Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

dreamfinder

Just for historical purposes. Hanging out in the queue now to see statuses.

Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna®

• $560
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna®
  • $365
Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna®
  • $180
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna®
  • $180
Walt Disney World® 10K presented by Cigna®
  • $110
Walt Disney World® 5K presented by Cigna®
  • $65
runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go
  • Dashes – $20
  • 1-Mile Run – $30
Disney Castaway Cay Challenge*
  • $70*
* A reservation on the January 9, 2017 Disney Dream 4-Night Bahamian Cruise is required in order to participate. Disney Cruise Line availability for the January 9, 2017 is limited. It is recommended that you register for your Disney cruise PRIOR to registering for the Castaway Cay Challenge. If your Disney Castaway Cay Challenge spot is forfeited for any reason, the race fee is non-refundable. Please refer to Disney Cruise Line for cruise refund policies.

Race Retreat Packages

• $120 Half Marathon Package
  • $120 Full Marathon Package
  • $230 Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge Package
  • $230 Dopey Challenge
Runner's World VIP Registration Package Fees
  • Dopey Challenge - $1,150

dreamfinder

Does that mean they're sold out? I have a friend that wants to get in.

Your friend needs to be constantly watching/refreshing. It means they are on their way to selling out. To avoid overselling the event, they will put new registrations on hold until everyone currently trying to register finishes or times out, and then they re-assess the numbers, see how many are left, and then should re-open registration to fill those slots. In the DVC/AP pre-reg I saw the 10k and 5k open back up twice, but each time it was only for a very short period of time (less than a minute). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they officially switch to SOLD OUT by 1 PM Eastern.

Flippin'Flounder

Your friend needs to be constantly watching/refreshing. It means they are on their way to selling out. To avoid overselling the event, they will put new registrations on hold until everyone currently trying to register finishes or times out, and then they re-assess the numbers, see how many are left, and then should re-open registration to fill those slots. In the DVC/AP pre-reg I saw the 10k and 5k open back up twice, but each time it was only for a very short period of time (less than a minute). I wouldn't be at all surprised if they officially switch to SOLD OUT by 1 PM Eastern.
Thank you.

Greenlawler

so frustrating been trying to get into the 10k refreshing constantly.

I got me into Dopey, Wife into 5K and Half but system kicked me out before I could get into 10

dreamfinder

Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna®
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna®
Walt Disney World® Marathon presented by Cigna®
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna®
Walt Disney World® 10K presented by Cigna® - Sold Out
Walt Disney World® 5K presented by Cigna® - Sold Out
runDisney Kids Races presented by GoGo squeeZ® Applesauce on the Go
Disney Castaway Cay Challenge
Race Retreat Packages
Runner's World VIP

Greenlawler

Been on the phone with run Disney for an hour. Was told a glitch a kicked me off of the registration, and basically "get over it". I am beyond furious. I sat here for over an hour hitting refresh, each time the event came back "open" the spot was gone before I could even hit submit.

Now I am hold with Active and have been for another 30 minutes so far.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom