Walt Disney World Christmas Parade Taping

asianway

Well, it looks like it may not even air on Christmas morning. That in itself is a big change. So much for even calling it a parade. It is not only an infomercial, but now a series of infomercials throughout November and December.

And don't say that they cannot do a live parade. Ask NBC and Macy's about that. RIP a nice Christmas day backdrop, even though it had starting dying a slow death (into infomercial world) all along anyway.
Wait. What? Missed that part

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I really miss the type of finales the Christmas Parade showings used to be. One year a choir came up on the stage and sang "Joy The World" and suddenly the hosts and various Disney characters show up and start dancing to the music. Another year had the guests singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" then it would show guests at Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disneyland singing the same sing in there native language. I think these occurred back in 2004,2005, and 2006.

The 'Before Iger' era...

dvitali

Any chance that they might do a live webcast of MVMCP at night to make up not taping the parade in magic Kingdom? My dream is one year they will do the whole Christmas Show at night in Florida on Christmas Eve with daylight portions in Califorida.

Bolt

Well, it looks like it may not even air on Christmas morning. That in itself is a big change. So much for even calling it a parade. It is not only an infomercial, but now a series of infomercials throughout November and December.

And don't say that they cannot do a live parade. Ask NBC and Macy's about that. RIP a nice Christmas day backdrop, even though it had starting dying a slow death (into infomercial world) all along anyway.
To be fair, the word parade hasn't been in the title the last three years, it's just what it's still called because of the past.

tl77

Hopefully this series of Holiday TV specials will show off some of the night time festivities at the parks, I miss the Park specials of the past, and these Travel Channel infomercials that run on cable are getting a little old

I re-read the link and it says the parade will only be taping in CA not FL. FL will only get the sing and dance from all 4 parks

Filming will take place from November 9 - 13 2016 at all four Walt Disney World theme parks. The parade itself will be filmed exclusively at Disneyland, with Disney World hosting stage show performances.

VJ

So it's my understanding that there will be Christmas specials throughout November from Walt Disney World, and the actual Christmas parade (on Christmas Day?) will be filmed at Disneyland? There's really not enough info here for my taste. It's too vague.

brb1006

Because its Christmas parade is lousy and outdated compared to the current MVMCP parade in Florida, and even that is a shadow of the MVMCP parades in the early–mid 2000s, which were 20+ minute spectacles featuring four live bands and a massive paddleboat.
Maybe they might create a brand new Christmas Parade close to the year 2020.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because its Christmas parade is lousy and outdated compared to the current MVMCP parade in Florida, and even that is a shadow of the MVMCP parades in the early–mid 2000s, which were 20+ minute spectacles featuring four live bands and a massive paddleboat.

And the MVMCP's in the early years had far fewer tickets sold, Started at 9 and had far more entertainment and were $30 bucks max, Compare that to Mickeys Very Merry Cash Grab of today.

brb1006

Yes it was always up there with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as a Must Do on Christmas Day
I still remember always looking forward to seeing the parade annually after I opened my Christmas presents. I always taped the parade each year since they always brought out something new and didn't have to many performances but just the right amount. I still remember the 2003/2004 one since the voice actor for Koda was singing the theme to Brother Bear with the two main characters on one float.

prberk

I still remember always looking forward to seeing the parade annually after I opened my Christmas presents. I always taped the parade each year since they always brought out something new and didn't have to many performances but just the right amount. I still remember the 2003/2004 one since the voice actor for Koda was singing the theme to Brother Bear with the two main characters on one float.

Yes, and some of the stars actually sang from the floats, just like in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I remember Sandy Patti doing that on one of the last live versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom