Walt Disney World 1966 - Vol. I

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So here's Blue sky attraction plans for the World Center Boardwalk - Thought everyone may like an update....:cool: :bookworm:

Mexico - Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean style El Rio del Tiempo attraction
Brazil - "Pull the Lever Kronk" Simulator
Morocco - Circlevision-ish show
Egypt - Alien-Encounter Style attraction inside a Pyramid with Egyptian Gods/Mummies
South Africa - Train attraction that takes guests to the WDW Wildlife reserve.
Jordan - Indiana Jones attraction uncovering history from the City of Petra Walkthrough. (Much better version of Poseidon's Fury at Islands)
Greece - Dark ride attraction featuring the Muses from Hercules explaining heroes in Greek Culture.
Italy - Maelstrom/Everest hybrid attraction through Italian history.
Germany - Brother's Grimm Cove - Kids play area/flat rides.
United Kingdom - Welsh Dragon E-Ticket attraction
Norway - Norse Mythology Coaster
France - Attraction of riding a retro Scooter vehicle down the streets of France, later revised with Ratatouille Characters.
Spain - @tcool's stuff. Nuff said.
Japan - Myth and Folklore Maze
India - Jungle Book Style Show
Thailand - New Style Circlevision
China - Mushu and the Quest for the Lemon Tree Mulan dark ride
Russia - Circlevision with AAs
Australia - Nemo the Musical.
South Pacific - Moana Attraction
Canada - Kali River Rapids style ride and a Exploration area
First Nations - Circlevision with Projections, Effects, and AAs.
America - Chillis National Treasure - Indiana Jones Adventure style attraction

spacemt354

Chili's
So here's Blue sky attraction plans for the World Center Boardwalk - Thought everyone may like an update....:cool: :bookworm:

Mexico - Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean style El Rio del Tiempo attraction
Brazil - "Pull the Lever Kronk" Simulator
Morocco - Circlevision-ish show
Egypt - Alien-Encounter Style attraction inside a Pyramid with Egyptian Gods/Mummies
South Africa - Train attraction that takes guests to the WDW Wildlife reserve.
Jordan - Indiana Jones attraction uncovering history from the City of Petra Walkthrough. (Much better version of Poseidon's Fury at Islands)
Greece - Dark ride attraction featuring the Muses from Hercules explaining heroes in Greek Culture.
Italy - Maelstrom/Everest hybrid attraction through Italian history.
Germany - Brother's Grimm Cove - Kids play area/flat rides.
United Kingdom - Welsh Dragon E-Ticket attraction
Norway - Norse Mythology Coaster
France - Attraction of riding a retro Scooter vehicle down the streets of France, later revised with Ratatouille Characters.
Spain - @tcool's stuff. Nuff said.
Japan - Myth and Folklore Maze
India - Jungle Book Style Show
Thailand - New Style Circlevision
China - Mushu and the Quest for the Lemon Tree Mulan dark ride
Russia - Circlevision with AAs
Australia - Nemo the Musical.
South Pacific - Moana Attraction
Canada - Kali River Rapids style ride and a Exploration area
First Nations - Circlevision with Projections, Effects, and AAs.
America - Chillis National Treasure - Indiana Jones Adventure style attraction
What will be the opening day line-up?

spacemt354

Chili's
Sorry I'll let Guardians take over El Rio de Tiempo.... Boom Fixed :cool:
maxresdefault.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Taking a little longer than expected - but basically what I'd like to have up is a layout of all the rooms in the hospital, and a map of where it might be, and the campus it would be in affiliation with (Disney University)

Here's a general look at the kind of thing I'm working on now. Once I have this, all the descriptions will come much easier because I'll have something to work off of.
Cape-Cod-Hospital-Map.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Mexico Attraction
El Rio del Tiempo - Part 1

Attraction - E-Ticket

0150d92e3d4a8c5f64a6c3d766d0611c.jpg

Guests walk through the streets inside the Mexico Pavilion, in what seems to be during a sunset, where they follow a small street pathway to a wharf hosting many older boats from Mexico. This is also where the load/unload for the attraction is located.

tethered-boats-in-the-harbour-of-the-old-port-in-the-city-of-bizerte-in-tunisia-293035904.jpg

Much like the one in the picture above, Guests are soon loaded into boats and launched out of the dock. Guests will then slowly move past a spectacular backdrop of Mexico City at Sunset in the center of the Pavilion, into a mysterious cave that resembles the Cave of Crystals in Chihuahua, Mexico.

1e883d0b80afcfc91ad4d119e518e0e2.jpg

Going through the cave guests see bats above and fins of large Marlin fish jumping in the water.

Bats.jpg

fishing.jpg

Turning a corner, guests see a band of explorers doing research on giant crystals...On directly the other side of the explorers are more giant crystals, that seem to be changing to the colors of green red and white.

c7de719c4e9e0a0c6724aeb183fc12ba.jpg

As guests go deeper into the cave, they start to notice Ancient Aztec markings and skeletons....
mexican-art-detail-of-carving-round-stone-cuauhxicalli-museo-de-anthropologia-abx858.jpg

Tokyo-Disneyland-Spring-2013-0275-640x462.jpg

Guests then see a Covered wall with markings of Aztec scripts, blocking the boat and looking at the Aztec Calendar above guests head.
16041682106_88c6c84feb_b.jpg

The face in the center immediately comes to life by "magic" projections. It then says, "You seek the wonders of this land, come through the gates of the past and discover the true riches of Mexico." The wall of Aztec markings then then opens as a door and the boat enters.

Soon, Guests feel the Boat climbing up a lift as water projections on either side (Using the Pirates Davy Jones mist effect in the Pirates Caves) start depicting traditional Aztec Dances.The talking Aztec Calendar, now our narrator, states: "Bienvenido a los albores de nuestro país, Welcome to the Mexico of Ancient Times.."

As guests slowly make a turn in the boat, they start to see Aztec animatronics building structures and living in their previous glory days in Mexico at the height of their civilization.

"Centuries ago, a great civilization of the Aztecs flourished in Mexico. This culture provided remarkable scientists, mathematicians and builders of magnificent temples."

This scene can be compared to some of the scenes in Spaceship Earth, as they turn into the next showroom scene.

Click here for Part 2

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Thank you sir. Now where shall Dobby begin? :bookworm: Of course, the backstory; lots of great attractions and restaurants and hotels is having wonderful backstories.
April 6th, 1870
One year after the Transcontinental Railroad, America's territory was becoming larger and larger as people move west. One so family were the Vapetram family; Harrison Vapetram; father of Edmund Vapetram, and owner of the Vapetram Mineral Co.; Edmund Vapetram; son of Harrison Vapetram and company's designer for mining equipment. They were moving to Wyoming; which was discovered by American settlers as early as 1807; where Yellowstone National Park is now; though it wouldn't become a state until 1890 . The Yorks were traveling to southwestern Wyoming; where rumors of rare and valuable minerals were found; most claims being of gold and silver nuggets (which were found in areas near Wyoming). Sadly for the Vapetrams, there was no gold or silver to be found; but Harrison found a shard of jade ore in his boot's heel whilst hiking in a seemingly dry mountain basin , and thus Shardton was formed. In August 4th of that same year, something strange happened. The mountain; which was known as Vapetram Peak; "leaked" water, and formed a horseshoe river and a couple of lakes. A couple days later, the "leaking" stopped, and jade was discovered in the river's bottom, so assuming that the jade came from the mountains, Harrison Vapetram decided to set up some camps on the mountain ledges, and build a mine where a cave out occurred where the mountain meets the newly formed river. Edmund Vapetram saw that moving mining equipment up the mountain and trying to build a mine where a cave out near a river occurred would be too much a hassle, so he devised two machines; one would lift boats (full or empty) up and down the mountain, the other would be a drivable drill that would first arrive on a boat, then drill through rocks and ore to cut shafts through the mountain. Everything went smoothly as planned; not counting the drill's boat sinking due to its overweighted load; however, five years later things would only get worse for the Vapetram Mineral Co. that would cause it to "sink" into obscurity. But until then, Dobby must rest, as Dobby comes up with new ideas for Vapetram Peak.
May 12th 1875
Five years, one month, and five days after the discovery of Jade, was the discovery of the very thing the Vapetrams were after; gold; but it was also the death of Harrison Vapetram, when he was bitten by a rattlesnake and plummeted to his doom that same day when gold was found in the northwestern side of the mountain, and it was the day when the Vapetram's luck turned. When Edmund Vapetram became head of Vapetram Mineral Co., he didn't do what his father did when he was still alive; he didn't rationalize his ore supply. You see; when Harrison was still alive, he planned how much ore would be mined in the caverns, however, his son; and many workers; saw this as a waste of time and money, but now gold fever was aroused and this was quickly forgotten. Soon Edmund used his steampunk knowledge and dug a canal to connect the existing river to where the gold was found, built a railroad that ran from Shardton to the various mining camps, and even built a gondola lift system from town to the gold mining site, just across the canal. Then, nearly a year later, the mines camps at many places started getting crowded from those who moved from older mining camps, townsfolk left for better places, machinery were left in abandonment; the Vapetram Mineral Company was going bankrupt. Desperate to keep his town and company alive, Edmund only made matters worse by telling his mining employees to dig deeper into the mountains, but work was slow because people were leaving, so Edmund decided his best option; his only option; was to build a mobile drill twice the size of his original prototype. Then on October 31st, 1875, a disaster struck the mountain and neighboring towns. As Edmund drill deep into the heart of the mountain, geysers long thought to be dormant erupted, rivers were carved downwards to the bottom of the mountain and completed a path when a cave collapsed and carved its way to where the canal was built, machinery toppled down the mountainside, buildings in Shardton collapsed when the "main river" carved its way through, and the drill; and Edmund Vapetram; were no more.
Pnph2.gif

Two-thirds of the way done. The story is complete, but soon we shall explore Shardton and Vapetram Peak!

spacemt354

Chili's
My second year of College starts tommorow. I will still be checking out these threads for what new ideas I can come up with. But depending on the day I might be pretty busy. I still haven't forgotten about the indoor and outdoor concept art for the bunny burrow indoor and outdoor meet and greet of Thumper,Miss Bunny, and Thumper's sisters from last month @MonorailRed.
Good luck in college brb!

DlpPhantom

My second year of College starts tommorow. I will still be checking out these threads for what new ideas I can come up with. But depending on the day I might be pretty busy. I still haven't forgotten about the indoor and outdoor concept art for the bunny burrow indoor and outdoor meet and greet of Thumper,Miss Bunny, and Thumper's sisters from last month @MonorailRed.
Good luck /have fun?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom