopey was a competition. Has anyone found a 2015 version?
I'd love that but I might be afraid to look...

Texas84

Were you in corral A for the 5k/10k? With a a 32 minute 5k I think the buffer time between corrals might have shortened your wait tremendously. I was mid-pack in A and ran 38 minutes (that Chip and Dale line was lonnggggg) and ended up waiting about 20 minutes for a bus.

Corral C. But as I said I heard the AK line booing a bus that passed them then cheering when one pulled up. :D So maybe I did get there right when they cleared the buses.

WDWArchitectureGuy

If anyone's interested Runners world posted the ranked dopey results: http://rw.runnersworld.com/clean/dopey.html
Unfortunately there were a large number of Dopey runners who had bad chip timers on their 5K/10K bibs. I was one of them. At the end of the Full I was waiting for a bit while a couple of RunDisney staffers looked through finish line pictures to verify I completed those 2 races, and I do not appear in the list of Dopey finishers. :(

Mad Stitch

Unfortunately there were a large number of Dopey runners who had bad chip timers on their 5K/10K bibs. I was one of them. At the end of the Full I was waiting for a bit while a couple of RunDisney staffers looked through finish line pictures to verify I completed those 2 races, and I do not appear in the list of Dopey finishers. :(

I really don't get why they are doing this. Lets say someone missed the 5k, 10k, or half, wouldn't giving that person the challenge medal be the equivalent of giving a medal to someone who is swept?

Did they have the mat at the expo to test the chip timers? I was looking for it at the W&D expo but it wasn't there. I'd be upset if I was trying to BQ at the marathon and later found out my chip was defective.

LindsayLoves

Well that makes a lot of sense why the list of finishers is so short. With 7500-8000 registrants I was shocked that only 6387 people were listed, that would have been a huge amount of DNS or DNF

Kermit262

Thanks for the info - I didn't know this. My 5K time has over 40 minutes added to it because I dropped back to a slower corral to run with my wife, and the chip didn't register when I crossed the starting map. It's being reviewwd by runDisney.

WDWArchitectureGuy

Well and because I my chip timers aren't registered for the 5K or 10K my electronic finishers certificates only show that I completed the Goofy Challenge and not the Dopey. I have emails into RD to look into it.

Kermit262

Got a reply from runDisney that they agree with my analysys - my chip didn't register when crossing the starting mat, so they agreed to correct my time based on the starting Corral of the time I fell back to. They said the change in the official results will occur next week.

bfalgoust

I ran the half for marathon weekend, and my chip didn't work :( so I have no official time and can't find any pictures of me crossing the finish line. Guess that just means I'll have to try again next year :rolleyes:

WDWArchitectureGuy

I talked back and forth today with a very nice lady named Susan from Track Shack.

I was having a problem like lots of others were having where our chip timers did not register for the 5K or 10K. So I wasn't showing up as being a Dopey finisher.

I even had that problem when trying to receive my Goofy and Dopey medals after the marathon.

But with the help of MarathonFoto she was able to get my 5K finish line picture. And with the help of my garmin connect plus the bib numbers of 2 people I crossed the finish line with (that I found via MarathonFoto) she determined my 10K finish time. So now finally sometime this weekend I should appear in the list of finishers for the Dopey. Woo Hoo!

lukacseven

It looks like the marathon route will be changed with the news that the speedway is closing for "transportation improvements." Maybe they will bring back the early run through Epcot.

I was thinking the same thing - most logical to just revert back to the previous course, which also did not include WWOS. But...fun to think about the other possibilities. The course only needs to be extended by roughly a mile (give or take). Extend the run along Osceola Parkway to the east and create a turn-around? How about coming out of WWOS and continuing straight on Victory Way and entering DHS from the road across from Boardwalk entrance? or even enter the same spot you do now, but fromthe other direction? Hopefully, they are creative and don't just have you run around the new parking lot, or wind anymore through WWOS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom