Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

atrus79

In for Dopey #2 for myself and Castaway Cay 5k. It's a family affair this time ... the wife has the 5K, 10K and Castaway Cay 5K and both kids are running dashes (DS 200m, DD 100m)! Cannot wait ... time to kick training into gear!

Greenlawler

So happy I did not have to sweat the registration out this year with the return entry offer :) If It had not been for that offer I would nervously be walking back and forth to and from about four computers here in the office trying to get one through, one week from today.

psherman42

I am thinking with the cancellation of the half this year, the 25th Anniversary of the Marathon and the 5th Anniversary Dopey, it will sell out.
Why would what happened with the half make the full more popular? I am worried about the full because it's the 25th though. I guess I should register on Tuesday to be safe, but I probably won't be on right when registration opens.

Has anybody been able to register early with an AP? The benefits page seems to be gone..

ntrider

Why would what happened with the half make the full more popular? I am worried about the full because it's the 25th though. I guess I should register on Tuesday to be safe, but I probably won't be on right when registration opens.

Has anybody been able to register early with an AP? The benefits page seems to be gone..

I see ur point about how would the half affect the full. I guess how I was thinking was that the half will sell out fast as it always does. Since the full is the 25th I think there were many waiting for this year. As far as the Dopey and Goofy, I think there are many people that feel like they need to go back and complete these challenges since the half was cancelled. I am one of them. My plan was to only do the full next year but now I need to go finish the Dopey. I got an email end of January for early signup and was able to register already. I don't know why I received it though.

dreamfinder

The marathon doesn't usually fill, right? Or at least not immediately?

According to my handy dandy tracker here -> http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rundisney-race-availability-tracker.912442/
2017 - Didn't sell out until 1,500 people doing the half took runDisney up on their offer to do the full when the half was cancelled
2016 - Sold out approx 6 months in
2015 - Sold out approx 3 weeks in
2014 - Sold out approx 4 months in
2013 - Sold out approx 5 months in

2014 on they took 7,500 ish slots for the Dopey, so take that into account. This year may be a wild card. Its the 25th anniversary for the full, and the 5th for the Dopey. Anniversary years seem to sell out faster, but that data above would contradict that. The Dopey has sold out of the pre reg slots for DVC/AP. Not sure what sold out during the pre-reg they offered for the people who ran 2017.

I'd expect the 5k and 10k to sell out first, remember there are only 3,000ish spots in those left for grabs, a vast majority of the bibs are automatically taken for Dopey runners.

Greenlawler

Thanks! I was just thinking since I was so close... ;) I may just stay at BLT again.

We stayed at the Monorail resorts for about seven consecutive years. 2009-2015

We did this mainly for the monorail and because we were able to run for a charity that allows us to chose our own hotel as long as we raise enough money.

However we learned that taking the buses is just as, if not more convenient on Marathon weekend. The walk from the finish line of the races to the monorail is brutal, especially after the full.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2016, and Boardwalk in 2017, and enjoyed the convenience just as much. I would think BW would be great and the access to Epcot is amazing. Our only gripe with Boardwalk was being on the actual Boardwalk, it was loud at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom