Walt Disney World 1966 - Vol. I

DlpPhantom

I think Alien Encounter would work better in Sci-Fi, but Mission to Mars could go in the space port. Also, I really want to add Xanadu, but we should probably wait until technology is better. Spaceport could have the entrance to it though.
What is Xanadu because I have no idea. Also the reason alien encounter is not in the Sci fi land is because it was the movie area and we decided to separate the original idea rides with the ones that are based on movies. The mission to Mars would really work well in the space port.

Sam Magic

What is Xanadu because I have no idea. Also the reason alien encounter is not in the Sci fi land is because it was the movie area and we decided to separate the original idea rides with the ones that are based on movies. The mission to Mars would really work well in the space port.
Avatar Land is Xanadu....it's alright, no one really knows that because it's Avatar.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Totally random guys, but I just had an alternate history idea that we could possibly work in to this project.

In the 1956 election, Eisenhower suddenly dies and isn't able to obviously run for reelection. Nixon, though VP and now President is beat by Walt Disney who enters the race for the Republican nomination.

Walt goes on to pick Nixon as his running mate and wins the election. Walt goes on to win in the 1960 election against Democratic nominee, Lyndon Johnson. In 1964, JFK is narrowly elected, but looses his 1968 reelection bid to Nixon.

Nixon serves from 1969-1977 and in 1976 Democrat Henry Jackson is elected. His unpopularity results in Ronald Reagan being elected in 1980 and serving until 1989. His vice-president Bob Dole serves from 1989-1990, after suffering a major heart attack his Vice-President George H.W. Bush assumes the office and wins reelection in 1992.

In 1996 Governor Bill Clinton is elected and does not run for reelection in 2000 because of a series of sex scandals. In 2000 his Vice-President Al Gore is elected and serves two terms. In 2008, following the financial crisis, Mitt Romney, son of former Vice-President George Romney is elected. He was re-elected in 2012. His Vice-President Kamala Harris leads the 2016 field.

All in the background, Epcot is playing a major role in the American economy.

Sam Magic

Decided to go ahead and make a Disney campaign logo because I was bored. Enjoy:
disney campaign logo_1958.png

Last edited:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Thoughts on the timeline? I could develop it into an actual timeline if wanted.

Sam can you be in charge of the timeline? :D I think you got a hold on construction plans and what timespan it takes for things, which we kinda are missing a bit o_O

I think it's actually important to keep one, because what we do effects Company and world events :bookworm:

Like, I feel like instead of EuroDisney and DCA coming up, Eisner would spend that cash on the Olympics or something. Plus what's popular at WDW in the 1970s wont all be the same as whats popular in the 2010s. They're definitely going to be changes. :cool:

Flippin'Flounder

Sam can you be in charge of the timeline? :D I think you got a hold on construction plans and what timespan it takes for things, which we kinda are missing a bit o_O

I think it's actually important to keep one, because what we do effects Company and world events :bookworm:

Like, I feel like instead of EuroDisney and DCA coming up, Eisner would spend that cash on the Olympics or something. Plus what's popular at WDW in the 1970s wont all be the same as whats popular in the 2010s. They're definitely going to be changes. :cool:
Yeah, we can just remove Euro Disney from existence. After WDW is so successful, they might use a similar model for Tokyo, and a DLR redesign.

Voxel

President of Progress City

As long as I'm still president of Progress City and in charge of the Theatre District:

Sam Magic

First year of the timeline is completed. I will be making a google doc so you can all view it in a different format from the forums, but here is 1956.

PRESIDENT EISENHOWER DEAD

“Breaking News - The White House has confirmed the death of President Dwight D. Eisenhower after health complications following a severe heart attack yesterday. Vice-President Richard Nixon will be sworn in by the hour.”
- NPR Radio Broadcast 2/3/56

“President Ike is being leaving the White House for the last time. Behind his casket walks the Eisenhower and Nixon families. President Nixon’s head is bowed down and a grim look of sadness is on his face. He is holding Mamie Eisenhower's hand as she trembles behind her husband's coffin.”
- ABC Television Anchor 2/8/56

When President Eisenhower died, the White House went into shock. D.C. went into shock, but that damn Nixon, not even five days after the man is dead he began firing up the campaign machines.
People forget that back in those days these long primaries we have now simply didn’t exist. The party machines chose the nominee at the summer convention. Rarely, if ever, did the campaigns really start before the summer. Regardless, Nixon was ready to go, he was making calls and deals, fishing for the nomination. I guess in his mind he figured that no one would be willing to oppose him, let alone the man who made Mickey Mouse.
- J.J. Rockwell White House Press Secretary 1959-1965 “One Moon & One Golden Sun; Disney’s America” film (2005

WALT DISNEY RUNS FOR PRESIDENT
On March 9th, during a special patriotic episode of “Walt Disney’s Disneyland”, Walt Disney announced that he would be seeking the Republican nomination for President. At first, many in the political establishment rejected Walt's notion and bid, but by the time Republicans gathered in San Francisco Walt Disney was the clear front runner. On the first day, following a brief speech, Walt was unanimously nominated by the Republican Party. Walt chose Nixon to be his running mate.
At the Democrats convention, they renominated their 1952 candidate Adlai Stevenson, but during his acceptance speech, Stevenson pledged unequivocal support for Civil Rights. This pledge resulted in the entire Southern Delegation walking out of the convention and declaring its support for the West Virginia Senator Robert Byrd.
The campaign was marked by the Disney’s brilliant marketing strategy. Every week, Walt was able to speak to Americans on television about the future he could build. This not only made him appear Presidential, but created a sense that Walt as President would bring progress and prosperity. Many saw Walt as a natural successor of the late Eisenhower. The Disney campaign made a new Sherman Brothers song the campaign theme. The song “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow” became a national hit and a symbol of the direction Walt wanted to take the nation in. Across the country Mouseketeer club membership exploded and soon replaced the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts as the largest American youth group. The entire nation was swept up in Disneymania and Walt would be swept into the White House with a commanding 518 electoral vote victory; the largest electoral victory since FDR. It was an early sign that Disney was about to lead America into a new era.
- “America: Our Land, Our People, Our History” (2007)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom