Walt Disney World 1966 - Vol. I

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Had a brilliant idea for some resorts today...

YachtBeach66_zpsw0le9uw1.png

So I put Fort wilderness (Now themed to Arches national park), Wilderness Lodge, Mineral King Ski Lodge, Indoor Ski Center, and Blizzard Beach all around a giant man-made mountain scenic resort cluster. A Snow-y Skyway connects the winter resorts while a train connectes FW and Wilderness Lodge.

Western River Expedition/River Country Park is near FW.

WL has cabins facing the water. Fort Wilderness includes indoor cave camp sites inside some mountain structures for campers visiting during hurricane, rainy, and winter seasons.

Yacht Club and Beach club are connected via a giant Grand Floridian sized lobby. The Lobby features a glass wall facing the lake for spectacular views of the beach. Similar to WL's indoor geyser, the Lobby here will have waves coming out into the ocean. I made a giant convention center/BoG sea style ballroom inside a giant lighthouse as well :D

Puff's Sea resort is next door as a transition as well.

Thoughts guys? :D

spacemt354

Chili's
Had a brilliant idea for some resorts today...

YachtBeach66_zpsw0le9uw1.png

So I put Fort wilderness (Now themed to Arches national park), Wilderness Lodge, Mineral King Ski Lodge, Indoor Ski Center, and Blizzard Beach all around a giant man-made mountain scenic resort cluster. A Snow-y Skyway connects the winter resorts while a train connectes FW and Wilderness Lodge.

Western River Expedition/River Country Park is near FW.

WL has cabins facing the water. Fort Wilderness includes indoor cave camp sites inside some mountain structures for campers visiting during hurricane, rainy, and winter seasons.

Yacht Club and Beach club are connected via a giant Grand Floridian sized lobby. The Lobby features a glass wall facing the lake for spectacular views of the beach. Similar to WL's indoor geyser, the Lobby here will have waves coming out into the ocean. I made a giant convention center/BoG sea style ballroom inside a giant lighthouse as well :D

Puff's Sea resort is next door as a transition as well.

Thoughts guys? :D
:eek: <-- in excitement

So cool!!:D

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Not sure why there are multiple TTC's...you really only need like one or two. Other than that It looks good.

Eh, I thought the extra two would be used fro Olympics traffic. o_O:bookworm:

Also he's a rough concept art of our castle with the hotel

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%207.18.12%20PM_zpshhu8gqq9.png

I literally just made a hybrid of the Shanghai Castle concept art and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel :p

Thoughts?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Looks nice!

Thanks!

If you make the central location large enough with mid-sized stations at your main clusters you should be good.

Size of the Contemporary Large Enough? o_O

Thought I'd tag a few more who may be interested in getting some fuel to this project again...They've done some awesome work in House Cup! :D

@captainmoch
@Disney Dad 3000
@disneydf
@OwlSong74
@Basketbuddy101
@Angels and Disney's
@Tony the Tigger
@Fox&Hound
@BNImagineer
@Poe Dameron

Most of the project so far is up in the original, updated post on page one :D The rest of these pages have really just been brainstorming on what to do. :bookworm: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/walt-disney-world-1966.911747/

But you don't have to read all of it :p Just any ideas in what you would want in a perfect Walt Disney World, starting from scratch... go ahead and post them here! :D Any old projects you've done that would fit are welcome in here as well:D

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So these were some ideas from the House Cup that really impressed me. They were some amazing attractions that I wanted to honor and have them live on in this large project we have going. If you're interested, we can add it in! :)

Fantasyland Park

My part, complete with a couple additional images.

The Sword in the Stone: Arthur's Passage

The latest chapter in Fantasyland's storied history brings Disney's classic 1963 film, The Sword in the Stone, to life in this brand new dark ride, utilizing the latest in audio animatronic and projection mapping technology to create a memorable experience for guests. The two and a half minute attraction will be housed in the current Princess Fairytale Hall building, and will utilize simple 'mine cart' vehicles similar to that of its predecessor, Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Exterior & Queue:

The adventure begins at the foot of a brand new exterior, characterized by its distinct English style, complete with stone towers and chimneys, wooden columns and other distinct features. Two large trees stand on each corner of the building, and a massive purple dragon figure looms above the attraction's marquee. Guest's familiar with the film will recognize the dragon as Mad Madam Mim, the eccentric witch whom Arthur met in the forest. Guests travel through the turnstiles, along a simple queue and end up in the loading area, which features a colorful mural depicting the legend of the Sword in the Stone on one end and the adventures of Arthur and Merlin on the other. On the sword end, a silhouetted knight is seen tugging at the sword with a crowd of men gathered around him. On the other side, Arthur and Merlin are pictured having tea in Merlin's cottage, with Archimedes perched angrily nearby. Guests board the vehicles and are sent on their way.

The Attraction:

The ride itself is organized into 12 show scenes, each lasting roughly 15-20 seconds each.

The Forest

Guests find themselves in a dark forest, where a cranky Merlin animatronic figure is seen muttering to himself beside an old well. The vehicle travels along a forest trail and find Arthur retrieving an arrow for his foster brother, Kay. Nearby, a hungry wolf eagerly licks its chops, eyeing the wide-eyed child.

Higitus Figitus

The vehicle enters Merlin's cottage, where they find Arthur seated amidst a number of moving objects: books, chairs, teapots, etc. Merlin stands atop a large bucket as he conducts the items like an orchestra. The vehicle maneuvers through the cottage, out the back door, and toward a large castle.

Castle Corridors

The vehicle travels along a series of dark corridors and into a dining hall, where Sir Ector scratches his head in search for Arthur while Kay enjoys a turkey leg. The vehicle passes a window where they see Merlin's tower; a projection mapping effect simulates rain outside.

Castle Moat

The vehicle exits the castle via moat. Guests spot Merlin and Arthur standing alongside the banks of a pond. "Oh, Merlin, Sir, that's an awfully scary place for a fish to live," Arthur exclaims, as Merlin waves his wand in the air.

"That's What Makes the World Go Round"

The vehicle dips into the pond, 'underwater' and through a colorful world of fish and underwater plant life. Merlin and Arthur, who have become fish, sing "That's What Makes the World Go Round," as they wiggle amidst the scene. Projected bubbles and waves simulate the underwater world, much like the way Ariel's Undersea Adventure does.

Washing the Dishes

The vehicle climbs a small hill and reenters the castle. Guests find themselves in a room crowded with spinning dishes, pots and pans; Arthur gazes in amazement as Merlin makes the kitchen equipment wash itself. Guests are sprayed lightly with water as Merlin says "If ya think that's something, wait till I make you take to the skies!"

Flying With Arthur

Guests travel along another corridor where a pepper's ghost effect simulates Arthur being transformed into a bird. The vehicle then careens out a window and to the 'skies,' a dimly-lit room illuminated only by blacklight. Guests see only the peaks of large pine trees and thick, fluffy 'clouds' alongside the room. With a flash of light, guests find themselves in the cottage of Mad Madam Mim.

Mad Madam Mim's Cottage

The vehicle winds along an old stone cottage, where Mad Madam Mim is attempting to swat Arthur, who remains a bird, with a large broom. The vehicle turns a corner and guests find Merlin standing angrily across the room. "Now, Mim," he says sternly, "This has gone far enough. Time to end this the old fashioned way."

The Wizard Duel

The vehicle exits the cottage and guests find themselves in the middle of a climactic wizard duel. Mad Madam Mim is seen towering over a cliff; she has transformed into a fire-breathing dragon. Merlin, who is depicted as a frightened goat, can be seen atop the cliff. "Mim! See here, Mim, we agreed no dragons! No dragons!" he screams helplessly as projection mapped 'fire' lights up the scene. Upon turning a corner, however, we see that Merlin has emerged victorious, as the once-mighty dragon has been defeated by Merlin, who has transformed into a germ. "Ya see, boy, brain over brawn, just like I told you." Arthur and Archimedes smile proudly atop a tree as the vehicle turns another corner toward a crowded village.

The Tournament

A tournament is underway in the distance, depicted by a hand-painted mural. Guests see Arthur nestled beside an old Inn. "Kay's sword, I forgot it, Archimedes!" Archimedes hovers above the figure. "Look boy," he says. "Over there!"

The Sword from the Stone

In the attraction's pivotal scene, the vehicle enters a snowy courtyard, where Arthur pulls the glowing sword from the stone to the praise of several onlookers, one of which exclaims "This boy is our king!" Sir Ector and Kay bow respectfully as light beams down from the ceiling, bathing Arthur in a stream of golden light.

The End:

The vehicle enters the final show scene in the attraction. Arthur is seated happily on the throne; Archimedes is perched alongside him. Crowds outside chant "Heil, King Arthur! Long Live the King!" as Merlin, decked out in his Bermuda outfit, is seen beside an axe and shield. "I knew you had it in you, ma boy! King Arthur! King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table! Unless, of course, err, you'd rather have a square one." The vehicle turns one last corner and reenters the loading area, where a final mural depicting the sword in the stone bids guests farwell.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So these were some ideas from the House Cup that really impressed me. They were some amazing attractions that I wanted to honor and have them live on in this large project we have going. If you're interested, we can add it in! :)

Alice in
Mad Tea Party

The Teacups will now be much more similar to DL's aesthetically, with colorful lanterns and teacups galore.
Tea-Cups-Alice-in-Wonderland-disney-rundisney-disneyland-half-meet-up.jpg

However, it will retain the roof for Florida weather, this time resembling the Paris version's clear roof.
16838844388_73aa109d5c_o.jpg

The teapot centerpiece will actually no longer exist, mostly so riders will get a better view of the surrounding area.
Alice's Curious Labyrinth
This attraction may share a name with the Paris one, but it's much more in name only. In order to get this type of attraction to work operationally in MK's huge crowds, it will be much more of a walk through attraction, similar to Swiss Family Treehouse. The distinction here will be that there's a few different paths a guest could take, with different photo ops or effects. The entrance is to the right of Mad Tea Party, and the maze actually goes around it, with the exit to the left and with great views of the attraction while riding the teacups. It starts off in a hedge maze, similar but slightly smaller than the Paris one.
n013217_2019jul30_alices-curious-labyrinth_16-9.jpg

After the hedge maze, guests enter a small cave, similar to the ones at Tom Sawyer Island. Inside there's some glowing mushrooms and such, and even the Cheshire Cat himself! The Chesire Cat is actually a projection, and using StoryMaker, interacts with guests! The cat will sometimes call a name ("Hello Steve, you seem to be a bit lost!"), or mention a location ("I don't think you're in Georgia anymore...").
The-Cheshire-Cat-alice-in-wonderland-25961730-800-400.jpg

Soon after, guests will pop at the exit, bringing them back to the Mad Tea Party. Around this exit will be where the Alice characters meet; Alice will usually be there, and with the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, or the White Rabbit accompanying her.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom