Walt Disney World 1966 - Vol. I

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Vacation Kingdom Resort & Spa - Part IV - Pool & Recreation

Pools
mediterranean-pool.jpg

There are three pools at this resort, one being the Royal Grotto, the quiet, indoor pool at the Resort for Adults. This area consists of 3 hot tubs and a small, quiet zero entry pool.

780x463-072616_summer-water-series-resort-pools_6.jpg

The other indoor pool is the "quiet pool' of the resort, it was originally themed to Marble Representations of Fantasia in the early years of opening. However, in the Early 1990s it was re-named King Triton's Pool and themed with elegant murals and statues based on the hit film due to it's success.

512bb63968effda1270c051765460eaa.jpg

The final pool is the only outdoor pool, and the largest. It is named Enchanted Grove Pool and is themed to a Royal Floridian-German Fusion Gardens of the Resort. This pool includes one waterslide, one kiddie pool area with a watertower kid zone area, a zero entry sand bottom pool near a man-made beach, and a small lazy river. Poolside Cabanas are also available for rental.

The man-made beach was the world's first Infinity Beach. Similar to an infinity pool, this beach overlooks the man made Lagoon with several beach-y tiers, to make it look like it's actually right by the water.

The hotel also features a Tennis Court, Basketball court, Volleyball Court, Arcade, Movie Under the Stars, In-Room Celebrations, Campfire, Wi-Fi, Childcare Services, Business Center and viewing of the Vacation Kingdom Water Pageant.

Transportation included with this Resort: Magical Express, Busses, Boats, and PeopleMover. Woodland Parking Garage and Valet Parking is also available.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Progress City:D

I'm sending you to work on the Children's Hospital then :p

Are we still doing a park for each of the magic kingdoms lands?

Yep!

I'm thinking our Magic Kingdom is like... The "Progress City" of Theme Parks, it's the park that keeps changing. While the other parks may get new things, they mostly get long term favorites that are tested in the Magic Kingdom Park.

For Example, a 7 year test for Space Mountain goes well at the Magic Kingdom park, so they build a massive version at the Tomorrowland park and use the new found space for a new attraction at MK. :bookworm::D

spacemt354

Chili's
Tall Tales of the Frontier

Join the pioneers as you leave the safety of civilization to journey to the untamed west in search of new lands to settle. The path is fraught with hardships, but along the way you will meet some of the greatest American folk heroes who, through their courage and hard work, not only blazed the trail for you, but entertained a whole generation with their exploits. As you ride along in your wagon train, you will meet Johnny Appleseed planting his apple trees that seem to grow faster than than he can plant them, Pecos Bill riding a twister like a bucking bronco while Calamity Jane looks on, John Henry pounding away at the railroad spikes faster than any man - or machine, and in the distance, Paul Bunyan and Babe, his blue ox, leveling a whole forest in one mighty swing. As you reach your journey's end, don't forget to look back at those bigger than life folk heroes as they wave good bye and wish you luck out there on the frontier. Can't get enough tall tales; then head over to Pecos Bill's Tall Tale Inn & Cafe for more outlandish stories and good grub!
Figment's as well - I'm curious to see what this would look like fleshed out:D

spacemt354

Chili's
Davy Crockett’s Wild Frontier

In this attraction, at the crossroads of Frontierland and Adventureland, guests climb into buckboard-style vehicles for a dark ride exploring the wild frontier of Davy Crockett featuring audio-animatronic likenesses of Fess Parker as Crockett and Buddy Ebsen as his friend, George Russell. Accompanied by the music of The Ballad of Davy Crockett, experience the tale of America’s most famous frontiersman, as we travel past his Tennessee birthplace to the scene of a young Davy confronting a b’ar (bear) when “he was only three.” Explore his frontier days featuring buffalo herds, confronting pirates masquerading as Indians, dramatic keel boat races, and in a scene rivaling the Hall of Presidents, witness Davy’s time in Congress. The climactic scene leads us to the Alamo, where Crockett takes his last stand, and we exit the ride past a giant Texas flag to a gift shop where we can continue our adventure with the purchase of a coonskin cap.
And I gotta say this one literally feels like a real attraction:D It would fit in so nicely here OvertheHorizons if you want to use it in this thread for the re-imagined Magic Kingdom!

Heck, everyone did a good job with these E-tickets I can picture them all

@Voxel can you help, was there ever a Davy Crockett attraction?

DlpPhantom

And I gotta say this one literally feels like a real attraction:D It would fit in so nicely here OvertheHorizons if you want to use it in this thread for the re-imagined Magic Kingdom!

Does the Davy Crockett explorer canoes count?

Voxel

President of Progress City

Beyond the cannoes no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom