Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

I did leave out 2 HUGE factors...

1. Money...obviously one is way more expensive
2. The early-morning wake-ups. Not really looking forward to 4 in a row, but hey, it comes with the territory. :D

Good luck to everyone registering today!! I'm guessing the 10K and 5K will fill first, followed by Goofy, then Dopey, then the half/full/ :)

LindsayLoves

@Ariel484 and @Kermit262 - My biggest concern about Dopey is four really early wake ups in a row. I had to do a lot of 3am starts at work this winter for snow and mentally and physically I was a mess, not sure I would handle it four days in a row (it could possibly get me into a pattern which would be good making the early wake ups less painful?).

LindsayLoves

Reasons for Dopey
1. Might as well tack it on if I'm doing Goofy, only 9.3 miles more
2. The price only keeps going up, it might be $600 by the time I want to pull the trigger.
3. All that sweet bling 6 medals > 3 medals

Kermit262

@Ariel484 and @Kermit262 - My biggest concern about Dopey is four really early wake ups in a row. I had to do a lot of 3am starts at work this winter for snow and mentally and physically I was a mess, not sure I would handle it four days in a row (it could possibly get me into a pattern which would be good making the early wake ups less painful?).
Now that there's a Starbucks in the Magic Kingdom, this shouldn't be a problem. :D

Texas84

What to do?? I am considering the Dopey Challenge for 2015 and am torn...... I have some issue with my right leg that makes running harder than it used to be. I keep plugging right along though. I have a marathon on my bucket list and what better race than a Disney race! My first 1/2 marathon was the Wine & Dine and it was awesome! My biggest "hurdle" for deciding on running a Disney marathon has been traveling expenses.... However, my DD has been accepted into the Disney College Program and will be checking in at Disney in just about 6 weeks... Guess when her scheduled departure date is? Well, it's January 7th, 2015..... So I guess that hurdle has been overcome..... Now comes a reality check on excuses. I think it's just plain fear or nerves............

I'm with @Ariel484. I would just do the marathon if it's your first. I did two before signing up for this Dopey.

LindsayLoves

Well I guess I am going Dopey! My registration is complete and I can say that was a very tense 10 minutes of my life, the RunDisney page got really glitchy a few minutes out and I was worried my active.com registration was going to error out with each click of the mouse. Whew!

FYI anyone registering today if you have the Disney Visa enter the first four numbers of your card and you will get $15 off.

Ariel484

Well I guess I am going Dopey! My registration is complete and I can say that was a very tense 10 minutes of my life, the RunDisney page got really glitchy a few minutes out and I was worried my active.com registration was going to error out with each click of the mouse. Whew!

FYI anyone registering today if you have the Disney Visa enter the first four numbers of your card and you will get $15 off.
Mwahahaha...welcome to the dark side. :D
Yep, you did it again. The runDisney site crashed on me and your link worked. Thanks! My sister and her daughter-in-law are running the 5K with me to start my Dopey. Just got them registered. :D
:D 5K with the ladies sounds fun!

Texas84

Ha! I was freaking out because I had to sign up two people. Was I supposed to click that 'Register someone else' button? I guessed right. :hilarious:

LindsayLoves

Mwahahaha...welcome to the dark side. :D

Thanks, the dark side indeed. Good thing this is on the Disney card that my husband does not see the bill for... He was expecting the $360 but not the $550, guess I will have to break it to him later.:inlove:

Also is it evil that I want to see the percentage bar filling up on the RunDisney site? Where is it?!

Ariel484

Thanks, the dark side indeed. Good thing this is on the Disney card that my husband does not see the bill for... He was expecting the $360 but not the $550, guess I will have to break it to him later.:inlove:
I handle that bill at our house too...:angelic:

Also is it evil that I want to see the percentage bar filling up on the RunDisney site? Where is it?!
I'm looking for the bar too! I guess nothing has hit 50% yet?!

Kermit262

Thanks @Ariel484 for posting those links. I couldn't get through the Run Disney site because it crashed, but using your links worked like a champ. I signed up for the Dopey and signed my wife up for the 5K. And of course I was listening to Disney park music during the entire process. :happy: Looking forward to running with other crazy Disney fans in January!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom