Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Ariel484

Can we all agree to pop back to this thread and post which race we were in and what our bib numbers/corral placement ended up being? I am really curious to figure out how this works.

Team effort?? :wave:

Mad Stitch

Can we all agree to pop back to this thread and post which race we were in and what our bib numbers/corral placement ended up being? I am really curious to figure out how this works.

Team effort?? :wave:

Sure thing Ariel. Until then here is some more information for you to chew on. My friend who registered 15 minutes after me has a number 11 below mine. So that eliminates the sequential method as you sign up. My brother who registered 2 days later is 36 numbers above me, so it isn’t alphabetical. We are all doing the half and estimated 3 hours to complete.

Texas84

My friend who registered 15 minutes after me has a number 11 below mine. So that eliminates the sequential method as you sign up.

It still could be somewhat sequential. The link between Active and RunDisney may not be real-time. So Active would send RunDisney a group of registrations and Disney would assign numbers, not necessarily in the order they were received by Active. But then I could be way over-thinking this. :D

I think they also reserve numbers for the top runners.

surfsupdon

Like I said, I signed up pretty late in the process when the race was at 89% full.....my bib number is 30566. I was in Corral A for Wine&Dine, so my time should have me towards the beginning, althought NOT elite, lol.

Any idea when we can sign our family up for text alerts?? Am I missing it on the Website or is it not up yet?

Ariel484

...Any idea when we can sign our family up for text alerts?? Am I missing it on the Website or is it not up yet?

I looked back in the W&D thread and it sounds like runners were able to sign up on the website about a week before the race...hopefully that is the case this time around as well. It seems like it would be a mess with everyone trying to sign up at the expo, but maybe that's just me. :dazzle:

Disney Dawg88

It seems like it would be a mess with everyone trying to sign up at the expo, but maybe that's just me. :dazzle:

Actually it wasn't nearly as bad as you think . . . but I haven't signed up for the text alerts in at least two or three years. In the past, the computer stations where you go to sign up for the text updates are usually at the bottom of the main floor near stairs on one side of the expo. They were out of the way and you were able to enter in the information and move along quickly. There were about 10 - 15 of these from what I remember and the two years that I did it I didn't even wait more than a minute or two to do it. There weren't that many people signing up for them either, but like I said that was years ago that I did it. I don't remember where they were last year or if they even had them.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
At Wine & Dine, they had stations to set up for text alerts, and also to automatically post split times to your facebook account as you ran. They were in a small alcove near the exit.

dreamfinder

Until more people chime in it's hard to be sure, but it almost looks like they assigned the numbers in blocks based on the event. So A number of bibs for the full, B number of bibs for the full relay, C number of bibs for Goofy, and then D number of bibs for the half. And to avoid duplication of numbers, they run in sequence so A then B then C then D. I.E. 1-18,000, 18,001-20,000, 20,001-22,000, 22,001-35,000. Or however it breaks down. And then within each of those categories, they will seed by corral. So you could have a number in the A block, but still be in the same corral with someone from the B block and C block. Will make guessing your corral in advance a nightmare, but it's the only way I can think of them getting the relay, and the single bib for the Goofy to work. Color code the bibs, or maybe do different shapes like they did for the 5th Goofy. Some easy way to pick out the different types of runners.

Ariel484

Until more people chime in it's hard to be sure, but it almost looks like they assigned the numbers in blocks based on the event. So A number of bibs for the full, B number of bibs for the full relay, C number of bibs for Goofy, and then D number of bibs for the half. And to avoid duplication of numbers, they run in sequence so A then B then C then D. I.E. 1-18,000, 18,001-20,000, 20,001-22,000, 22,001-35,000. Or however it breaks down. And then within each of those categories, they will seed by corral. So you could have a number in the A block, but still be in the same corral with someone from the B block and C block. Will make guessing your corral in advance a nightmare, but it's the only way I can think of them getting the relay, and the single bib for the Goofy to work. Color code the bibs, or maybe do different shapes like they did for the 5th Goofy. Some easy way to pick out the different types of runners.

That's what I was trying to say a few posts back, but you worded it better than I did :eek:

ETA: Just went back through this thread and the "What did you do?" thread (someone's bored at work, eh? :D)...here's what we have so far, which supports what dreamfinder is saying above:

Full Bib #s

Goofy Bib #s

Half Bib #s

...maybe the relay bib #s are in between the full and Goofy #s? :shrug:

Figment82

I'm doing the full - didn't submit a time and put the full 7 hours as my estimated finish - and my number is 11173. My boyfriend signed up when I did and received 11176. Hope this helps!

Ariel484

I'm doing the full - didn't submit a time and put the full 7 hours as my estimated finish - and my number is 11173. My boyfriend signed up when I did and received 11176. Hope this helps!

Ooh, thanks! I'll update my list (guh, I am such a nerd)...:wave:

dreamfinder

...maybe the relay bib #s are in between the full and Goofy #s? :shrug:

I think the big question comes down to the numbers in each category. I saw on their facebook that someone in the half had a number in the 50,000. I also saw someone post that they were allowing 7,500 Goofy runners this year. That seems awfully high since it was capped at like 2,500 2 years ago. Looking over the total finishers last year, they only show about 14k full and 21k half. Not sure if that many more people registered but didn't finish, or if the Goofy runners aren't included in those numbers,

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My wife and I signed up together as well, and we have sequential numbers....but we are looking to run and finish in the same time.

Ariel484

I think the big question comes down to the numbers in each category. I saw on their facebook that someone in the half had a number in the 50,000. I also saw someone post that they were allowing 7,500 Goofy runners this year. That seems awfully high since it was capped at like 2,500 2 years ago. Looking over the total finishers last year, they only show about 14k full and 21k half. Not sure if that many more people registered but didn't finish, or if the Goofy runners aren't included in those numbers,

50k? That's really getting up there. I'll add that one to my list. I'm curious to know more about the relay/marathon capping...is the marathon capped at the same number and then the relay people are added in, or are the relay teams part of the marathon cap? :shrug:

Anyhoo...registration update from 12/13/11. I am really surprised that the half hasn't reached capacity yet.

Walt Disney World® Marathon - 98% Full
Walt Disney World® Marathon Relay - 98% Full
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon - 99% Full
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge - 99% Full
Disney Family Fiesta 5K featuring the Three Caballeros - 96% Full
Disney Kids' Races - 97% Full (some sold out)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom